SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#347183 - 07/17/12 11:36 AM Re: WERSI PEGASUS Wing Professional Demo [Re: Ketron User]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Actually, Bill, I think the G-70/E-80 have that same type sound...nothing wrong with modern...that's also why I like my Tyros4...it sounds both new and vintage.

The Wing sounds good, but it is nothing special...it doesn't sound distinctive, but rather a copy of what is already available at probably cheaper prices, and, perhaps, better reliability.

I have to stay current musically because of my clinician/demonstrator job...thankfully Yamaha provides some great new styles with their Premium packs and, thanks to the kindness of my good friend Tony Hughes, I also have the luxury of the 1 gig expansion board so I can add new sounds.

There is nothing being played on the Wing in that demo that can't be covered by current, and older, arrangers.

Hopefully, there will be software available to make it a bit more identifiable.

Ian

PS...I have to say that the quality of the demo itself, is very good.

#347184 - 07/17/12 12:30 PM Re: WERSI PEGASUS Wing Professional Demo [Re: ianmcnll]
Tony Hughes Offline

Originally Posted By: ianmcnll

and, perhaps, better reliability.

Whoops Ian,

Was Wersi ever any good on reliability, not from what I have seen, I would like to see inside one before I bought one, designed in Germany by BMW engineers, built in China by robots, and played by, well you make your own mind up ??? rotf2

#347185 - 07/17/12 12:35 PM Re: WERSI PEGASUS Wing Professional Demo [Re: abacus]
Tony Hughes Offline

Originally Posted By: abacus
Originally Posted By: Tony Hughes
will someone tell me how much the software is to get it to this level. http://www.computerworld.com/common/images/site/features/2011/01/abacus.jpg

NONE: thats how it comes OOTB

Bill

Bill,

I would need some convincing bearing in mind the Germans are having to bail out the Italians so they can keep building Ketron, Korg etc etc, they will need all the Euros they can get, it won't be coming from the Wing then from what you say...
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#347192 - 07/17/12 03:08 PM Re: WERSI PEGASUS Wing Professional Demo [Re: Tony Hughes]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Originally Posted By: abacus
will someone tell me how much the software is to get it to this level. http://www.computerworld.com/common/images/site/features/2011/01/abacus.jpg

NONE: thats how it comes OOTB

Bill

, it won't be coming from the Wing then from what you say...

confused ??????????

#347193 - 07/17/12 03:12 PM Re: WERSI PEGASUS Wing Professional Demo [Re: abacus]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Bill...stop confusing Tony.. smile

Tony,the soft synth bank of sounds comes with the Wersi...all included in the modest price.... wink

Edited by Fran Carango (07/17/12 03:13 PM)

#347203 - 07/17/12 09:21 PM Re: WERSI PEGASUS Wing Professional Demo [Re: Ketron User]
Tony Hughes Offline

Fran,

First up, it don't take much to confuse Billy Wersi, he's from the south. rotf2You got me more confused: (1) you have stopped writing in the 3rd person (2) I didn't know that you're were secretly PMing Billy Wersi to get up to speed on the Wing (3) If it's such a modest price perhaps you could buy one and do some demos (4) never though you could read German(5) Never thought that anyone from USA would ever buy anything made in Germany.

sofa

The Germans rule the World in good engineering, but not arrangers, leave that to the Italians whose engineering skills are exceedingly questionable.
computer

BTW I doubt the USA importing the Wing and I doubt Wersi ever exporting to the USA, so perhaps end of story, not done in 110 volts 60 Hz, Oh look out I see a Billy about... Oh yes they do variable voltage as standard... and it doubles up as a Tig welder... and an AC cooling unit..like a Swiss army knife the Wersi Wing... thats why it took so long to write the manual..

#347205 - 07/17/12 09:34 PM Re: WERSI PEGASUS Wing Professional Demo [Re: Ketron User]
Ensnareyou Offline

Loc: California
Note sure what reliability issues you're talking about? I've had my Abacus for many years now and had several software revisions and never once has it failed. I'm sure Bill can chime in regarding his Abacus but my experience has been nothing but great. My Yamaha TOTL arranger had more issues than I care to remember with never a remedy in sight.

#347211 - 07/18/12 12:54 AM Re: WERSI PEGASUS Wing Professional Demo [Re: Ketron User]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Don’t worry about Tony, he only got electricity a couple of years ago, and he has still got his head buried in Wiki to try and make it sound as if he knows what he is on about. drink

BTW: you can always tell when he is really confused as he then can’t even get my name right. confused2

Don’t worry Tony, keep taking the Meds; it will come right in the end. dance

Bill

#347213 - 07/18/12 03:16 AM Re: WERSI PEGASUS Wing Professional Demo [Re: Tony Hughes]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: ianmcnll

and, perhaps, better reliability.

Whoops Ian,

Was Wersi ever any good on reliability, not from what I have seen, I would like to see inside one before I bought one, designed in Germany by BMW engineers, built in China by robots, and played by, well you make your own mind up ??? rotf2

Whatever the reliability level, Tony, whether good or bad, is immaterial at this point, as there is not much chance we'll see a Wing, or any other Wersi for that matter, in my neck of the woods.

And, judging from what I've heard from the posted demo, and other Wersi demos in the past, the instruments have a "dated" sound and aren't anything special, in my opinion. They appear to be designed solely for the European market, and, also in my opinion (and the dealer's as well), would garner very limited interest. There also seems to be very little support.

The company and it's instruments, do have a dedicated, and apparently small but loyal following (at least on SZ), and we have had discussions on Wersi in the past, and this one appears to be heading in much the same direction.

http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum37/HTML/018014.html

Hey, there are unusual cars that have a loyal following, despite their quirkiness and limited appeal, so, it's not much different with arrangers/organs and keyboards in general. Some people, like Mr.Gray and Mr.Ensnoreyou, to name two, just have different tastes...nothing wrong with that.

Ian

#347232 - 07/18/12 10:30 AM Re: WERSI PEGASUS Wing Professional Demo [Re: Ketron User]
Ensnareyou Offline

Loc: California
Ian,

Are you always a condescending ass or do you just feel the need to change my moniker to your liking because I said my Yamaha product had serious issues? I have no problem spelling your name correctly so you shouldn't have a problem spelling mine correctly either.

If you want to spout your opinion about a product by all means do so, but it still baffles me how you manage to do so having never used the product. It takes a real genius to review a product their hands have never touched.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online