SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#346647 - 07/09/12 09:39 AM One more PA3x modification pt1
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
OK - bear with me ... this has been a process, and it's almost back to "comfy" stage. After buying the PA-AS speaker bar, my old stand, with mic boom attached did not work, so I began my quest to fix the situation. I might have found the solution! I stuck a tube inside the end of the top tier and attached a small mic boom to it. This gave me about 5-6 inches of depth that I needed to allow the PA-AS to sit on top and still have the mic attached to the stand. I don't like a free standing mic boom - they get bumped, take up floor space and worst of all .... I have to CARRY it. I'll post the most recent pics of my rig for all of those interested. I think I can only do 2 at a time, so look for subsequent posts.
I'm also including the new light bar I hang from the top of my Bose Compact - 2 teeny-weeny ADJ micro lazers - the Galaxian and the Gobo ... Awesome investment. Enjoy!

Attachments
IMG_0965.jpg

IMG_0966.jpg

#346648 - 07/09/12 09:40 AM Re: One more PA3x modification pt1 [Re: Uncle Dave]
Uncle Dave Offline

(That's my tip cup hangin' from the mic stand!)

#346678 - 07/09/12 05:11 PM Re: One more PA3x modification pt1 [Re: Uncle Dave]
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
"I stuck a tube inside the end of the top tier and attached a small mic boom to it"

I don't get what you are saying here. It looks like you are just using a standard x stand. Was the tube you stuck inside the stand a standard piece or something from the hardware store, how did you attach the mic boom to it?

#346683 - 07/09/12 08:09 PM Re: One more PA3x modification pt1 [Re: Uncle Dave]
124 Offline

I think it's one of those extension arms that are sold in pairs and intended to add a second tier to a standard x-stand.

#346686 - 07/09/12 09:24 PM Re: One more PA3x modification pt1 [Re: Uncle Dave]
Uncle Dave Offline

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online