SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#346603 - 07/08/12 04:41 PM Re: Songs for Deckertainment ? [Re: Bill Lewis]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Ok, so I'm doing a study on the attention span of old men. Of the 30 responses to this post (including this one) 2 were right on topic (Montunoman and TonyM - both at or near the beginning of the post), 8 were vaguely related, and the rest (again, including this one) had little or nothing to do with the OP's request. Seems the longer a post continues, the more we (old men) go off-topic.

An old geezer, when asked what the secret of his 50+ year old marriage was, responded, "I don't talk and I don't listen". We certainly seem to have the second part down pretty well.

chas

#346604 - 07/08/12 04:54 PM Re: Songs for Deckertainment ? [Re: Bill Lewis]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Some people say that I have a short attention span, but I

#346608 - 07/08/12 07:21 PM Re: Songs for Deckertainment ? [Re: ianmcnll]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Uh ... what did you say, chas?

#346611 - 07/08/12 08:01 PM Re: Songs for Deckertainment ? [Re: tony mads usa]
cgiles Offline

Originally Posted By: tony mads usa
Uh ... what did you say, chas?

Uh....when?

#346613 - 07/08/12 08:07 PM Re: Songs for Deckertainment ? [Re: Bill Lewis]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
EXCUSE ME Chas. . . My post was about playing a party on a deck and I demand to be counted, even if it's a technicality. smile
You must be pretty bored tonight, resorting to counting the contents of posts. Of course, here I am responding to it . . .
You could be in your music room jamming and recording it for us.
DonM

#346622 - 07/09/12 03:36 AM Re: Songs for Deckertainment ? [Re: Bill Lewis]
cgiles Offline

Sorry Don, I stopped reading them after the first three.....I just made up the rest. So.....your party on a deck; was that like on a cruise ship or something? Do cruise ships pay well? Where was the ship going? Did you get seasick? What percentage of people get seasick on a cruise. Do cruise rates go up when fuel prices go up? Can the President really do anything about oil prices? What about Newt, he said he could get us $2/gal. gas at the pump. This may be OT but I was just wondering, what kind of tunes would you play on, let's say, a deck gig?

chas

#346626 - 07/09/12 05:23 AM Re: Songs for Deckertainment ? [Re: Bill Lewis]
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
Chas LOL !! I just got the time to read these responses and was thinking the same thing. Too funny. Kind of like a class of 1st graders playing the "telephone" game. ( If you don't know it you whisper something once to the first kid he whispers it once to the next kid and on down the line. By the time it gets to the last kid its hilarious ) Thanks again to those who offered some advice. After thinking about it and changing some things around in my tunes I think I'm ready for this week. Going out tonight to see Dave at the "Crab Trap" and get inspired.

Gee, maybe I should of kept my B3 HA!!!

Bill

#346643 - 07/09/12 09:15 AM Re: Songs for Deckertainment ? [Re: cgiles]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Originally Posted By: cgiles
Sorry Don, I stopped reading them after the first three.....I just made up the rest. So.....your party on a deck; was that like on a cruise ship or something? Do cruise ships pay well? Where was the ship going? Did you get seasick? What percentage of people get seasick on a cruise. Do cruise rates go up when fuel prices go up? Can the President really do anything about oil prices? What about Newt, he said he could get us $2/gal. gas at the pump. This may be OT but I was just wondering, what kind of tunes would you play on, let's say, a deck gig?

chas

Maybe Deck the Halls With Boughs of Holly? All Hands On Deck? Deck of Cards?
smile

#346644 - 07/09/12 09:22 AM Re: Songs for Deckertainment ? [Re: DonM]
cgiles Offline

Originally Posted By: DonM

Maybe Deck the Halls With Boughs of Holly? All Hands On Deck? Deck of Cards?
smile

Or, if Boo is in the house, maybe a little DECK-ster Gordon. smile

chas

#346660 - 07/09/12 11:00 AM Re: Songs for Deckertainment ? [Re: Bill Lewis]
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Sorry, folks for getting so far off topic. Truth is, I'd give my left N** to just play jazz for 1/3 my average income.

It ain't gonna happen. The gigs aren't there and I'm not good enough.

What's left is a compromise. My one monthly B-3 gig is at a club established for faculty and staff members of a large state university...thus the "small but mighty" audience for jazz.

The restaurant gigs are really a chance to "fish" for film and film score work for my company. I play "background" music...two for them and one for me.

A little of the bitterness other folks devoted to playing jazz voice.

Sorry.

R.

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online