SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#346280 - 07/01/12 02:14 PM Re: Where you giggin 4th of July? [Re: Dnj]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I'm available right now for the 4th. My job was cancelled.
Have gear, will travel.
DonM

#346282 - 07/01/12 04:55 PM Re: Where you giggin 4th of July? [Re: Songman55]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Originally Posted By: Songman55
Sunday and Monday doing some R & R in Atlantic City.

Hey Joe! Stop in to the Crab Trap in Somers Point before you go! I play 6-10! We're 20 minutes from Atlantic City!
Call me 215-284-1328!
Dave

#346288 - 07/01/12 06:28 PM Re: Where you giggin 4th of July? [Re: Uncle Dave]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Then take R and R again during August and September...and see the good looking guy at the Crab Trap...Maybe you will also see Bill Lewis..he visits sometimes.. smile

See the BK 5 in action rocker

#346321 - 07/02/12 01:17 PM Re: Where you giggin 4th of July? [Re: Fran Carango]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
A little sober note for those involved with Nursing Homes. Last year, according to information from the Federal Government, patient physical abuse was found in 28% of the population.

That's better than one out of 4 residents.

Gary must luck out where he works, because the stats on nutrition and food quality at "For Profits" are equally dismal. People starve to death in the worst ones.

If interested, email me and I'll forward you the info as an attachment I just got from Kentuckians for Nursing Home Reform.

What this means is that, while I admire those of us here who sincerely provide excellent entertainment at Nursing homes, Assisted Living centers and such, I can't stand to even be in the same room with staff and management of most of these hell holes.

Russ

#346328 - 07/02/12 06:42 PM Re: Where you giggin 4th of July? [Re: Dnj]
Duane O Offline

Loc: Ridgecrest, California, USA
I'll be selling fireworks, raising money for the Shriner's

Duane

#346329 - 07/02/12 07:06 PM Re: Where you giggin 4th of July? [Re: Dnj]
Songman55 Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD USA
Hi Uncle Dave and Fran. I just got back and read your posts. I will contact both of you the next time I go to AC. I'd love to see you. I had a real good time and now it's a balls to the wall week.

Happy 4th,

Joe

#346401 - 07/04/12 08:11 AM Re: Where you giggin 4th of July? [Re: Fran Carango]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Originally Posted By: Fran Carango
Then take R and R again during August and September...and see the good looking guy at the Crab Trap...

WHAT??? I thought you quit that band? What happened to the cute little chippie you just started working with?

#346402 - 07/04/12 08:34 AM Re: Where you giggin 4th of July? [Re: Dnj]
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
Tony you should get your facts right before posting. I have been playing at senior venues for about 8 years now - almost daily and get paid very well to do so. In Texas we have several classes of these venues - Retirement Communities where people decide to live rather than at a private residence. The cost of most of these places here in the Dallas area runs anywhere from $6000.00k - $12,000.00 a month!
There are also Independent Living facilities where people go to live who might have mobility problems such as needing a wheel chair or a walker but otherwise are in pretty good health. They are paying up to $7000.00 a month! Next are the Assisted Living Facilities where you find people who have problems doing everyday tasks such as dressing or just getting around - prices vary here from $3000.00 - $8000.00 a month depending on the level of care required. Last are the Memory Care units which house those with memory problems. Many of these people have lost all recollection of events and people in their lives and require 24-7 care. The cost is enormous and on-going.

So, for someone to post they are performing at a "high end" senior venue is not name dropping or "Posh" like as you indicated . One of my "High End " places costs residents $750,000.00 upfront to buy in and then the monthly cost ranges from $9000.00 - $12,000.00 a month depending on the living arrangements they have chosen. Their every need and want is catered to including private limousines for shopping or town trips. They dine in facilities better than most high end restaurants or first class cruise ships with wait staff assigned to each table.

Then there are the government sponsored facilities for people who have little to no funds to pay for their needs. Like Russ said - some of these places I Won't play for the very reasons Russ stated. Fortunately, here in my area they are few and far between.

Tony, I know NOTHING about such places in the UK even though my wife and I travel to the UK twice yearly to visit friends. Seems like it would be rather foolish of me to comment on UK senior venues.

Deane

Edited by hammer (07/04/12 08:38 AM)

#346406 - 07/04/12 09:53 AM Re: Where you giggin 4th of July? [Re: hammer]
Tony Hughes Offline

Originally Posted By: hammer

Then there are the government sponsored facilities for people who have little to no funds to pay for their needs. Like Russ said - some of these places I Won't play for the very reasons Russ stated. Fortunately, here in my area they are few and far between.

Deane

Deane,

These are just the kind a old folks homes in the UK that I would play in for free, they don't have any money they are run by the NHS and I wouldn't take any off them if they had, Deane it's not just me that will play for free, lots of organ and KB players will, most of the UK homes will have an organ donated by someone who passed on, that someone will come in and play, I am not trying to be smart about this, there is a World of difference between Texas and Manchester UK, I love it like it is. Next time you come across ask someone to take you in a HNS home, take your dots and play for them, that would be nice, if you ask for any money for playing they will look at you like you got two heads rotf2

Regards

Tony

#346428 - 07/05/12 05:55 AM Re: Where you giggin 4th of July? [Re: Dnj]
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
Funny how things happen. Being new down here in Cape May NJ I'm still working on making contacts. I had nothing for the 4th but my wife had to work that night in a little shop on the Mall. She felt bad about working oon the holiday so I took her to lunch at a place the just opened. Two Mile Inn in Wildwood Crest. As usual I got into a conversation with the bartender and then the manager and he said he was stuck for entertainment that day!!! Had lunch , went home, loaded up and came back to do 5-8 on the deck. I'll be there again next Thursday. Working outside with a keyboard setup is making me jealous of these acoustic guitar guys with one little amp.

Fran and Dave please post your schedules at the Trap, I'll be there to see you in action

Edited by Bill Lewis (07/05/12 05:56 AM)

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online