SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#346243 - 06/30/12 04:36 PM Re: Where you giggin 4th of July? [Re: Tony Hughes]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Faculty Club on the B-3 at noon, Private club at 7;30...on the patio after a golf event, then i move inside to the lounge for 4 hours.

R.

#346244 - 06/30/12 04:37 PM Re: Where you giggin 4th of July? [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Actually Tony,it appears that there are more Assisted Living Centers and Nursing Homes in the UK than there are here. As for old folks playing arrangers, have you bothered to look in the mirror lately? There's an old fart who plays an arranger looking back at you. wink

As for longevity of the residents of these facilities here, they tend to live a lot longer, and in many instances better, than you might seem to believe. Maybe things are different in the UK when it comes to assisted living centers, nursing homes, and independent living centers. The way your avatar appears, though, you'll find out soon enough.

What I don't understand is why you, an arranger keyboard player, isn't working every day doing the same things that DNJ, Bill From Dayton, myself and a host of others do, which is to entertain folks by playing your keyboard at these locations, and get paid to do so.

Now, you want to know what these folks fed? Many of the places I perform have better food, more food, more variety in their diets, and eat at better places than either of us could afford. We don't have an Indian Takeaway on every corner, in fact, I don't even know what you're referring to. As for having a nursing home on every corner, it appears there are more in the UK than here in the US. I just did a good search of assisted living facilities in the UK and the list was larger than a Chicago telephone book.

Sound like you have too much time on your hands. Maybe you should get out of the home, haul your keyboard to some nursing homes, and make some people happy.

Good Luck,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#346250 - 06/30/12 08:05 PM Re: Where you giggin 4th of July? [Re: Dnj]
Songman55 Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD USA
Sunday and Monday doing some R & R in Atlantic City. Tuesday I'm playing a big BBQ at the Masonic Home, and Wednesday I'm doing a party at the Morningside House Assisted Living facility in Parkville, MD, then having the family down to my townhouse on the Baltimore Inner Harbor to view the fireworks from the rooftop. It's always an awesome experience.

#346251 - 06/30/12 08:11 PM Re: Where you giggin 4th of July? [Re: Dnj]
Songman55 Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD USA
Ditto to what Gary just said. I've been doing some assisted living facilities for 10 years or more and some of the same people I started with are still there and doing very well.

Joe

#346252 - 06/30/12 09:52 PM Re: Where you giggin 4th of July? [Re: travlin'easy]
Tony Hughes Offline

Originally Posted By: travlin'easy
Actually Tony,it appears that there are more Assisted Living Centers and Nursing Homes in the UK than there are here. As for old folks playing arrangers, have you bothered to look in the mirror lately? There's an old fart who plays an arranger looking back at you. wink

As for longevity of the residents of these facilities here, they tend to live a lot longer, and in many instances better, than you might seem to believe. Maybe things are different in the UK when it comes to assisted living centers, nursing homes, and independent living centers. The way your avatar appears, though, you'll find out soon enough.

What I don't understand is why you, an arranger keyboard player, isn't working every day doing the same things that DNJ, Bill From Dayton, myself and a host of others do, which is to entertain folks by playing your keyboard at these locations, and get paid to do so.

Now, you want to know what these folks fed? Many of the places I perform have better food, more food, more variety in their diets, and eat at better places than either of us could afford. We don't have an Indian Takeaway on every corner, in fact, I don't even know what you're referring to. As for having a nursing home on every corner, it appears there are more in the UK than here in the US. I just did a good search of assisted living facilities in the UK and the list was larger than a Chicago telephone book.

Sound like you have too much time on your hands. Maybe you should get out of the home, haul your keyboard to some nursing homes, and make some people happy.

Good Luck,

Gary cool

Gary,

You have not read and digested one word of what I said, read it carefully, I said WEEEE have an Indian takeaway on every corner not you,and you appear to have an old folks home on ever corner was a smart ass comparion off the cuff. When you are operting on people down the hospital, I hope you read the instructions before you start cutting. rotf2 BTW Gary I don't have time to entertain the old folks, I still have a fulltime job, any entertaining I do is for free, I don't charge for the level that I play at, even though it's not too bad, I know my limitations, I can't play by ear like you, I need to read the dots to get it right, I like to play a comprehensive range.

Tony

#346255 - 06/30/12 10:31 PM Re: Where you giggin 4th of July? [Re: Tony Hughes]
Tony Hughes Offline

Gary,

In the UK anyone going into an old folks home playing a KB or arranger would be doing it for free, no one in the UK makes a living out of playing for old folks, that goes for a private nursing home or NHS.

It's like a culture thing here, a bit of respect for people who are not going to come out of there, sort of not making money on them, we look at it in a different way, I play at christmas for old folks for ROTARY and kids schools, all for free.

Suppose I should say GOD BLESS Tony, but I will let others do that if they want.

Since no one answered my question I have found one slant on it?

http://sammonsays.com/general-humor/why-god-bless-america/

#346266 - 07/01/12 09:25 AM Re: Where you giggin 4th of July? [Re: Dnj]
Beakybird Offline

Nursing home in the morning, nursing home in the afternoon, then at night I'm the human cannon ball. I get paid $100 + mileage.

#346273 - 07/01/12 12:27 PM Re: Where you giggin 4th of July? [Re: Beakybird]
Tony Hughes Offline

Beaky,

Do the canon ball first and if they can't find you, you can have the rest of the day off rotf2 you can be posted "missing in action" or get them to aim the canon through the window of the first gigg!!! What an entrance

#346276 - 07/01/12 01:04 PM Re: Where you giggin 4th of July? [Re: Beakybird]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: Beakybird
Nursing home in the morning, nursing home in the afternoon, then at night I'm the human cannon ball. I get paid $100 + mileage.

One of the farthest human cannonball flights is 185 ft 10 in (56.54 m), by David "Cannonball" Smith Sr. This feat occurred on May 29, 1998, at Kennywood Park, West Mifflin, Pennsylvania, USA.

It is estimated David was traveling at over 70 mph (112 km/h) during the flight.

Your human cannonball act will be a tough one to follow, Beaky, and if you can't make it back again next year, I hope they'll be lucky enough to find someone of the same caliber. wink

Ian

#346277 - 07/01/12 01:07 PM Re: Where you giggin 4th of July? [Re: ianmcnll]
Tony Hughes Offline

Ian,

I hope Breaky can hit on a few birds on the way... taz singing THE ONLY WAYS IS UP...

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online