Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#34659 - 02/09/10 09:20 AM Re: OS4 will be out this Friday
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by skude:
Hi TWD
Would be nice to have those DVD's just in case, do you know where to get them? Never heard about the DVD's before.
Waiting for a new soundboard for my Audya, sure takes a long time to get it, have been waiting for months. Getting a little frustrated these days, my weekend gig was not the best one cause of this faulty sound board.
Thanks
skude

Skude,

Tell us what happened to the sound card
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#34660 - 02/09/10 02:06 PM Re: OS4 will be out this Friday
Tonewheeldude Offline

There is very little use for the DVD restore set unless you seriously mess up your hard disk or have a HDD accident. It takes you to OS2.0 and you reload all OS updates after that, I think it has to be that way to make sure the Audya's hardware is in sync with the OS. I presume (but not certain) that part of the update involves some bios or flash memory alterations.

I keep a complete backup on my laptop (which goes everywhere with me) so don't need the restore DVD's. I think this is the best option, then if you do delete something by accident you can just copy the file across.

TWD

[This message has been edited by Tonewheeldude (edited 02-09-2010).]

#34661 - 02/09/10 09:30 PM Re: OS4 will be out this Friday
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Tonewheeldude:
There is very little use for the DVD restore set unless you seriously mess up your hard disk or have a HDD accident. It takes you to OS2.0 and you reload all OS updates after that, I think it has to be that way to make sure the Audya's hardware is in sync with the OS. I presume (but not certain) that part of the update involves some bios or flash memory alterations.

I keep a complete backup on my laptop (which goes everywhere with me) so don't need the restore DVD's. I think this is the best option, then if you do delete something by accident you can just copy the file across.

TWD

[This message has been edited by Tonewheeldude (edited 02-09-2010).]

TWD,

Thanks for that and the one on the other SZ site. I am in PC myself for a day job and started programming "C" and others when dos 1.25 was built. I don't have a problem with loading anything on, its others who bought Audya and now find they need to get a friend in to load updates. I know a few people who bought the KB who were not told the truth about updates and I was told that Audya was the best "KB IN THE WORLD EVER" the shape of things to come, I have a Korg PA2x and I am an engineer and Audya is not what it is made out to be and TWD if you have one you must agree it's not worth twice the cost of the PA2x. My gripe is waiting for an update that yet again will be the best thing since sliced bread, blow your socks off, these are the statements being made, but where is it, it should have been in the KB when I got it, then the original statement would have been true. Ketron have had 18 months and 3 upgrades and it's no better than any other KB, just a lot more money. If Audya had been a car it would have had wings and a propeller!

Thanks TWD

BTW TWD I have had another problem about a week back I was playing with some WAV and Loops and the LCD screen when blank, the KB still played, I tired everything to get the sceen back on and the only way was to reboot! There are still Software bugs in there that have not surfaced yet for you all. KB will in the end be controlled by windows it's a well tried and tested product, it has problems but when it trips up it can sort itself out. Window has been tested by millions and is about £80.00 to buy it will be a way forward one day. Its used to load your Audya OS4 on when it comes and you cannot do without it.

Watch this and you will see what I mean all you need is a simple midi KB £300.00 one that going down the tip.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-4ycaFUUgI

BTW on this one you need to love the Wurlitzer

[This message has been edited by Tony Hughes (edited 02-09-2010).]

[This message has been edited by Tony Hughes (edited 02-09-2010).]
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#34662 - 02/10/10 12:45 AM Re: OS4 will be out this Friday
Tonewheeldude Offline

Having a good knowledge of computers doesn't mean you don't make mistakes Tony and you missed the point completely of the UK forum post. Its very simple:

Are you 100% sure you loaded OS 2.0, Styles, 2.0c then 3.0 in that order? Yay or Nay?

#34663 - 02/10/10 11:11 AM Re: OS4 will be out this Friday
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Tonewheeldude:
Having a good knowledge of computers doesn't mean you don't make mistakes Tony and you missed the point completely of the UK forum post. Its very simple:

Are you 100% sure you loaded OS 2.0, Styles, 2.0c then 3.0 in that order? Yay or Nay?

TWD,

People think my Audya still locks up, it doesn't and have have loaded all the updates on correctly, this is my second KB and the first one locked up for fun, update by the dealer several times, my first KB was then sold on to someone in Kent and he had to send it back to my dealer, OS3a was loaded on to that KB again and eventually it worked OK. I have a new problem that has happened a few times when the screen goes blank. My main gripe is what everybody should be complaining about, that is the AUDYA was not a finsished product, this is now known to all mankind, if you are happy with yours then OK but I have been told that OS4 will blow you away, if I am not paying for updates then that means it was not finished when I bought it, as it will be, I have had to wait until such time as Ketron add all the bits I have paid for, if that is not the case they I would be been charging for updates. Am I missing something or am I talk tosh! With regard to the software when I write a full backup it means a full back up right up to the last line of code written today, not updates on update in the correct order or your dead, that's playing with software and I know what there problem is doing this!

Cheers Tony

[This message has been edited by Tony Hughes (edited 02-10-2010).]

#34664 - 02/10/10 01:10 PM Re: OS4 will be out this Friday
Tonewheeldude Offline

I must have missed the post where you said your keyboard is no longer locking up. Thats fantastic news and I bet all our fellow synthzoners will be ecstatic to hear that!

Quote:
Originally posted by Tony Hughes:
TWD, Am I missing something or am I talk tosh!

Cheers Tony

I believe you 'mentally' need to seperate new features from bug fixes.

Let me give you an example. If you work with computers you will know that the IBM T20 was regarded as one of the most reliable and well built laptops ever made, and IBM's online support system is the benchmark to which all other computer manufacturers aim for. They were rock solid PC's and I have customers that still run them everyday with XP SP3.

Have a look at the list of Bios updates:

1.02 IYET36WW
1.03 IYET37WW
1.06 IYET42WW
1.07 IYET43WW
1.08 IYET45WW
1.09 IYET46WW
1.10 IYET49WW
1.11 IYET50WW
1.12 IYET52WW
1.13 IYET53WW
1.14 IYET54WW
1.16 IYET56WW
1.17 IYET57WW
1.18 IYET57WW
1.19 IYET58WW
1.20 IYET59WW
1.21 IYET60WW
1.22 IYET61WW

Apart from the odd feature, almost all of these were to sort out bugs.

Ketron could just given us boring fixes like this just to sort out the odd bug here and there, but instead they choose to give us a new GUI, a load of extra styles and who knows what else in OS4. All things that were not on the keyboard we paid for and had they never released them we would never have complained about them.

TWD

[This message has been edited by Tonewheeldude (edited 02-14-2010).]

#34665 - 02/10/10 01:31 PM Re: OS4 will be out this Friday
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Quote:
Originally posted by Tony Hughes:
People think my Audya still locks up, it doesn't and have have loaded all the updates on correctly....

WOW! I really was in impression that your Audya still stood up against the wall,
and PA2X Pro was the King on the kbstand as we could see in a picture some time
ago.
Good to hear that it works again, can't remember see you mentioned that in any
post?

Happy Playing
GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#34666 - 02/12/10 08:25 AM Re: OS4 will be out this Friday
Tony Hughes Offline

Another Friday gone and no sign of OS4. My contact in the factory has gone the way of many other before him.

Regards

#34667 - 02/12/10 10:06 AM Re: OS4 will be out this Friday
leezone Offline

Tony,

the countdown is at.... uuummmm..... 1

#34668 - 02/12/10 11:07 AM Re: OS4 will be out this Friday
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by leezone:
Tony,

the countdown is at.... uuummmm..... 1

I was told by the factory in would be mid Feb, still another 3 days to mid Feb.

Regards

Page 5 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online