SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#346166 - 06/27/12 07:36 AM For Sale: Tyros 4.
donpatt Offline

Loc: Lufkin, TX.
Selling my Tyros 4, and Roland FR-1X V Accordion! See Buy and Sell.

donpatt@consolidated.net
Don P

#346185 - 06/27/12 08:14 PM Re: For Sale: Tyros 4. [Re: donpatt]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Don,
are you actually changing instruments?

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#346193 - 06/28/12 04:37 AM Re: For Sale: Tyros 4. [Re: donpatt]
donpatt Offline

Hi Rikki, long time no see!

Actually, I've been using my BK-7 more and more. I finally read the manual, ha ha, and have learned how to use it. The BK-7 styles suit me better, although I'll miss the SA voices and vocalizer. Won't miss the weight! For what I do, the T4 is overkill.

Basically the T4 is just sitting here so decided to part with it.

Hope you are well and your 3X is working out for you!

Don P

#346200 - 06/28/12 11:13 AM Re: For Sale: Tyros 4. [Re: donpatt]
Tony Hughes Offline

Don,

How could you sell your T4 when it could sound like this straight out of the box,
with a few years practice and an a new brain. rotf2

Hey and Tostie can play jazz sofa

#346215 - 06/29/12 04:11 PM Re: For Sale: Tyros 4. [Re: donpatt]
rikkisbears Offline

Hi Don,
that's great that the BK7m is working out for you so well.

Must surely beat having to drag around a keyboard when I gather you're basically using T4 as arranger module for an accordian?

Such a pity Yammie & Korg don't have arranger modules.

I'm still very happy with my PA3X. Just waiting to see what the new upgrade brings next month.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#346216 - 06/29/12 06:07 PM Re: For Sale: Tyros 4. [Re: rikkisbears]
sparky589 Offline

Loc: NJ
You've really got me thinking about that bk-7 m. It is so compact. If I could get full arranger utility out of a small package from ketron that is not geared toward midfile playing like the midjay, I would like that. What was your biggest complaint with your Audya 4? You didn't seem to have that long either.

Wouldn't a tyros module be nice???

#346218 - 06/29/12 09:18 PM Re: For Sale: Tyros 4. [Re: sparky589]
Giovanni Offline

Loc: Norwich Norfolk England
Hi folks , I've spoken to people at Yamaha a number of times and they say that they have no plans to make a module version .
i think the volumes in sales terms are not there for them .

I'm still gigging with my Technics smac1200 module linked to my midi accordion and using a Musictech radio transmitter and Receiver . (of course the musictech system will hook up to any midi module/keyboard and does away with the "umbilical cord " from the accordion to the module /keyboard .
allowing me to walk around and play all the great accomps from the module .

I have a ton of software for the technics , Which i really like and that makes it even harder to change brands ,

#346301 - 07/02/12 04:22 AM Re: For Sale: Tyros 4. [Re: donpatt]
donpatt Offline

The T4 has found a new home!

Hey Giovanni, it's really been a long time! I know you love Technics, you've had that a while. What happened to your T4? Are you still playing your Concerto?

Sparky, For the price, you can't beat the BK-7m. Works really well with accordions. Tons of styles! Easy MIDI interface.

I actually kept my Audya 4 abt a year. It was OK, I wasn't overwhelmed with the live drums and guitars like some, but most of the sounds were really good. It was easy to use, and had a very good vocalizer. I never had a problem with mine like others have, however, I worried abt that, and what kind of support I would get.

My biggest dislike abt the Audya was the way the one touch settings worked. They were not loaded at the factory, so you have to add them yourself, then save them as user styles. I just did not care for that setup! Could be that I'm lazy. If that ever changes, I won't say I wouldn't try one again.

Don P

#346305 - 07/02/12 06:36 AM Re: For Sale: Tyros 4. [Re: donpatt]
Dnj Offline

Personally I never iuse factory Ots on any kb to cheesy for my liking especially Yamaha although I enjoy thier guitar setups but that's it.

#346306 - 07/02/12 06:52 AM Re: For Sale: Tyros 4. [Re: donpatt]
donpatt Offline

I don't know what "cheesy" means. But, how would you know whether I selected a guitar sound from an OTS or directly from the voice family? Or, any instrument for that matter.

To each his own
Don P

Edited by donpatt (07/02/12 06:54 AM)

#346307 - 07/02/12 06:59 AM Re: For Sale: Tyros 4. [Re: donpatt]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: donpatt

Actually, I've been using my BK-7 more and more. I finally read the manual, ha ha, and have learned how to use it. The BK-7 styles suit me better, although I'll miss the SA voices and vocalizer. Won't miss the weight! For what I do, the T4 is overkill.

I spent some quality time on both the BK-7M and the BK-5 (keyboard) on my last road trip, and I must say the former impressed me both in terms of styles and sounds...in fact, I think it sounds quite a bit more detailed than Roland's flagship G-70, and certainly a far better overall sonic package than the small entry level Korg like the MicroArranger and/or the PA-500.

I can see how the Tyros4 can be overkill for some...I probably would have been content with a PSR-S910, but I got a terrific deal on the Tyros4, and now, I'm glad I did get it after all. The on-board 250 Gig HD has proved very useful, and, since I play instrumentals, the additional SA and SA2 voices are really rich and expressive. The only thing I miss is having on-board speakers.

For accordion, a module is terrific...a buddy of mine still uses a Roland RA-90 for gigging with his "squeeze" and the BK-7M is a bit reminiscent of that overall sound, but, as I said earlier, with more detail and clarity.

Ian

#346308 - 07/02/12 07:51 AM Re: For Sale: Tyros 4. [Re: donpatt]
leezone Offline

does the T4 have great sounds? yes, no question
is this a great video? yes

would i trade the T4 for my A4? NEVER

as a whole package and a 1 man band with a real LIVE sound,
the AUDYA still blows it the T4 away.
but of course this is MY opinion based on MY needs smile

hi Tony

#346417 - 07/04/12 10:23 PM Re: For Sale: Tyros 4. [Re: Giovanni]
rikkisbears Offline

Wow Giovanni,
your Technics is still working, that's amazing. Would have to be something like 20 years old?? Sort of wish I'd kept mine.

A lot of the old Technics styles are available for Roland. If they'd work with the BK7m, don't know, but I imagine they should. I think Technote ended up doing them for the G70. I really did love some of those old Technics styles.

May check into them myself one day when Dan eventually gets VArranger software playing Roland styles ( currently it's capable of playing Ketron & Yamaha formats)

Originally Posted By: Giovanni

I'm still gigging with my Technics smac1200 module linked to my midi accordion and using a Musictech radio transmitter and Receiver . (of course the musictech system will hook up to any midi module/keyboard and does away with the "umbilical cord " from the accordion to the module /keyboard .
allowing me to walk around and play all the great accomps from the module .

I have a ton of software for the technics , Which i really like and that makes it even harder to change brands ,

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online