SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#346307 - 07/02/12 06:59 AM Re: For Sale: Tyros 4. [Re: donpatt]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: donpatt

Actually, I've been using my BK-7 more and more. I finally read the manual, ha ha, and have learned how to use it. The BK-7 styles suit me better, although I'll miss the SA voices and vocalizer. Won't miss the weight! For what I do, the T4 is overkill.

I spent some quality time on both the BK-7M and the BK-5 (keyboard) on my last road trip, and I must say the former impressed me both in terms of styles and sounds...in fact, I think it sounds quite a bit more detailed than Roland's flagship G-70, and certainly a far better overall sonic package than the small entry level Korg like the MicroArranger and/or the PA-500.

I can see how the Tyros4 can be overkill for some...I probably would have been content with a PSR-S910, but I got a terrific deal on the Tyros4, and now, I'm glad I did get it after all. The on-board 250 Gig HD has proved very useful, and, since I play instrumentals, the additional SA and SA2 voices are really rich and expressive. The only thing I miss is having on-board speakers.

For accordion, a module is terrific...a buddy of mine still uses a Roland RA-90 for gigging with his "squeeze" and the BK-7M is a bit reminiscent of that overall sound, but, as I said earlier, with more detail and clarity.

Ian

#346308 - 07/02/12 07:51 AM Re: For Sale: Tyros 4. [Re: donpatt]
leezone Offline

does the T4 have great sounds? yes, no question
is this a great video? yes

would i trade the T4 for my A4? NEVER

as a whole package and a 1 man band with a real LIVE sound,
the AUDYA still blows it the T4 away.
but of course this is MY opinion based on MY needs smile

hi Tony

#346417 - 07/04/12 10:23 PM Re: For Sale: Tyros 4. [Re: Giovanni]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Wow Giovanni,
your Technics is still working, that's amazing. Would have to be something like 20 years old?? Sort of wish I'd kept mine.

A lot of the old Technics styles are available for Roland. If they'd work with the BK7m, don't know, but I imagine they should. I think Technote ended up doing them for the G70. I really did love some of those old Technics styles.

May check into them myself one day when Dan eventually gets VArranger software playing Roland styles ( currently it's capable of playing Ketron & Yamaha formats)

Originally Posted By: Giovanni

I'm still gigging with my Technics smac1200 module linked to my midi accordion and using a Musictech radio transmitter and Receiver . (of course the musictech system will hook up to any midi module/keyboard and does away with the "umbilical cord " from the accordion to the module /keyboard .
allowing me to walk around and play all the great accomps from the module .

I have a ton of software for the technics , Which i really like and that makes it even harder to change brands ,

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online