SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#346024 - 06/24/12 10:05 AM linking a tyros 4 to a CASIO PX-410
roger brandon bradbury Offline

Loc: Willersey, Broadway
Hi ! Has anyone used a PX 410 to another keyboard. I am interessted to buy the Casio but I understand it has no midi in/out. Thank you all. Roger

#346036 - 06/24/12 02:12 PM Re: linking a tyros 4 to a CASIO PX-410 [Re: roger brandon bradbury]
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
Hi Roger,

When I first started playing keyboards, I wanted to link the KN650 to the Yamaha 500 keyboard in order to use some of the pianos, strings and the rock-n-roll styles. In those days Midi was very new (and expensive) and not much was known about it so, to help me, my Dealer recorded the sounds and rhythms I wanted from the Yamaha and saved all to a floppy disk. This was placed in the floppy drive of the KN650 (Master keyboard. Whenever I wanted to use the Yamaha sounds etc. all I did was turn down the volume to '0' on the KN650 and vice versa. Of course if I was using both keyboard sounds, the two volumes had to be adjusted to reflect whichever keyboard was to be the 'Master' for that particular tune. I have to say it worked very well for me and I used both keyboards this way for a very long time.

I know you can use a USB stick with the Tyros 4 but I don't know if the Casio uses it. If not, you can get an inexpensive portable Floppy Disk Drive which has a USB plug on it. I regularly use it with the Tyros 1 at our Club and it works well.

Hope this helps in some way.

Audrey

#346136 - 06/26/12 01:39 PM Re: linking a tyros 4 to a CASIO PX-410 [Re: Audrey Turner]
roger brandon bradbury Offline

Loc: Willersey, Broadway
Audrey, Thank you for your message. It brings back our old kn7000 chats.Best wishes. Roger

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online