SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#345788 - 06/18/12 12:02 PM Any news on the YAMAHA PSR S910 replacement????
rolandfan Offline

Loc: South Africa
Its going for 3 years now. Is this the end of the psr s910 ? Or will they carry on with the same keyboard for another 3 years ? So many times people thought the replacement was coming out but it never did.....

#345802 - 06/18/12 02:24 PM Re: Any news on the YAMAHA PSR S910 replacement???? [Re: rolandfan]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
If it follows the usual Yamaha timeline it should be out this Autumn.

#345805 - 06/18/12 04:08 PM Re: Any news on the YAMAHA PSR S910 replacement???? [Re: abacus]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: abacus

It's timeline is beyond anything in the past...I'd be surprised to see another KB in the S series.....before something totally new is introduced if at all in this economy.
What goes up must come down. wink

#345807 - 06/18/12 04:47 PM Re: Any news on the YAMAHA PSR S910 replacement???? [Re: Dnj]
Beakybird Offline

Originally Posted By: Dnj
Originally Posted By: abacus

It's timeline is beyond anything in the past...I'd be surprised to see another KB in the S series.....before something totally new is introduced if at all in this economy.
What goes up must come down. wink

George Kaye reported several months ago that he did hear from Yamaha about a replacement, and (please correct me if I'm wrong) that it was going to sound fantastic and be out some time during the summer.

I recall that after the PSR-2000 came out, the PSR-2100 came out the next year, but it was almost identical with less than 20 new styles and less than 20 new voices. Then it took two years for the PSR-3000 to come. So that was essentially a three year gap.

#345813 - 06/18/12 10:21 PM Re: Any news on the YAMAHA PSR S910 replacement???? [Re: rolandfan]
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
Yes, Yamaha will have a replacement out by the end of this year. I was told that it wouldn't be shown at the July NAMM show this summer but is still on track for October, November release. And yes, I was told it would be an amazing keyboard for the dollar spent.
(Retired 2021)

#345821 - 06/19/12 02:03 AM Re: Any news on the YAMAHA PSR S910 replacement???? [Re: George Kaye]
Jez Offline

Loc: India
Oh no... not another 5 months of waiting. Hope something really groundbreaking follows... especially when you see rapid technology advancements in speed and memory elsewhere. Why not in these hardware arrangers ?

All in all, I expect most of the T3 engine to be present inside the next MOTL.. with some vocal stuff and expansion capabilities as well.

Till then... Keep Waiting frown

Auron Music

#345843 - 06/19/12 11:52 AM Re: Any news on the YAMAHA PSR S910 replacement???? [Re: George Kaye]
Beakybird Offline

Originally Posted By: George Kaye
Yes, Yamaha will have a replacement out by the end of this year. I was told that it wouldn't be shown at the July NAMM show this summer but is still on track for October, November release. And yes, I was told it would be an amazing keyboard for the dollar spent.

Thanks George for the info!

I also am sad that it will be such a long wait. I have to bring one of my S910's in because the "EXIT" button is becoming unresponsive. I've been playing it every day for 3 years, and it's held up pretty well.

#345955 - 06/22/12 01:27 AM Re: Any news on the YAMAHA PSR S910 replacement???? [Re: rolandfan]
J Strickland Offline

Loc: USA
Yamaha would be making a huge mistake not bringing/presenting the new arranger during Summer NAMM 2012. I live in the southeastern U.S. The music stores here seem to be becoming more "guitar focused". I don't exactly understand the trend...especially considering we pianist/keyboardists "make the band"!!! If you have a little music theory and the right arranger keyboard, you don't even need the band... LOL

Back to my point, I want to salivate for months over the specs of the new Yamaha arrangers...and I want details. Yamaha needs to get music retailers excited about this keyboard too. I can't remember the last time I saw a new Tyros in a music store. Music retailers should be catering to us too!!!

Arranger keyboards can be hip and cool, all without costing $5000. A few new styles and new sounds wouldn't hurt either...

#346029 - 06/24/12 12:21 PM Re: Any news on the YAMAHA PSR S910 replacement???? [Re: rolandfan]
rolandfan Offline

Loc: South Africa
I think,expansion capability, VH2, sart2 sounds, new vocal sounds,
New styles and more sounds is probably what we will
Get. Anything else is a bonus. I hope they retain
The indian drum kits and sounds.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online