SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#345685 - 06/14/12 03:11 PM Desired: "Wild Thing" Style for Yamaha
Beakybird Offline

Does anyone have a style suitable for "Wild Thing" by the Troggs?

Section A of 60's Novelty Pop (a Yamaha Premium Style) works well for the chorus, but I can't find any style right for the verses.

This was a #1 song in 1965 and ranked #257 in the top 500 all time songs in Rolling Stone Magazine. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wild_Thing_(Chip_Taylor_song)

Thanks in advance!

#345688 - 06/14/12 11:30 PM Re: Desired: "Wild Thing" Style for Yamaha [Re: Beakybird]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Back in 1983 I played in a band in Australia that opened for The Troggs who had reunited and were touring again. Of course they played Wild Thing at that gig.

After we came off stage and they started performing I noticed no-one was operating the lighting board. I asked the lead roadie if I could do lights for their set ... and I did.

#345709 - 06/15/12 02:54 PM Re: Desired: "Wild Thing" Style for Yamaha [Re: Nigel]
Beakybird Offline

Originally Posted By: Nigel
Back in 1983 I played in a band in Australia that opened for The Troggs who had reunited and were touring again. Of course they played Wild Thing at that gig.

After we came off stage and they started performing I noticed no-one was operating the lighting board. I asked the lead roadie if I could do lights for their set ... and I did.

Hey Nigel!

Essentially, you brought the audience out of the darkness and into the light!

Thanks for your small role in rock 'n roll history.

Oh well, I guess I can always do a country two-step or maybe a bossa nova version of Wild Thing.

#345718 - 06/15/12 10:34 PM Re: Desired: "Wild Thing" Style for Yamaha [Re: Beakybird]
Tony Hughes Offline

Originally Posted By: Beakybird
Does anyone have a style suitable for "Wild Thing" by the Troggs?

Section A of 60's Novelty Pop (a Yamaha Premium Style) works well for the chorus, but I can't find any style right for the verses.

This was a #1 song in 1965 and ranked #257 in the top 500 all time songs in Rolling Stone Magazine. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wild_Thing_(Chip_Taylor_song)

Thanks in advance!

Beaky,

Even if you find it, it will be hell to play, it stops and starts, speech in it, never did like it, did it make the top ten, perhaps it did, don't know why, its not for the old folks, start head banging to that, early graves, you will have no rotf2 one to play to.

You take it easy Beaky

#345721 - 06/16/12 12:49 AM Re: Desired: "Wild Thing" Style for Yamaha [Re: Tony Hughes]
Nigel Offline
Admin

It's cool Beaky. Don't listen to Tony. He's not your audience. He will have already taken his meds and gone to bed long before you play it bounce

#345722 - 06/16/12 01:26 AM Re: Desired: "Wild Thing" Style for Yamaha [Re: Nigel]
Tony Hughes Offline

Nigel,

Maybe your right about me, zzzzzzzzzzzzzz, but that is one hell one a piece to play for anyone, we must get Beaky to video it when he does it, hell that will be some video and if Beaky pull it off he's top of the pops for me Nigel. Beaky I would stick to MY WAY by Frankie???? woot BTW Beaky no one could ever write a style for that at least not for the Yami you got.

sofa

Tony

#345724 - 06/16/12 01:40 AM Re: Desired: "Wild Thing" Style for Yamaha [Re: Tony Hughes]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Originally Posted By: Tony Hughes
Nigel,
we must get Beaky to video it when he does it, hell that will be some video and if Beaky pull it off he's top of the pops for me Nigel. Tony

Especially the bit where he smashes his keyboard into his amp like Jimi does with his guitar wink

#345725 - 06/16/12 01:57 AM Re: Desired: "Wild Thing" Style for Yamaha [Re: Nigel]
Tony Hughes Offline

The Old people will do that for him Nigel, have no fear, I know old folks don't like BOOOM BOOOM BOOOM music, well I don't
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#345737 - 06/16/12 07:41 AM Re: Desired: "Wild Thing" Style for Yamaha [Re: Beakybird]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I'm old and I still like Wild Things. smile
There is a Ketron style for My Way that is perfect. But I prefer to do it my way. It just cries for a Pedal Steel and some Fiddles.
DonM

#345741 - 06/16/12 11:08 AM Re: Desired: "Wild Thing" Style for Yamaha [Re: Beakybird]
Beakybird Offline

That Yamaha style, 60's Novelty Pop is perfect for the speaking part with the pauses. I just need a style to cover the main verse.

I guess I can do a polka version, isn't that what Weird Al would do?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online