SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#345381 - 06/05/12 02:45 PM PA3X owners !!!!! PA-AS time !!!!
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
OK, I have taken the leap into the PA-AS (no not the Easter Egg coloring system!) with my 3x, and the result is amazing! I don't know how I lasted this long without having the speakers in my face. I have been so spoiled for the last 25 years with good quality on board monitors, but the latest wave of kbs have omitted them or put in junky speakers that can't handle my vocals or a good, solid bass ... well, NO MORE! The PAAS sounds fantastic. I'm not crazy about how it sticks out and changes my built in mic boom setup, but that's a small issue now that I have my "in face" monitors back.
It's light, good looking and handles the Korg sound bank with a little "extra" finesse ... now I know what the programmers heard as they were designing this thing.

My new setup has slimmed down one more step and now includes:
** PA3x with PA-as (sits on x stand)
** iPad sits on music rack and plays through the PA-as too
** Internal effects, harmony etc all come from the korg - no more need for outboard mixer for club dates.
(Weddings and banquets will require more fussing)
** Bose Compact placed for the houses comfort Zone ... might not even need it extended for my small dinner rooms. The extra bass on the floor will add just enough punch to round out the sound bar.

I'm happy. Especially since I ALMOST dropped $1500 on a Bose home sound bar with wireless sub ... sounded Soooo sweet, but for $500 - this product has made me a happy camper.

My summer schedule includes three rooms each week that do not require much volume, so I expect to only need the sound bar. I'm carrying it in a small keyboard bag along with the mic boom I now HAVE to set up. (sheesh)
2 lightweight bags in one hand .... one lightweight kb stand in the other - ONE TRIP in and out with fantastic sound. For the extra power of the Bose - one more quick trip to the car to get the sub.

Summertime .... I'm ready!!!!!

#345384 - 06/05/12 03:17 PM Re: PA3X owners !!!!! PA-AS time !!!! [Re: Uncle Dave]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Why the i-pad....Just because you have it?...Just use the player on the Korg...

#345385 - 06/05/12 03:55 PM Re: PA3X owners !!!!! PA-AS time !!!! [Re: Uncle Dave]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Uncle Dave,
thanks for your comments.
I haven't bought one as yet, they didn't have one when I bought my PA3X, so I I've been a bit hesitant about buying without have a chance to listen to it properly. Not sure if they stock them locally. Had 5 minutes to listen to it when we were down in Melbourne.
You certainly seem impressed.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#345386 - 06/05/12 04:46 PM Re: PA3X owners !!!!! PA-AS time !!!! [Re: Uncle Dave]
Uncle Dave Offline

Rikki, I AM impressed ... It's just what I've been missing.
Fran,
I really don't need the iPad unless I want more DJ options ... I won't need it all summer - plus, the input volume is not real loud when a mic is connected at the same time, so you have to pick what you need to amplify - voice or external tracks.
For DJ type jobs, I'll have a mixer anyway. This is just a very convenient setup for easy in and out deals. I have arranger, trax, manual bass, vocals with harmony, smf, CDG, MP3 ... it's going to be a fun summer.

#345387 - 06/05/12 04:53 PM Re: PA3X owners !!!!! PA-AS time !!!! [Re: Uncle Dave]
Uncle Dave Offline

I DO have one fear about this sound bar - the ignorant, careless, drinking public who think that my keyboard is a "resting station" or leaning post. Many times I need to ask people to not lean on the gear, and it will be more important now because this one hangs off the end quite a bit. It's solid and attractive, but I'm already thinking of designing a holder for the bottom of this thing. I'll rest easier when I am away from the keyboard. All things considered though ... Glad this ones in Philadelphia!
(see what I DID there? lol)

#345394 - 06/05/12 06:52 PM Re: PA3X owners !!!!! PA-AS time !!!! [Re: Uncle Dave]
124 Offline

Nice going with the gear, UD. Now don't cheese out on protecting your PA-AS against the drunks. I mean, how much can a yard of razor wire cost? :-)

#345395 - 06/05/12 06:54 PM Re: PA3X owners !!!!! PA-AS time !!!! [Re: Uncle Dave]
Uncle Dave Offline

I always amazes me how people seem to think that MY STAGE is their area. No, no, no ....
smile

#345396 - 06/05/12 07:05 PM Re: PA3X owners !!!!! PA-AS time !!!! [Re: Uncle Dave]
Dnj Offline

good luck with it Dave....Im sure you'll get good use out of it.

#345397 - 06/05/12 07:16 PM Re: PA3X owners !!!!! PA-AS time !!!! [Re: Uncle Dave]
Uncle Dave Offline

Thanx Donny, this will make 95% of my jobs easier, and only complicate the other 5% a little. I lost the option of my stand mounted mixer and mic stand, but I gained a monitor/small house system and lightened up the stand in the process. I believe it will be good for me almost all the time, and the rest ... I'll adapt or improvise!
wink

#345409 - 06/06/12 07:35 AM Re: PA3X owners !!!!! PA-AS time !!!! [Re: Uncle Dave]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Uncle Dave
Thanx Donny, this will make 95% of my jobs easier, and only complicate the other 5% a little. I lost the option of my stand mounted mixer and mic stand, but I gained a monitor/small house system and lightened up the stand in the process. I believe it will be good for me almost all the time, and the rest ... I'll adapt or improvise!
wink

Take pictures of the new setup I'd love to see them...

#345416 - 06/06/12 08:18 AM Re: PA3X owners !!!!! PA-AS time !!!! [Re: Uncle Dave]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Ditto! I too would like to see some photos. I'm gettin' too damned old to drive to Philie and back home in a single day, though I would like to meet up with the Three Amigos again and tilt a few brewskis. wink

Cheers,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#345429 - 06/06/12 11:51 AM Re: PA3X owners !!!!! PA-AS time !!!! [Re: travlin'easy]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Both Donny and Gary beat me to it on the request for some pics ... sure would be nice to see this rig ...

#345467 - 06/06/12 06:02 PM Re: PA3X owners !!!!! PA-AS time !!!! [Re: Uncle Dave]
Uncle Dave Offline

Ok, ok pics comin shortly!
(See new post)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online