Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#34518 - 02/08/10 01:10 AM Re: USB setup for Audya
Dusan Offline

Loc: Slovenija
I used Windows XP service pack 3.

#34519 - 02/08/10 03:29 AM Re: USB setup for Audya
Tonewheeldude Offline

ok, just tried it on my computer. took about 20 seconds and it worked straight away.

first i set the audya up:
Menu -> Midi -> Utility -> USB Midi: [ON]

plug the audya (rear usb) into my laptop

windows found the audya straight away.

I checked in windows control panel and the Audya had automatically been selected as the midi device.

Loaded sequencer on the computer, works perfectly.

Maybe you either have a problem with your USB cable or your computer has a USB issue?

here is what i see on my computers device manager:

[IMG=http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/6494/deviceh.jpg][/IMG]

#34520 - 02/08/10 04:43 AM Re: USB setup for Audya
Dusan Offline

Thank you for your suport.I see in windows control panel the same like you are,but in
Audio window cant see that USB to chek Midi device.It simply dosent exsist.Its wery strange and I cant solve that problem.
I supose my USB port in comp is Ok cos I can send my files to Audya with no problem.

#34521 - 02/08/10 05:32 AM Re: USB setup for Audya
Dusan Offline

And anather thing:
I am plag my Audya to Laptop with Vista OS and the same thing is hapened.
In Device maneger can see Audya properly,but in Sound window cant see kayboard to shouce like Midi device.
Something in Audya dont work properly and Ketron people dont wont to respond on my question by Mail.
I thing they know whay....

#34522 - 02/08/10 07:08 AM Re: USB setup for Audya
Tonewheeldude Offline

Why are you so quick to complain about Ketron?

If you see the same devices in control panel as I do then the problem is not with the Audya and Ketron cannot help you. Seems to me your problem is with the software you are using and it should be the producers of SONAR that are on the recieving end of your frustrations.

Just out of interest, in "Sounds and Devices", is the USB device set as your default Midi device? If so, try loading a midi file into Windows Media Player. If that plays ok, then you know for sure SONAR is your problem.

If not, uninstall the device driver in control panel and search new hardware then try again.

TWD

#34523 - 02/08/10 09:16 AM Re: USB setup for Audya
Dusan Offline

Sorry TWD,but only trouble is in bouth Computers cos in "Sound and devices"window that USB device is not present,and so I cant select them.Simply cant belive the same problem is in two diferent Computers.So allso Windows media player cant play some Midi file.
I am not totaly analfabet abaut computers(cos dont know everything)but I haw no problems befor with my older kayboard like Tyros and Pa2x pro and know haw to handle with drivers and setings.
I dont complaine Ketron,I complaine ignorance of Ketron people to help users of Audya.

#34524 - 02/08/10 10:53 AM Re: USB setup for Audya
Dusan Offline

And anather thig:
TWD,what do you mean about that, cos my Audya dont want to recognize USB kay in any Audya USB port?
Hm.....

#34525 - 02/08/10 11:50 AM Re: USB setup for Audya
Tonewheeldude Offline

did you uninstall the driver yet?

if not do it in this order:
don't forget to set the audya up before plugging in the USB cable:
1) Menu -> Midi -> Utility -> USB Midi: [ON]
2)plug the audya (rear usb) into your laptop
3)go to device manager on your computer
4)right click on USB Audio Device in the 'sound, video etc' section and 'uninstall'
5)when thats done right click on the top of the tree (should be the name of your computer) select 'scan for new hardware'
6)Once the Audya has been found look in "Sounds and Audio Devices" in control panel again and see if its there under "MIDI MUSIC PLAYBACK"

TWD

#34526 - 02/12/10 11:54 PM Re: USB setup for Audya
Dusan Offline

Thank you TWD for your suport.I am doing right what you sugest me and I haw no lack.So I reload OS3.0A to my Audya and you cant belive:my PC recognize Audya like must be.I can play Midi files thru Sonar sequencer but only can start Midi file.After two or thre measure on Audya allso start aranger...
Is heare some extra set up to play only files from sequencer on Audya?

Regards

#34527 - 02/13/10 01:27 AM Re: USB setup for Audya
Nedim Offline

Loc: Staten Island, NYC
Quote:
Originally posted by Dusan:
I really buy a gun,but not for myself used...

Didnt you alreay pay 4000EU for the Audya? Now few hundreds more for a Gun?
Maybe Ketron can provide one for you fore free...jebesh ih...

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online