Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#344409 - 05/04/12 02:51 AM Re: >>> New OS for AUDYA <<< [Re: Robbo]
Sokratis 1974 Offline

Loc: Hellas, Creta, Iraklion
So....
LEEZONE
With this new OS, fixed some bugs, and gives some new functions....

CAKEMOG
I try today the SPDIF OUT of Audya to test if remain the noice like my old sound card....

The steps

I connect a RCA cable from digital OUT of Audya to digital IN of my card < M-AUDIO 1814> and I have External Syncronisation Mode from my card <M-AUDIO> for syncronisation with signal of Audya in 48khz....
First I record a empty signal of Audya in Cubase 6 to locate if exist any noice like my old card.
When I recorded the signal I make NORMALISE 0db and when I saw the signal in Cubase audio editor, and I heard it did not exist trace of noise....
The signal now is very very clean!!!!...
I made a demo also to listen the digital signal of Audya!!
Exelent!!!!

http://www.divshare.com/download/17560379-522

Edited by Sokratis 1974 (05/04/12 03:05 AM)

#344411 - 05/04/12 03:49 AM Re: >>> New OS for AUDYA <<< [Re: leezone]
cakemog Offline

THANK YOU so much Sokratis for testing this out, beautiful clean audio from your Audya (nice key changes too) - I will try similar settings in Sonar 8.5 this weekend and see how it sounds. Is that a new Ballad Style you're playing - I don't recognize it??
Will let you know how I get on. Carl

#344412 - 05/04/12 04:54 AM Re: >>> New OS for AUDYA <<< [Re: cakemog]
Sokratis 1974 Offline

Originally Posted By: cakemog
THANK YOU so much Sokratis for testing this out, beautiful clean audio from your Audya (nice key changes too) - I will try similar settings in Sonar 8.5 this weekend and see how it sounds. Is that a new Ballad Style you're playing - I don't recognize it??
Will let you know how I get on. Carl

Ok Carl.... The Ballad style is a my new Style with Audio Drums of last Upgrade_2011...

#344413 - 05/04/12 06:39 AM Re: >>> New OS for AUDYA <<< [Re: Sokratis 1974]
Robbo Offline

Loc: Ballarat, Victoria, Australia
Originally Posted By: Sokratis 1974
So....
LEEZONE
With this new OS, fixed some bugs, and gives some new functions....

CAKEMOG
I try today the SPDIF OUT of Audya to test if remain the noice like my old sound card....

The steps

I connect a RCA cable from digital OUT of Audya to digital IN of my card < M-AUDIO 1814> and I have External Syncronisation Mode from my card <M-AUDIO> for syncronisation with signal of Audya in 48khz....
First I record a empty signal of Audya in Cubase 6 to locate if exist any noice like my old card.
When I recorded the signal I make NORMALISE 0db and when I saw the signal in Cubase audio editor, and I heard it did not exist trace of noise....
The signal now is very very clean!!!!...
I made a demo also to listen the digital signal of Audya!!
Exelent!!!!

http://www.divshare.com/download/17560379-522

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Sokratis, this was my post previously as follows, coul you please respond with an answer, thanks

Originally Posted By: Sokratis 1974
Sokratis - thanks for that, looking forward to an OS update for Audya soon. REALLY hope that it might include an improved audio output signal - trying to record with the Audya it's hard to get a solid signal into my DAW. Using plugins to increase the signal increases noise. I can't use the S/PDIF output as that causes a BIG cyclic noise on my input channels in Sonar 8.5 - my T4 has a wonderful big audio output signal and records really well, why the difference I wonder??? Carl

My friend I think that your problem is from Sound Card and no from OS.... I had also a same problem with my SPDIF but I have replace my Sound Card.... However I don't have to try again Digital Record (48khz) after replace of card....
I will try....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Sokratis, I assume you replaced the sound card inside the Audya to correct the problem, and probably to the new one with the extra ram. I would be interested in knowing the part number, so I could organize the upgrade.

Thanks

Robbo

#344423 - 05/04/12 09:39 AM Re: >>> New OS for AUDYA <<< [Re: leezone]
cakemog Offline

Robbo - I think you might have misunderstood Sokratis. I believe he changed the soundcard for his music computer, not the soundcard in his Audya!! Carl

#344428 - 05/04/12 11:25 PM Re: >>> New OS for AUDYA <<< [Re: cakemog]
Sokratis 1974 Offline

Robbo and Carl

I replace the sound card of Audya... Not for my PC....
The reason that replaced is because the old card of Audya, suddenly stopped it works, and I had known message ERROR INIT PHASE...
I don't had sound....
I came in contact therefore with Ketron service in Greece, and these they replaced my Audya sound card...

Edited by Sokratis 1974 (05/04/12 11:28 PM)

#344430 - 05/05/12 12:21 AM Re: >>> New OS for AUDYA <<< [Re: leezone]
cakemog Offline

APOLOGIES Robbo - I got it wrong. Carl

#344431 - 05/05/12 12:22 AM Re: >>> New OS for AUDYA <<< [Re: cakemog]
Sokratis 1974 Offline

APOLOGIES Robbo - I got it wrong. Carl

No problem!!!!!.... smile

#344444 - 05/05/12 07:04 PM Re: >>> New OS for AUDYA <<< [Re: Sokratis 1974]
Robbo Offline

Loc: Ballarat, Victoria, Australia
Hi Sokratis,

who do I contact at Ketron for the new soundcard, and do they have a way to pay on line as the dealer here in Australia is hopeless, and quite frankly I think doesn't want anything more to do with Ketron except selling them in the first instance.

Thanks Mate, with instructions I think I'm ok with upgrade myself, and anyway it's out of warranty now

#344474 - 05/07/12 03:32 AM Re: >>> New OS for AUDYA <<< [Re: leezone]
cakemog Offline

Hi again Sokratis - nothing I do makes any difference to the bad noise which is on top of my Audya S/PDIF signal.
Please can I just be clear with you about how your's got solved:

1. Did the noise disappear when you changed your Audya soundcard??

2. Did the noise disappear when you changed your PC soundcard??

I've been trying hard for a year now to solve this annoying problem - big thanks for your help!!! Carl

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online