SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#344949 - 05/19/12 06:57 PM Re: OT -- Expensive dental problem (VERY off-topic) [Re: SemiLiveMusic]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Bill,

Sounds like the guy is a con artist who's out to make some big bucks off of you. Get a second and third opinion and don't tell the new guys that you already saw someone else. I've done that a few times and you would be amazed at the difference in opinions--especially if you tell them that you don't have much of an income, no insurance and you would have to make small, monthly payments. That crown will likely become a filling that will last another 20 years, and those extractions, well, they really sound suspect to me.

Give me a call when you have time,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#344950 - 05/19/12 07:19 PM Re: OT -- Expensive dental problem (VERY off-topic) [Re: 124]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By: 124
LOL! Tony. My daughter's an Obstetrician/Gynecologist. I don't think there's a lot she can do for me. :-)

I would hope NOT !!! rolleyes

#344953 - 05/19/12 11:26 PM Re: OT -- Expensive dental problem (VERY off-topic) [Re: SemiLiveMusic]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi,
wow that's a lot of money.
I actually broke one of my front teeth about 10 years ago on a piece of walnut shell.
$5K to get an implant, but I'm ever so glad my husband insisted I get it done rather than the cheaper option of a bridge or partial denture.

Over here they seem to be advertising getting a beautiful smile, overnight. Definately involves an implant plus I imagine dentures. I'm guessing that the implants hold the dentures permanently in place ( or something)

I'd be checking the various options out thoroughly before spending $23K.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#344955 - 05/20/12 01:26 AM Re: OT -- Expensive dental problem (VERY off-topic) [Re: 124]
Tony Hughes Offline

I went to the dentist last week to have two wisdom teeth fitted rotf2 I am still posting on SZ they didn't work, going for my money back next week..heeeeeeeeee
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#344959 - 05/20/12 05:43 AM Re: OT -- Expensive dental problem (VERY off-topic) [Re: SemiLiveMusic]
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
Bill,

Take a little trip to Mexico. You'll have a little vacation and save a ton of money.

Tom

Tom

#344960 - 05/20/12 08:16 AM Re: OT -- Expensive dental problem (VERY off-topic) [Re: SemiLiveMusic]
etwo4788 Offline

Loc: S.E. New Mexico USA
There are great medical people south of the U.S. border with
Mexico..... You can stay in El Paso, TX and take the transportation into Mexico for dental/doctor appointments. Passport is necessary....

If you are in an RV there are places to park and probably many in the area who will refer you to good dentists, who may speak American!

Tom is correct, a TON of money can be saved....

#344962 - 05/20/12 10:14 AM Re: OT -- Expensive dental problem (VERY off-topic) [Re: SemiLiveMusic]
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
I have had other people mention Mexico, as well. I know one thing, I doubt I would ever again go to the interior of Mexico, too dangerous. A border town, maybe. Then there is the issue of finding a recommended dentist. I am sure you could save a bunch with as much work as I am talking about.

#344963 - 05/20/12 10:41 AM Re: OT -- Expensive dental problem (VERY off-topic) [Re: SemiLiveMusic]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
The boarder towns are the worst. Stay out of Ciudad Juarez (boarder with El Paso) Take a plain to Mexico City. The violence is among the drug cartels. Just use common sense and you'll be fine in most of Mexico.

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#344964 - 05/20/12 11:05 AM Re: OT -- Expensive dental problem (VERY off-topic) [Re: SemiLiveMusic]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Not only that, but it will take many visits to accomplish all of this if you are not going the denture route.

#344966 - 05/20/12 02:58 PM Re: OT -- Expensive dental problem (VERY off-topic) [Re: montunoman]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Guys,
gosh , you guys are scaring me. My son's travelling thru Mexico at the moment , sure hope he knows what he's doing.
Hearing about all those dumped bodies was horrid.
He tends to pick some pretty wayout places when he goes overseas.
Be glad when he rings & tells us he's back travelling thru the USA.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online