SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#344694 - 05/12/12 03:35 AM Problem with Music Finder software/what do you use
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
I have been using Music Finder View by Michael Bedesem for years. There have been some issues along the way but in general a great program.

When I converted my T2 data to T4 is when major things started happening. It is happening again.

I have around 1750 songs saved and after initially fixing the problem of wrong styles with the songs, both onboard and user styles, I thought I'd try it again, as I found if I examined the records on MFV that there were any wrong styles with the songs or if the style was actually blank then I would just close the program, reopen, pick Tyros 4 and User styles. Then it would generally look ok and I'd continue.

Now since the original problem I've done all work on the keyboard. But I just discovered it's doing it again.

Just to clarify the problem a little more. I saved my correct file from the T4. I started adding and editing things. If the wrong styles would show up in MFV or if no style at all was listed, I'd close and reopen MFV. Anyway, I thought I had it solved, example, I saved You'll Never Find as a BolerLento ala Michael Buble. It now shows up as a Big Band Jazz style. There are others. I did not check the user styles. I just closed the program and double checked that my original is ok and it is rocker

I've posted on psrtutorial and I'm sure Michael will have some ideas and check this out.

But in the meantime, I'm wondering if others have had this or other problems with Music Finder View. Also to see what other software might be available to do this kind of work.

I see Jorgen Sorenson has a program. Not sure of it's track record.

Main thing is, while this is all very convenient when working, I really don't want to get in real deep into something and find out there are issues.

Main thing to remember is always save your original file, which I always do.

The other issue I've had through the years was user styles getting scrambled up. So, I am considering, and had already begun the rather large task of naming all styles that are not onboard with the song title, speed, which intro and variation I use etc in case something should turn up again.

Any input or ideas welcome.

Scott

Edited by Scott Langholff (05/12/12 03:41 AM)

#344762 - 05/14/12 10:12 PM Re: Problem with Music Finder software/what do you use [Re: Scott Langholff]
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Wow, I would have thought somebody on SZ would have some input on this. eek2

Anyway, for everybody's benefit here, here is Michael Bedesems response from psrtutorial concerning his software Music Finder View:

"Scott:

I am sorry that you are having problems still.

I do not know what the problem is. But MusicFinderView has evolved so much from its original functionality, and has become so complex with special features, that I am not surprised.

Based upon past experiences, it is not practical for me to continue to modify and patch it anymore, and it is high on the list for a rewrite. The reason I have not done it (besides working on new programs such as OpenText, PadMaker/PadMader-Midi and MixMaster) is that I suspect Yamaha may soon change the entire MusicFinder/Registration structure. I am waiting to see what they come up with.

Jorgen has a MF file manager that is available here: http://www.jososoft.dk/yamaha/software/mffm/index.htm It also has some unique features that are not available in MFV.

Regards,

Michael"

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online