Topic Options
#344858 - 05/17/12 02:53 AM Re: KN7000 Problems [Re: Audrey Turner]
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Will Do Audrey smile

#344861 - 05/17/12 05:04 AM Re: KN7000 Problems [Re: Audrey Turner]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
I to share the love of the Kn7000, I owned three of them over the years. The point of my post is how easy it is to work with the Kn7000; and how difficult it is to work with the other keyboards. I questioned why would that be; why the difference.

Since like many here I have owned Technics keyboards since the Kn1000 and have gone through a Technics learning period for about 14 years, I to found the Kn7000 very friendly. The question I was left with is if I spent the same time with another make keyboard would I be saying Technics is not as easy. 14 years of using and growing with the Technics system allowed me to do so much so quickly, so easily; as the saying goes – it was a piece of cake.

Change is not easy and working with my Korg Pa800 was a bit of a nightmare. It was not any better with Yamaha. But since I made a commitment to the Pa800 and have given it all my attention June of 2011; and not having a Kn7000 any longer I find the keyboard is becoming very friendly and intuitive; the keyboard seems to anticipate my next step.

The options that are offered allow me to do things I could not have done before. I am starting to make changes on the fly; no thought.

My thought is to bring clarity to making in keyboards -- not one is better than another. For many a change would be the wrong thing to do it would bring an undesirable challenge. My post is to bring clarity; from my experience, to those who have interest and to those who have tried and given up. I did that with five Yamaha keyboards; sold every one of them and went back to my Kn7000.

Only my opinions, John C.

#344868 - 05/17/12 08:14 AM Re: KN7000 Problems [Re: Bernie9]
etwo4788 Offline

Loc: S.E. New Mexico USA
Bernie....

When I change instruments in any registration, many, most, or all are selected from the Memory of tweaked sounds in Sound Group.... I nearly always change the part 4 sound.

There are so many options available in the 7K that I have yet to
run out of "new" things to work with to make changes and keep my
music "fresh" and "interesting" to everyone....

Many of my Nursing Home "peeps" were pro musicians. They have been very helpful in suggesting instrument combinations to try in the registrations...

One of the things I do is try a variety of rhythms and sounds with many "old favorite" pieces. For most of the religious pieces I use other types of rhythms...Example: "Just A Closer Walk"... to the "Gospel Shuffle"... Always puts a smile on their faces....No slow somber rhythms for those religious pieces!! Latin rhythms are favorites for many popular pieces too.

My recommendation is to try whatever comes to mind as you explore the amazing 7K! Please your own ear and most likely you will also please your audience...Attempting to copy the sounds of the successful recording is just not fun for me... Having fun is what music and life is about for me! keys

Elizabeth

#344869 - 05/17/12 08:32 AM Re: KN7000 Problems [Re: Bernie9]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Hi Elizabeth

From your post I see you do as I. I agree, there are infinite possibilities.

Bernie

#344881 - 05/17/12 04:04 PM Re: KN7000 Problems [Re: Bernie9]
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
I also like to try different rhythms with old songs. It is surprising how it changes the 'flavour' of the song (not always good I might add).

I agree with most of what has been said. I would also add that for me, the instrument has got to 'feel' right. I knew the moment I played the Technics PR900 electric piano that it was for me and I had the same feeling with the Technics keyboards, particularly the KN7000. As I said in a previous post, to this day, I still get much more pleasure playing the KN7 than any other keyboards I play. After all, isn't that the aim - to just sit down and enjoy a few hours 'playing' whatever instrument you have, without having to press umpteen buttons just to get a tune out of it?

Audrey

#344901 - 05/18/12 08:56 AM Re: KN7000 Problems [Re: Audrey Turner]
Giovanni Offline

Loc: Norwich Norfolk England
Hi Folks , I've been following the topic with interest .

The only problem I've had with a Technics , I had to have a new foot controller socket fitted to my Technics smac 1200 module because the socket became worn due to approx 20 years of gigging !!.

I also agree with the comments from everyone .

I've tried most modules /keyboards midied to my accordion and for me Technics Wins everytime !!!!

Regards to you all ........Giovanni

#344920 - 05/19/12 01:42 AM Re: KN7000 Problems [Re: Giovanni]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Hi Giovanni

That certainly is a testament to the durability of a Technics machine.

I was re-exploring my KN7000 with fresh eyes and was amazed at the number of instruments in each category of Sound Eplorer. I have a tendency to use the Sound Group and forget the vast choices I have.

Having a separate organ and accordian section is also a real bonus compared to other boards.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online