SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#344167 - 04/28/12 12:52 PM Re: I just semi retired [Re: Songman55]
zuki Offline

Hey Gary,

Not buying ANYTHING at this point. House has 'broken' us. The hole in the lake will have to wait smile

Question: our lake is a non-wake and little. What dock is recommended? One of the Castrol reps has said 'floating'. Mother-in-law (usually right on) has suggested 'permanent'.

Purchases in order:

1. Dock
2. Trees down
3. Sandy beach
4. Fence for dogs (no, this is #1)
5. Kitchen upgrade
6. New driveway
7. Landscaping
8. etc, etc
9. Boat (hey, someone has left a row boat on our lot - goodie)

As you can see, change is really fun and we are excited. Won't forget my synth pals and will do a few bookings (have to start all over...ugh) in a few months.

later..............

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#344169 - 04/28/12 01:28 PM Re: I just semi retired [Re: Songman55]
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
As for the dock, it depends on how much of a tidal change there is. Usually, up north the tidal changes are more pronounced, at least along the coast. From the looks of things, though, the tidal changes on Lake Michigan are tiny--often less than 2 inches. The floating dock is probably the last expensive way to go, no pilings to drive. And, you can always take it with you when you leave. All the other stuff is honey-do things.

Have fun,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#344172 - 04/28/12 02:42 PM Re: I just semi retired [Re: zuki]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By: zuki
Hey Gary,

Not buying ANYTHING at this point. House has 'broken' us. The hole in the lake will have to wait smile

Question: our lake is a non-wake and little. What dock is recommended? One of the Castrol reps has said 'floating'. Mother-in-law (usually right on) has suggested 'permanent'.

Purchases in order:

1. Dock
2. Trees down
3. Sandy beach
4. Fence for dogs (no, this is #1)
5. Kitchen upgrade
6. New driveway
7. Landscaping
8. etc, etc
9. Boat (hey, someone has left a row boat on our lot - goodie)

As you can see, change is really fun and we are excited. Won't forget my synth pals and will do a few bookings (have to start all over...ugh) in a few months.

later..............

zuki ... with that list you will just be getting done when the project is over ... juggle

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online