SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#344047 - 04/25/12 06:13 AM Sinatra Tribute (My Way)
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#344048 - 04/25/12 06:34 AM Re: Sinatra Tribute (My Way) [Re: travlin'easy]
Telmo Offline

Loc: Brazil - South America
A true legend. Beautiful. Thanks for posting dear Gary.

#344049 - 04/25/12 08:08 AM Re: Sinatra Tribute (My Way) [Re: travlin'easy]
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
WOW!!!!!!!!!!

#344054 - 04/25/12 10:29 AM Re: Sinatra Tribute (My Way) [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

Nice Job.....enjoyed it!

#344057 - 04/25/12 11:39 AM Re: Sinatra Tribute (My Way) [Re: Dnj]
Tony Hughes Offline

Well Gary it don't come much better than that even though it as nothing to do with arrangers.

Cheers
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#344069 - 04/25/12 01:49 PM Re: Sinatra Tribute (My Way) [Re: travlin'easy]

I was thinkin' the same thing, Tony. Apparently, great minds think alike. wink

Cheers,

Gary cool

#344074 - 04/25/12 09:11 PM Re: Sinatra Tribute (My Way) [Re: travlin'easy]
Tony Hughes Offline

Gary,
The performance was brilliant and I found it seriously rather moving with the old movie clips of the Italian immigrants coming to the USA, I wonder if the audience saw that also.
And Gary where would we be without the Italians, no rusting cars, no Godfather, no arrangers, no SZ, no Donny, no Fran, hell no Audya, like a bad dream. sofa

Anyway I go on a bit about items OT but on this occasion I will let this one go, people being uprooted from their homeland must have been difficult, never happened to our race.

Thanks Gary once again, your one of the Goodfellows... rotf2
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#344078 - 04/25/12 11:55 PM Re: Sinatra Tribute (My Way) [Re: Tony Hughes]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Originally Posted By: Tony Hughes
Anyway I go on a bit about items OT but on this occasion I will let this one go, people being uprooted from their homeland must have been difficult, never happened to our race.

Dunno if that is totally accurate. It happened to us Aussies. We were English (or British in the case of the Irish) citizens relocated to Australia by the English government to a penal colony on the other side of the world. It sucks stealing a loaf of bread when you are starving. So I guess it did happen to your race even if you had forgotten that part of your national history. Aint history a bitch rotfl

#344108 - 04/26/12 05:37 PM Re: Sinatra Tribute (My Way) [Re: Nigel]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Obviously, this is a BEAUTIFUL rendition ... but I have to admit my disappointment, when I realized it was NOT GARY who was performing the tribute ...
I also somewhat expected to hear Sinatra's voiced interspersed into the arrangement ...

And I hope the beautiful woman in the audience (1:30) who is seen gasping 6 notes into the song made it through to the end without fainting ... wink

#344145 - 04/27/12 05:08 PM Re: Sinatra Tribute (My Way) [Re: travlin'easy]
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
That is wonderful, just stunning.

#344147 - 04/27/12 06:43 PM Re: Sinatra Tribute (My Way) [Re: travlin'easy]

Tony,

I'll record My Way for you one day in the not too distant future. I ain't no Sinatra, though! wink

Gary cool

#344166 - 04/28/12 12:29 PM Re: Sinatra Tribute (My Way) [Re: Nigel]
Tony Hughes Offline

Originally Posted By: Nigel

Dunno if that is totally accurate. It happened to us Aussies. We were English (or British in the case of the Irish) citizens relocated to Australia by the English government to a penal colony on the other side of the world. It sucks stealing a loaf of bread when you are starving. So I guess it did happen to your race even if you had forgotten that part of your national history. Aint history a bitch rotfl

Nigel,

I think the ones who left our shores went to make a better life and paid £10.00 for the privileged, hey Nigel £10.00 was a lot of money then, be lucky if you or me could live in Australia now, I don't have £250,000 I could bank with them for my NI. Australian Border Patrol would see us off on the next plane.
You can all come and live here, we don't mind...

#344173 - 04/28/12 02:45 PM Re: Sinatra Tribute (My Way) [Re: travlin'easy]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By: travlin'easy
Tony,

I'll record My Way for you one day in the not too distant future. I ain't no Sinatra, though! wink

Gary cool

No one else is ...

Anytime my friend ... I'll be waiting ...
'Back in the day' of the band, my mother-in-law said it was the best song I ever sang ... that was then, this is now ... violin

#344174 - 04/28/12 04:48 PM Re: Sinatra Tribute (My Way) [Re: Tony Hughes]
Nigel Offline
Admin

I think the ones who left our shores went to make a better life and paid £10.00 for the privileged, hey Nigel £10.00 was a lot of money then, be lucky if you or me could live in Australia now, I don't have £250,000 I could bank with them for my NI. Australian Border Patrol would see us off on the next plane.

Actually the first Australians didn't pay to go there. They were shipped there in chains to English prisons there for minor crimes. That was the primary reason for England colonizing Australia. And I don't think Australian Border Patrol could get rid of me easily ... I have an Australian passport that says they can't wink

#344175 - 04/28/12 10:06 PM Re: Sinatra Tribute (My Way) [Re: Nigel]
Tony Hughes Offline

Originally Posted By: Nigel

Actually the first Australians didn't pay to go there. They were shipped there in chains to English prisons there for minor crimes.

Nigel,

Just wonder if they have got the law right all those years back, couldn't do anything like that today with criminals, European Court of Human Rights would see to that. Lucky lad you - two passports - I only have a stupid photo on one. Nigel where would you rather be, USA or Australia or is that a stupid question to ask.

Tony

#344176 - 04/29/12 02:41 AM Re: Sinatra Tribute (My Way) [Re: Tony Hughes]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Nigel where would you rather be, USA or Australia or is that a stupid question to ask.

Tony

I enjoy the option of being able to live and work in both countries. They both have their pros and cons, but it comes down to where I have a job and can make a comfortable living. It was my job that brought me to California over 20 years ago and life here has been good to me, though the economy everywhere is pretty much down at the moment.

Because I work in the video games industry I have more choices in the USA. In fact I work with a lot of English computer programmers who moved here for the same reasons. Life in both countries is great and I really value what they both have to offer.

My sister is a graphic designer and she moved overseas for her job as well ... and now lives in Tunbridge Wells in England. The world is very small nowadays.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online