SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#343851 - 04/20/12 07:13 AM Re: Highland Cathedral - played on Tyros4 (Video) [Re: Telmo]
Anthony Johnson Offline

Loc: Sheffield Yorkshire England
Hi Telmo,
Lost track of things due to the discussion about Bagpipes but I originally intended to say how much I enjoyed your playing of Highland Cathedral.
This is no surprise as your performances are always so professional and you have an uncanny ability to make your setups match every facet of the pieces you play - well done , and I look forward to your next offering.

May I just ask where you bought the beautiful "Bamboo Flute" voice which you used in your intro - such a haunting sound and nothing in the Tyros flutes comes near for that type of music.
Best wishes,
Tony

#343852 - 04/20/12 07:31 AM Re: Highland Cathedral - played on Tyros4 (Video) [Re: Anthony Johnson]
Oscar1 Offline

Anthony the link to the f.massa files - the highland pipes sounds really good.
I don't have tyros yet, I only listened to demos.

He says it needs expanded memory, is the tyros 4 memory normal simm or you need to buy some extra memory card?

#343857 - 04/20/12 08:58 AM Re: Highland Cathedral - played on Tyros4 (Video) [Re: Oscar1]
Anthony Johnson Offline

Loc: Sheffield Yorkshire England
Hi Oscar,
You cannot use ordinary computer SIMS in Yamaha keyboards - you have to buy a dedicated memory card.

I bought a Yamaha card but some suppliers are much cheaper than others and there are others on this Forum who will be able to recommend one to you.
Best wishes,
Tony

#343905 - 04/21/12 09:34 PM Re: Highland Cathedral - played on Tyros4 (Video) [Re: Anthony Johnson]
Oscar1 Offline

Thanks, yeah I don't have tyros, had been going to the music store many times to play with it but here it is $5000. I would go for $3500 used, but nothing in my area.
I do like it for sure, but the 2.5x difference from my PSR910 is a little too steep. Sonically there is probably some difference that I couldn't get from the headphones and it has some new articulated 2 voices (but only very few!) and the choirs are definitely above the PSR (probably above any other synths).
But still, more I play with it in the store, less I am convinced for upgrade... most of the things that bugs me on PSR are unchanged in Tyros 4 (the very lame and non-visual recording functions for example)

In fact my latest idea is to wait when yamaha will upgrade the arrangers and give me some more reason to upgrade. It could be a long wait...I hear not a beep from yamaha.
Sorry for stealing the thread... just a rant. I do like the Tyros, I just hate the price....probably because I am naturally cheap.

Edited by Oscar1 (04/21/12 09:36 PM)

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online