SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#343529 - 04/12/12 08:11 AM Re: Finally, a few tunes played on the KMA [Re: travlin'easy]
john smies Offline

Loc: koudekerke, Holland.

John,

The line out shouldn't change with the volume adjustment--it should remain constant. The headphone out, at least with most keyboards, is directly effected by the main volume control. There is an input adjustment on the Zoom-H2 for both the mic and the Line-In.

Hi Gary,
I am afraid you are wrong there. I know that normally speaking a line out should not be aligned to the volume knobs etc. but believe you me it does with the Micro, and to the best of my knowledge it does so with most Korg keyboards. I just double-checked in my own set up where the Micro is coupled to a Yamaha PSR900 and like I said, also the Line Out of the Micro runs via the volume sliders.
In a way this is a bonus to Deane, cause as I mentioned earlier on this way he can trim the recording level to perfection in two ways.

regards,
John

#343530 - 04/12/12 08:59 AM Re: Finally, a few tunes played on the KMA [Re: Nigel]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By: Nigel
Why use these web sites that require you to join when you can attach them to postings here at Synth Zone and they will stay here for ever. You can attach any MP3 up to 6MB. Just use the File Manager link when you post to attach them.

Nigel ... thnx for that reminder ... I know I never think of that when posting a song ... redface

Also, for those of you who had a problem with the 4shared site, could it be the browser you are using? ...

#343531 - 04/12/12 09:01 AM Re: Finally, a few tunes played on the KMA [Re: tony mads usa]
tony mads usa Offline

Deanne ... thnx for posting your songs ... playing for NH is a most rewarding gig ...
BTW ... that is some set-up for a 1 hour gig ... wink

#343534 - 04/12/12 09:21 AM Re: Finally, a few tunes played on the KMA [Re: hammer]
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
Hi Tony,
I learned years ago if you plan on getting paid for your work you need the good equipment for the job. I get lots of comments about my gear. I also feel like the audiences I play for deserve to have entertainers who take the jobs seriously.

Deane

#343537 - 04/12/12 09:49 AM Re: Finally, a few tunes played on the KMA [Re: hammer]
tony mads usa Offline

Originally Posted By: hammer
Hi Tony,
I learned years ago if you plan on getting paid for your work you need the good equipment for the job. I get lots of comments about my gear. I also feel like the audiences I play for deserve to have entertainers who take the jobs seriously.

Deane

Deane ... we all do what we do in our own way, and the only thing that matters is that the audience likes what we are doing ... By NO MEANS am I "criticizing' your set up ... just by comparison, I played a NH on Monday using my KN6000, Digitech Harmonizor, and one Podium 10, and the best words I heard were "we can't wait for you to come back" ...
As I said, do what we do, make beautiful music, and satisfy the audience ... keys

#343555 - 04/12/12 02:36 PM Re: Finally, a few tunes played on the KMA [Re: hammer]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
You may be right with Korg, John, but Line Out levels are traditionally fixed--not variable and not effected by volume controls. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Line_level Anything other than a fixed level would not really be considered Line Out output voltage.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#343563 - 04/12/12 05:24 PM Re: Finally, a few tunes played on the KMA [Re: hammer]
hammer Offline

Hey guys, mute point. My KMA does not have a line out - midi out -but no line out.

Deane

#343567 - 04/12/12 07:14 PM Re: Finally, a few tunes played on the KMA [Re: hammer]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Looks like you'll have to use the Line-Out on the L1 Compact.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#343568 - 04/12/12 07:31 PM Re: Finally, a few tunes played on the KMA [Re: travlin'easy]
hammer Offline

Gary,
Missed your calls - played multiple gigs today. There is no Aux line out on the KMA. I'll keep experimenting with the various options until I get a good setup. I tried again today using the headphone output and using three different record levels from 25%, 50% and 75% and all three were distorted. The real challenge is most of the styles have different volume levels and it is tricky to get the record levels set for a gig. I tested it on my T4 it worked perfectly - really strange.

Deane

#343573 - 04/12/12 11:43 PM Re: Finally, a few tunes played on the KMA [Re: hammer]
john smies Offline

Loc: koudekerke, Holland.
Hey guys, mute point. My KMA does not have a line out - midi out -but no line out.

Hi Deane,

Either there is a separate version for the USA market or you are mistaken.....
At the back from left to right you have Headphone out, Line in, and then
OUTPUT Right and OUTPUT left/mono. They are the line out and though I agree with Gary on principle these outputs go via the volume sliders............

regards,
John

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online