Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#343397 - 04/09/12 06:16 PM Re: My first KMA gig [Re: montunoman]
Machetero Offline

Loc: Tampa, Florida, USA
Can the KMA play PA500 styles?

#343399 - 04/09/12 06:41 PM Re: My first KMA gig [Re: montunoman]
Dnj Offline

Paul did you happen top record any part of this gig?

#343405 - 04/09/12 10:48 PM Re: My first KMA gig [Re: Machetero]
mdorantes Offline

Loc: Queretaro, Mexico
Hello Francisco:

The MicroArranger can not play PA500 styles, several reasons, if the style had any parts using the Guitar mode, well, the KMA do not have it, and the structure is different, one thing, the PA 500 CAN play KMA styles, of course, they will be missing one Intro, Ending, the Break, and perhaps some voicing if was use any of the RX, or if was a PA800 style that had some DNC sounds, too.
When I re-did our styles for the MicroArranger, I had to eliminate some parts, and wherever I did use the Guitar Mode, I had to "converted" to a format that was readable for the KMA.
Very much like the styles from a PSR 3000 to a Tyros4, but never from a Tyros4 to a PSR3000.
You get the idea.

Manuel

#343408 - 04/10/12 01:20 AM Re: My first KMA gig [Re: montunoman]
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Originally Posted By: montunoman
upbeat Latin stuff- cumbia, salsa, reggaeton, Tejano, norteño, and a few modern dance hits. The KMA sounds much better than my Tyros in theses areas. Until I can afford an Audya or Korg PX3 I'll be doing all Latin gigs with my KMA.

What exactly is it about the KMA latin styles that makes them that much better to you?

#343415 - 04/10/12 06:25 AM Re: My first KMA gig [Re: George Kaye]
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Originally Posted By: George Kaye
Montunoman,
It sounds like you are using a lot of Latin Styles. I just purchased Manuel Dorantes's Mexico/Latin styles for the Korg Microarranger and they are outstanding. He sells them on EBAY or you can contact by looking up his profile here on the synthzone.

Originally Posted By: mdorantes
Hello Francisco:

The MicroArranger can not play PA500 styles, several reasons, if the style had any parts using the Guitar mode, well, the KMA do not have it, and the structure is different, one thing, the PA 500 CAN play KMA styles, of course, they will be missing one Intro, Ending, the Break, and perhaps some voicing if was use any of the RX, or if was a PA800 style that had some DNC sounds, too.
When I re-did our styles for the MicroArranger, I had to eliminate some parts, and wherever I did use the Guitar Mode, I had to "converted" to a format that was readable for the KMA.
Manuel

Hi Manuel,

Do you have an ebay link to your styles?

Thanks

Originally Posted By: montunoman
I did my first gig yesterday with my KMA. It was a Easter party at a home. I was happy that I was able to fit all my gear in the trunk of our Toyota Corolla which left plenty of room for my wife, daughter and niece in the car. At the party I started with some bossa nova instrumentals. I do prefer my Tyros 2 for this type of stuff but I made due just fine. After the first set my wife joined me and we got right into the upbeat Latin stuff- cumbia, salsa, reggaeton, Tejano, norteño, and a few modern dance hits. The KMA sounds much better than my Tyros in theses areas. It really becomes apparent when you're actually out playing a gig if a keyboard will work for you. Until I can afford an Audya or Korg PX3 I'll be doing all Latin gigs with my KMA.

Hi Paul,

Sounds like you are enjoying your KMA. Scott wanted to know why the KMA had better Latin styles than the Tyros. Is it because of the drums and the more 'live' style type? I know you have a T-2, and wonder if the T-4 Latin styles would be an improvement?

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#343417 - 04/10/12 07:04 AM Re: My first KMA gig [Re: montunoman]
Jose Pereira Offline

Loc: Funchal Portugal
Hi Larry
I did have a Tyros2 and now a Tyros4. The Latin styles are exactly the same, and the drums/percussion too. And they´re as weak and fake as before.
I sampled a few percussion sounds and programed some styles myself, but can´t combined with internal drum sounds. It´s amazing how more fake it ever sounds!!! and as a matter of fact, I played my tyros4 with a real band, all alive, (no styles) and I still listen the "hollow" , "phasey", "fake" sound coming from my tyros (I mean piano and brass mostly. The stereo sounds seems obtained with processing, not actually stereo recordings...)
So frustrating!!!!!!

#343432 - 04/10/12 10:17 AM Re: My first KMA gig [Re: montunoman]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Hi Guys-

I just got Manuel’s styles and I really like them. Most of them are geared for regional Mexican music but there are some more “international” Latin styles such as the cha-cha-cha that are excellent too. I have used his styles on my tyros 2 as well with very good results.

Jose- I find the on board KMA Latin styles superior to those on my Tyros 2. The KMA styles aren’t nearly as good as those Latin styles I’ve heard on the Audya but you get what you pay for, right? The KMA doesn’t not have the Yamaha formata style endings. The KMA has two ending and both are fairly busy.

Also Jose I have only played a PX2 just one time and I only fooled around with some bossa novas. I would assume if you didn’t like the PX2 Latin, you would not like the KMA Latin. Maybe a PX2 owner can comment.

BTW, someone was kind enough to post/record the KMA Latin styles here on SZ. Maybe you can do a search. Just let me say you really don’t get a good feel for the depth of the sound/styles tell you play through a good PA with your singer.

Larry and Scott- I think the Latin sounds so much better on the Korg due to the “rawness” of the percussion and most importantly the bass and percussion parts are more authentic. It sounds like Korg has some people to program the Latin styles that understands Latin music.

Donny, sorry I don’t have the means, know how, or desire to record my live gigs. That is a great idea though. Maybe someday…

OK, I hope I answered everyone questions. Sorry for any typos –grammar errors. I’m trying to type away on my iphone while stuck in line at the DMV. Yuck!

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#343439 - 04/10/12 11:24 AM Re: My first KMA gig [Re: montunoman]
mdorantes Offline

Loc: Queretaro, Mexico
Here the link to the our Latin styles on Ebay. cool
Supported formats: Korg PA 2X/800/500/588 also PA80/60/50/50SD/1X/1X Pro and the New MicroArranger

Yamaha PSR/PSRS/ Tyros 1,2,3 & 4.....on the PSR series ONLY the models that have 4 style variations...there are only available on "Generic" (GM) format, since there are to many models and have different sound Map, Sweet, Cool, Mega, SA1, SA2, etc. Is not possible for us to have all the models, User can assign better sounds on the keyboard using the Mixing Console (lower left side of the screen).

Manuel

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RITMOS-para-tecl...=item335fb22831

http://www.ebay.com/itm/STYLES-Mexican-L...=item335fb10a3f

Manuel

#343513 - 04/11/12 07:41 PM Re: My first KMA gig [Re: Jose Pereira]
dralion Offline

Originally Posted By: Jose Pereira
Hi montunoman

So, are the KMA latin styles that good??!! I had a PA2X and the latin styles were whorse than the Tyros2 (that I also had)
Does the styles in KMA have the simple end (END1) as the Tyros2 styles? I just ask because I never use the elaborate intros and endings, I just prefer the long chord (think "fermata") finale or I do my break end with sync stop engaged.
Where can I hear the KMA latin styles?

Thanks!!

Jo, here is the Latin styles demo I recorded and posted upon Montuno's request.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-Ds-LzRH7c&feature=youtu.be

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online