Hi. I am a complete noob with guitar and midi. I lost my right arm over 20 years ago. I have Right forequarter amputation so have no stump or right shoulder.

I would like to play a guitar of some sort and have been following a few different avenues. I hope I can get some advice from someone using Roland Midi Guitar.

My preferred option is to use a midi pickup on a guitar to pick up the string picking or strumming and use a set of foot pedals (perhaps the Roland PK6?) to directly choose or pitchbend the notes in the guitar chord.

I am completely new to Midi but have been trying to do some research to try and understand the basics. I’ve still got a lot of knowledge gaps to fill. I’ll try and set out my thoughts on how I can do this.

The midi standard allows for fine control of pitchbending with message number 6. Pitchbend values of 0 to 16383. The value 0 means, "bend as low as possible," and, similarly, 16383 is to "bend as high as possible." 8192 = no pitchbend. The exact range of the pitch bend is specific to the synthesizer.

I assume the Roland GK-3 pickup with a Roland guitar synth or guitar Midi module has the ability to pitchbend? Can anyone confirm if this is the case and what the pitchbend range is?

I don’t know if this is a standard midi feature but I assume that a midi controller can send pitchbend instructions to a midi instrument.

Can any roland guitar synth or guitar midi module accept pitchbend data over midi from a midi controller?

Assuming that a Roland guitar synth or midi controller can receive pitch bend messages, I propose the following:

The Roland PK-6 be used in “Midi controller mode” with the left hand pedal set to send a pitch bend message of one semitone up on each of the 6 guitar channels. The second pedal sends a pitch bend message of a full tone up, the third pedal 3 semitones etc to cover a full octave.
As an alternative (better?) to a chromatic progression each pedal could be programmed to pitch bend each of the 6 guitar channels by a different value such that the 13 pedals gave 13 guitar chords.

I hope I have explained my thinking clearly and that someone can advise if this is doable with standard Roland midi gear?

Regards Allen.