SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#343136 - 04/02/12 07:33 PM Re: TheWolf presents: Old Spinning Wheel (live video) [Re: Riceroni9]
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
Originally Posted By: Riceroni9
Heikki/Wolf:

Nice vocal to a song nearly as old as me. I can actually remember when this one topped the charts... and there was only one chart. I see my buddy Scott beat me to the details of where a couple of renditions can be found. I'm amazed to get to hear it again... and your playing and singing style is most entertaining. Thanks for sharing.

Dave Rice

Hey Dave... and I see... Gary in a later post... like this song! I like learning old songs! This is where I began, literally, 50 years ago! Here's to all you guys. Do you like alligator, nutria or armadillo meat?

#343139 - 04/02/12 08:11 PM Re: TheWolf presents: Old Spinning Wheel (live video) [Re: TheWolf]
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
I'm actually a little shocked a young Fin would even know this old Yank song from the '30s...let alone play and sing it so magnificently.

Outstanding...I enjoy your stuff with or without cursing.

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#343143 - 04/02/12 11:50 PM Re: TheWolf presents: Old Spinning Wheel (live video) [Re: lahawk]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Originally Posted By: lahawk
Outstanding...I enjoy your stuff with or without cursing.

Yep me too. Though with "Aint It A Kick In The Head" the smooth vocals combined with the cursing made it hilarious wink
I can't remember when I have laughed so much. And my wife laughed too. I guess I have a dark sense of humor rotflmao but at least I admit it.

But I also loved this video of Old Spinning Wheel. And the high note jumps really added to the performance ... and the cussing was very nicely cutoff just in time lmao. You always make me laugh, you really are the total entertainer.

#343173 - 04/03/12 10:29 AM Re: TheWolf presents: Old Spinning Wheel (live video) [Re: SemiLiveMusic]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By: SemiLiveMusic

Hey Dave... and I see... Gary in a later post... like this song! I like learning old songs! This is where I began, literally, 50 years ago! Here's to all you guys. Do you like alligator, nutria or armadillo meat?

alligator, nutria or armadillo meat? juggle

NUTRIA?!?!? sick

'Gator, thank you ... rocker
grin

Edited by tony mads usa (04/03/12 10:31 AM)

#343179 - 04/03/12 01:38 PM Re: TheWolf presents: Old Spinning Wheel (live video) [Re: TheWolf]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Deep fried gator is pretty good, nutria--nah! I tried a nutria burger once and it tasted just awful. Never tried armadillo, probably because the ones I saw regularly lived beneath my house in Palestine, TX, they ate scorpions and other nasty bugs so I considered them a great form of pest control. wink I am kinda' partial to rattlesnake, though.

Cheers,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#343182 - 04/03/12 02:30 PM Re: TheWolf presents: Old Spinning Wheel (live video) [Re: travlin'easy]
tony mads usa Offline

Edited by tony mads usa (04/03/12 02:33 PM)

#343183 - 04/03/12 02:32 PM Re: TheWolf presents: Old Spinning Wheel (live video) [Re: tony mads usa]
tony mads usa Offline

Just to get this thread back on track - I am planning to play this song at my next NH gig ...
thnx, Wolf ...

#343184 - 04/03/12 02:49 PM Re: TheWolf presents: Old Spinning Wheel (live video) [Re: tony mads usa]
TheWolf Offline

Loc: Finland
Originally Posted By: tony mads usa
Just to get this thread back on track - I am planning to play this song at my next NH gig ...
thnx, Wolf ...

Oh man. Any way you could record it? Would really wanna hear others do this... just stick a camera in some corner on a tripod man smile

#343217 - 04/04/12 08:47 AM Re: TheWolf presents: Old Spinning Wheel (live video) [Re: TheWolf]
tony mads usa Offline

Originally Posted By: TheWolf
Originally Posted By: tony mads usa
thnx, Wolf ...

Oh man. Any way you could record it? Would really wanna hear others do this... just stick a camera in some corner on a tripod man smile

I don't know about the camera, Wolf ... as they say, I have a "great face for radio" ... grin

#343532 - 04/12/12 09:06 AM Re: TheWolf presents: Old Spinning Wheel (live video) [Re: tony mads usa]
tony mads usa Offline

Played the song Monday at a NH gig ... gave full credit to the fact that another KB player played it on this website and that's why I added it my play list grin ...
Heard comments of "I haven't heard that song in YEARS", and "Oh, that was so nice" ... blush ...
Unfortunately, I did not have my recorder with me ... hopefully, next time ...

Thnx agn, Wolf ...

Edited by tony mads usa (04/12/12 09:06 AM)

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online