SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#343075 - 04/02/12 08:21 AM TheWolf presents: Old Spinning Wheel (live video)
TheWolf Offline

Loc: Finland

Alrite people here we go, serving up another vid fresh out of the oven. It ain't perfect but I have no time to practice, it's an oldie and I just discovered this song a few days ago. Maybe some of you seniors can shoot us some info on this.. anyway here's my version of it. Have a good one!

#343076 - 04/02/12 08:33 AM Re: TheWolf presents: Old Spinning Wheel (live video) [Re: TheWolf]
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
Haha, I love how you JUMP when you hit those high notes. Quite entertaining, you da man! Thanks, Wolfman.

#343079 - 04/02/12 09:10 AM Re: TheWolf presents: Old Spinning Wheel (live video) [Re: SemiLiveMusic]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Wolf ... nice job ... this one is new to me ...

Originally Posted By: SemiLiveMusic
Haha, I love how you JUMP when you hit those high notes. Quite entertaining, you da man! Thanks, Wolfman.

Yeah, Bill ... Wolf would be quite an act to catch ... bounce

Some history:
http://deegold.homestead.com/spinningwheel.html

The song sheet - just add your chords smile :
http://www.wikifonia.org/node/10228#/C/0/1

Edited by tony mads usa (04/02/12 09:22 AM)

#343083 - 04/02/12 09:24 AM Re: TheWolf presents: Old Spinning Wheel (live video) [Re: TheWolf]
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Nice one Heino, tell Christer you're ready to take over his place as the new Scandinavian Danceband King !!

No, I'm not joking, you could step in as Vikingarna vocalist at any time.
Keep on the happy playing & singing.

Cheers
GJ

Btw, in Norwegian the title is: Det er rokken som spinner i stuen.
It's as you say an oldie, a hit from the late 50'ies or early 60'ies I think.

#343089 - 04/02/12 10:07 AM Re: TheWolf presents: Old Spinning Wheel (live video) [Re: TheWolf]
KeyBTyros Offline

Loc: The Netherlands
Hey Heiki My friend,
Verry nicely done i mis the swearing though llolll
just kidding
I think you did a verry good job but then again all al you do is good because you are a great artist with charisma
and i like that you are funny
so its great to see you perform
looking forward allready for youre next one my friend
have a great evening and speak to you soon
I dont know the song but i like it and also youre play on the keyboard is verry nice
Regards Rico wave

#343103 - 04/02/12 11:22 AM Re: TheWolf presents: Old Spinning Wheel (live video) [Re: Gunnar Jonny]
TheWolf Offline

Originally Posted By: Gunnar Jonny
Nice one Heino, tell Christer you're ready to take over his place as the new Scandinavian Danceband King !!

Heh dude, as a matter of fact I actually met him last summer at a gas station here, can you believe it? I was going to a wedding gig myself with my guitarist, and we stopped at a gas station in Laitila, SW Finland. So I pay for my stuff there and hear this deep voice next to me, and it's fukkin Christer Sjögren and his band ordering food. I immediately went to him and said I love your singing, and would come to your gig but I have one of my own so I can't. Damn it woulda been great to see him live.... I had a friend who went and sent me MMS recordings on his phone all nite to make me jealous. Well I told him I actually talked to the guy and shook his hand laugh that shut him up.

Anyways thanks for the comment there buddy.. appreciate it. Even though we both hate the swedes (it's true, who are we kidding) we still gotta give 'em credit for the greatest ever dansband in the world.

#343116 - 04/02/12 01:12 PM Re: TheWolf presents: Old Spinning Wheel (live video) [Re: TheWolf]
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Heikki dude!

Hi Buddy! Great Scandanavian rendition of an apparently classic old country song that I honestly never heard before either.
I listened to the link you gave me to Slim Whitman's vocal rendition as well as Carl Perkins instrumental version (Johnny Cash @ Folsom Prison album), and wasn't quite sure how it might sound done in your Finnish Iskelma song style. Well . . . it sounds terrific! clap

Btw, here's wishing you the best on your upcoming work week training trip in Germany. Don't forget to have a beer on me ,
and if you get a chance, contact me on Skype while you're there. I'm confident you'll be bringing home that SAP certificate too. rocker

Scott smile

#343119 - 04/02/12 01:39 PM Re: TheWolf presents: Old Spinning Wheel (live video) [Re: Scottyee]
TheWolf Offline

Originally Posted By: Scottyee
Heikki dude!

Hi Buddy! Great Scandanavian rendition of an apparently classic old country song that I honestly never heard before either.
I listened to the link you gave me to Slim Whitman's vocal rendition as well as Carl Perkins instrumental version (Johnny Cash @ Folsom Prison album), and wasn't quite sure how it might sound done in your Finnish Iskelma song style. Well . . . it sounds terrific! clap

Btw, here's wishing you the best on your upcoming work week training trip in Germany. Don't forget to have a beer on me ,
and if you get a chance, contact me on Skype while you're there. I'm confident you'll be bringing home that SAP certificate too. rocker

Scott smile

Heyyy Scott my bud, you can bet I'll have a few just on you. If Luftwaffe have Wlan I'll be sure to give ya a call mid-air again. Heck who knows maybe I'll run into Michel Voncken while I'm there, kick the fat b*stard in the arse.. oops I mean ask for his autograph. Well I ain't going until the 22nd so I still got time to push out some new songs.. might record something tomorra again, so stay tuned. Anyways thanks my man and keep up the good work yourself rocker

#343133 - 04/02/12 03:12 PM Re: TheWolf presents: Old Spinning Wheel (live video) [Re: TheWolf]
Riceroni9 Offline

Loc: TX, USA
Heikki/Wolf:

Nice vocal to a song nearly as old as me. I can actually remember when this one topped the charts... and there was only one chart. I see my buddy Scott beat me to the details of where a couple of renditions can be found. I'm amazed to get to hear it again... and your playing and singing style is most entertaining. Thanks for sharing.

Dave Rice

#343134 - 04/02/12 06:47 PM Re: TheWolf presents: Old Spinning Wheel (live video) [Re: TheWolf]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Wow! I used to perform that one many, many years ago--I like your version better.

Good one,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online