SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#343000 - 03/30/12 01:56 PM Re: Audya 5 HDD backup is online [Re: Tonewheeldude]
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Originally Posted By: Tonewheeldude
When you buy a new PC can you download a ghost image of the hard drive from the sellers website?

No, simply not nessesary because you'll find either a restore media as CD or DVD in the box, or a image already on HD to burn into such media stright from the PC's HD. Even my G-70 has a restore CD enclosed, and also the latest full OS update is downloadable.
Nowadays it should'nt be any problem due to size of the files regarding make things downloadable, the big question is if Ketron still live in the "old days" regarding internetlines and servercapasity as well.

Cheers and Happy Easter.
GJ

#343004 - 03/30/12 05:53 PM Re: Audya 5 HDD backup is online [Re: cicolino]
Tonewheeldude Offline

it has absolutely nothing to do with 'living in the old days'. In fact at Ketron UK we have our own servers with more than enough space and bandwidth to handle this kind of thing...the point is, its a) illegal and b) very risky downloading the image for the reasons i mentioned.

of course if you want to screw up your £3000 to £4000 audya because its too much trouble to do a back up or ask for restore disks then please...be my guest.

#343009 - 03/31/12 08:03 AM Re: Audya 5 HDD backup is online [Re: cicolino]
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
In this country you'll have to pay at least £4825 (after price droppet quite a lot) for the Audya, and for that price all the nessesary restore media should be to find in the box.
For the pricelevel they started out when Audya came to this country, the serviceman should be anclosed as well. wink

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online