SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#342836 - 03/27/12 07:26 PM Please watch (and Like) my new video
Beakybird Offline

I'm doing a marketing campaign that targets public libraries and park districts, and I wanted to get a video that shows my audience having a great time.

However, my niece (who's helping me in my campaign) recommended that I get more views and Likes before I share it with potential clients.

Here's the URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_T1IBvrHcvg

I mix a little humor in my show which is evident in the first twenty seconds. I do songs that have more impressive keyboard playing than this, but this song had the best footage from the second camera.

Anyway, thanks so much in advance.

Edited by Beakybird (03/27/12 07:31 PM)

#342839 - 03/27/12 11:07 PM Re: Please watch (and Like) my new video [Re: Beakybird]
Beakybird Offline

I apologize. I'm going to do a little bit of editing. I'll post a new URL tomorrow. So far I only have 7 views and 3 likes. Don't watch it yet. I'd delete my post, but this site won't let me!

#342847 - 03/28/12 02:36 AM Re: Please watch (and Like) my new video [Re: Beakybird]
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Hi Beakybird

I really think the effect you wanted, that is positive audience response, comes across very good here. As far as click the like button, I don't think this will have any effect on what you're trying to sell. It'll be you, your jokes, the music and in this case also some happy folks. Rarely do I look at how many thumbs up or down there are. I just don't agree that the number of likes will have any effect on how many gigs you might get off of this type of exposure.

Edited by Scott Langholff (03/28/12 02:37 AM)

#342850 - 03/28/12 04:19 AM Re: Please watch (and Like) my new video [Re: Beakybird]
KeyBTyros Offline

Loc: The Netherlands
Hey Beaky
Fantastic
I enjoyed that verry much and i gave you a like
Greetings Rico wave

#342858 - 03/28/12 10:03 AM Re: Please watch (and Like) my new video [Re: Beakybird]
124 Offline

Originally Posted By: Beakybird
I apologize. I'm going to do a little bit of editing. I'll post a new URL tomorrow. So far I only have 7 views and 3 likes. Don't watch it yet. I'd delete my post, but this site won't let me!

LOL. "Don't watch it yet". The best invite a guy could get.

Anyway, I don't see why this wouldn't do the business for you. It shows prospects exactly what they'll be getting - it's all good. If I'm booking somebody, I want to see the real thing, not some highly edited glitzed up video that can't be reproduced in a live situation.

You'll already know this, but the NH crowd just want simple, honest entertainment, and that's exactly what I see here. Keep up the good work.

#342860 - 03/28/12 10:13 AM Re: Please watch (and Like) my new video [Re: Beakybird]
TheWolf Offline

Loc: Finland
I have no alternative but to like this s.. stuff. Just shows how long stage show and charisma can take you. Ya don't need the latest gear and pro quality sound. You left me smiling so it's all good.

#342865 - 03/28/12 12:41 PM Re: Please watch (and Like) my new video [Re: TheWolf]
Mockie Offline

Loc: Dublin Ireland
Hi Beaky

I have to say in all honesty, this is not good.

The sound is like something from the early sixties featuring a

cheesy organ sound and the song is about 100 years old.

Bear in mind, even if the majority of the audience are over 80

years old, that would leave them at only 35 or so when the

Beatles and Beach Boys were tops. I feel your are treating

the listeners with contempt.

You are not doing yourself any good posting this type of

performance anywhere.

I'm sorry to be so blunt, but believe or not I'm trying to help.

Frank

#342867 - 03/28/12 12:50 PM Re: Please watch (and Like) my new video [Re: Mockie]
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Originally Posted By: Mockie
Hi Beaky

I have to say in all honesty, this is not good.

The sound is like something from the early sixties featuring a

cheesy organ sound and the song is about 100 years old.

Bear in mind, even if the majority of the audience are over 80

years old, that would leave them at only 35 or so when the

Beatles and Beach Boys were tops. I feel your are treating

the listeners with contempt.

You are not doing yourself any good posting this type of

performance anywhere.

I'm sorry to be so blunt, but believe or not I'm trying to help.

Frank

I would have to say for the kind of audiences Beakybird is performing for in the US that this is what works and it works good. The Saints is a standard dixieland Made In America song that is widely recognized and enjoyed by all ages.

I mean, just look at the peoples pleasant reaction. That says it all. IMHO

Edited by Scott Langholff (03/28/12 01:22 PM)

#342875 - 03/28/12 02:26 PM Re: Please watch (and Like) my new video [Re: Beakybird]
Beakybird Offline

Hi Frank! I play Americana songs sometimes. I played When The Saints that day because it was the day after Fat Tuesday.

Some urged me to edit it because there are some shots of people having only a so-so time. I put in a few great shots from some cell phone footage that I hadn't bothered to look at for that song.

Here's the new URL. http://youtu.be/s3OikLt2FJg. If you watched it already, I don't want you to feel obligated to look at it again.

#342876 - 03/28/12 03:38 PM Re: Please watch (and Like) my new video [Re: Beakybird]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Larry,

Your right on target for your market. I gave you a thumbs up good luck with your marketing campaign.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online