SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#342859 - 03/28/12 10:05 AM TheWolf presents: I Know Why (live video)
TheWolf Offline

Loc: Finland

Alrite sizzle chests, I think it's about time I post something where I'm not drunk (ok maybe just semi) but anyways I hope this will encourage everyone to post more live shiznit and more importantly: VIDEO. Don't tell me you don't have capable cams at this day and age. Lets go fellas!

Greetings to Scott Yee and Rico and all you other crazy bastards. Hope to hear more stuff from ya.

Tech info: Style used=40'sSwingBallad, tempo 83. Recorded on the T4 hard drive, mixed in Adobe Premiere Pro CS5.5.

#342861 - 03/28/12 10:43 AM Re: TheWolf presents: I Know Why (live video) [Re: TheWolf]
Bachus Offline

You've got a wondefull voice.

But please tell me that can of soda is not standing on your tyros? I have seen devastating results from such actions.

http://keyszone.boards.net

#342863 - 03/28/12 11:35 AM Re: TheWolf presents: I Know Why (live video) [Re: Bachus]
TheWolf Offline

Originally Posted By: Bachus
You've got a wondefull voice.

But please tell me that can of soda is not standing on your tyros? I have seen devastating results from such actions.

Thank you good sir. But yea it's not soda, it's beer. I always keep my drinks there on gigs, it's the perfect place on the Tyros. Never had an issue.

#342866 - 03/28/12 12:45 PM Re: TheWolf presents: I Know Why (live video) [Re: TheWolf]
KeyBTyros Offline

Loc: The Netherlands
Hey Wolfi
M8 Youre amazing i love youre voice
What a fantastic song realy great i realy enjoyed that
hope to see more of you
i would love to sing a song with you together lol
speak to you soon
Greetings Rico
Ps Heiki is it possible for you to send to me youre mic settings because i like them and i am not so good with settings
because it sounds great wave

#342868 - 03/28/12 01:04 PM Re: TheWolf presents: I Know Why (live video) [Re: KeyBTyros]
TheWolf Offline

Originally Posted By: KeyBTyros
Hey Wolfi
M8 Youre amazing i love youre voice
What a fantastic song realy great i realy enjoyed that
hope to see more of you
i would love to sing a song with you together lol
speak to you soon
Greetings Rico
Ps Heiki is it possible for you to send to me youre mic settings because i like them and i am not so good with settings
because it sounds great wave

Thank you my good man, I really appreciate this, coming from you.

But alrite you wanted to know my mic settings, here we go:

Mic hardware: Sennheiser E945
Mic settings:
EQ LOW 70Hz +4dB
EQ MID 1.2Khz +2dB
EQ HIGH 8.0Khz +2dB

Compressor:
Threshold -30dB, Ratio 5.0, Out 110

That's it is baby. Of course you gotta find the right mic for you, I tried about 10 different mics in the old days and hooked 'em all up and gave them a test run, for me the Sennheiser did it. So these settings are basically useless anyways unless you're 1) me and 2) have a sennheiser laugh

Anyway you wanted the settings, you got 'em.

#342869 - 03/28/12 01:15 PM Re: TheWolf presents: I Know Why (live video) [Re: TheWolf]
KeyBTyros Offline

Loc: The Netherlands
Hey my friend i gonna test them out tomorow
thank you verry much
Maby i should look into a new mic and try that out i do have a good one the one i sing the caro emerald song with is a byerdynamic thats a verry good mic
Maby when you listen to the song ya have some good advice for me its also on the forum
but i gonna put that mic on and try those settings out i wil let you know
Thank you so much for youre fast reply verry nice of you
I gonna get a beer now lol Proost
speak to you soon
Regards Rico
wave

Btw heiki i also bought a lexicon mx300 but i still need someone to help me to get the settings right.

#342882 - 03/28/12 05:35 PM Re: TheWolf presents: I Know Why (live video) [Re: TheWolf]
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Heikki, wow, that song took me by complete surprise because i had honestly never heard that one before,
and because I've always considered myself pretty well versed on most of the American Songbook classics.
Yours is a terrific Tyros 4 song arrangement with beautiful lyrics of which you performed both singing and playing live impressively.
Only after I heard your arrangement have I learned this was originally performed by Glenn Miller in the 1940's,
and more recently, by Vikingarna, of which you so sent me their version. Thanks. I think your rendition is as good, if not better (with your moving vocal expression) Anyway, great to finally see an old buddy back on Sz and to hear more members such as you posting music on synthzone again. I guess we all need a kick in the butt once in a while, so I will make an extra effort to post another song again soon too. Scott smile

#342884 - 03/28/12 06:00 PM Re: TheWolf presents: I Know Why (live video) [Re: Scottyee]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Well Wolf, that CERTAINLY proves you don't need the shtick you put in a previous performance ... great job, straight up ... real nice vocal ... clap
BTW, being the age I am, I recognized the song immediately ... violin

#342885 - 03/28/12 06:06 PM Re: TheWolf presents: I Know Why (live video) [Re: TheWolf]
Telmo Offline

Loc: Brazil - South America
Hi there,
A very enjoyable Jazzy performance played on Tyros4. Well done. Happy playing, Telmo. clap

#342887 - 03/28/12 07:16 PM Re: TheWolf presents: I Know Why (live video) [Re: TheWolf]
shueymusic Offline

Loc: Lebanon, PA
Great job and thanks for laying down the challenge... more videos!!
Yamaha Genos - RCF M20x - RCF HD10A (Stereo) - Jupiter Pocket Trumpet - Sennheiser e935 - Neumann KMS-104 plus-N

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online