SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#34258 - 08/26/09 08:49 AM Txt file to each style
Szoke Offline

Hello,

I need your help.

I connected my Audya with LCD monitor to see .txt files during style playing. but I could not see the content of the .txt file Nothing on the screen. (the name of the style and the song name were 100% mached and the lyrics option was switched to on).
What I missed?

I could see the .txt files during mid playing only but the font size of the song is too large.That's why I could not see all rows of the song in same time. If I could link .txt file to each registered style I want to see all content in one page. (The .txt files are containg accords above the lines that's why it is important for me). I want to use the monitor instead of books.
Is it possible?

(I tried all video options, no success)

Thanks!

#34259 - 09/11/09 03:35 AM Re: Txt file to each style
skude Offline

Hi szoke
Not many answers to your question.I'm pretty new to the Audya, but here is how I do it for now. You can link the txt. file to the style by making a registration, single or block. In single, bring up your reg. go to disk, find the txt file, press enter, go out from disk, press save button, In the screen, select registration, save with userbutton 5/10, press enter to overwrite reg. If you then press lyrics on, you will see the lyrics on screen. ( lyrics on) As you say, the fonts are too big when you are in reg. list. it should not be like that, I dont know why. You will get more lines and smaller fonts by pressing exit and go to main screen, and than press F10, lyrics. If you like to stay in reg. list you must press reg. button once more. the lyrics will remind this size until you select the next reg. then you will have to do the same again for next reg. In disk mode you can also select zoom on, that will give you more lines than in zoom off, but still with too big fonts. In block reg. you can just save the txt. file to one of the F buttons. Hope this helps you on the way, if there are other ways of doing this I sure would like to know. I think those guys that write the software really don't think that some of us like to use lyrics, using styles. And I'm not just talking about Ketron. There should be more options for fonts and lines etc. If someone could let us know what would be the best way of typing the lyrics, it would be great.
Kind regards

[This message has been edited by skude (edited 09-11-2009).]

#34260 - 09/11/09 04:25 AM Re: Txt file to each style
Jose Pereira Offline

Loc: Funchal Portugal
Hi Szoke and Skude
Excuse me for interfere in this post, but I couldn't resist: Two Audya owners!! Beleive me, is amazingly difficult to contact with you, people! I tried to comunicate with some of the Audya owners (Tony Hughes,Frankieve, Fernando Cardozo) but, 2 of them are sellers and the other one is so frustrated with the machine.
I'm aware that there isn't a "perfect" arranger (I'm a Tyros2 owner, desperate for a change!) and your problem is one that I was considering :using a LCD monitor for text.
But overall, what do you think of your Audya? Have you used it live? How it compares to your previus keyboard? PLEASE!! Share some good and bad comments with me!
If you don't want to post here, please, write to my email: jomartins@netmadeira.com

Thanks in advance for your comments!
Jo

#34261 - 09/11/09 07:14 AM Re: Txt file to each style
skude Offline

Hi Jo
As I said above, I'm very new to the Audya so I better not say too much yet.I am playing on Korg PA800, and I have allways liked the Korg and I still do. That said, I wanted a change. I have spent very much time tweaking styles on my Korg and I'm still using about 75% of my earlier PA80 third party styles, in my PA800. I wanted something different, I tried the T3 and the E80 they are very good KB's but not quite my thing. Even though many bad things is said about the Audya, mostly from none owners, (except from Tony) I decided to go for the Audya. When it comes to styles I think I can say that these are the best soundning styles my ears have heard, They are really live. A guitarplayer in a heavy rock band came to my house today, and he was really suprised how live it sounds. BTW his music is far from what I do. I also play in a 4 member band
and doing "one man band" I allways find myself looking for styles close to the sound of my band ( drum , bass, guitar, KB) The Audya is closest I have been so far. many of the styles I'm using in my Korg sounds good but a little "busy" all the time. I don't like spending so much time on style tweaking, I like to find the style, do a quick editing, learn the song and spend my time on playing. On the Audya, after a short time I found many suitable styles for my songs. There seems to be no problems for me to find the sounds I need for my songs, sounds are very diffecult to explain you must hear. The string sound is different from the one I'm used to, so I need time on that one. I really like the rotary effect for the organ. There is a lot of EQ'ing that you can do to the output, mic. and vocaliser, the sound is getting better as I learn. I've had one freezing, my own fail I think, pressing two buttons at the same time. The registration feature is great, single or block. If you make your own program (bank of sounds)to go with a single reg. you can with screen in reg.list, have accsess to 10 sounds from the F buttons aswell as lyrics. In a block reg. you can save a lot to the F buttons.A thing I don't like not beeing able to save intro/ ending. When you have 3 intros 3 endings it will be a problem to remember which one to use, If we get a style editor maybe it will be possible to copy the Intro/ end. you want to use, to one place. Or maybe we will get Intro/end saving in the next OS. I also think that endings are playing louder than the style, even if you are playing the most "busy" variation. The lyrics to style feature is not very good, it should display the lyrics much better, with more options. It works, but like I told in my other post, we should at least know how to type lyrics for best results. Hope this helps you a little, as I spend time with he Audy I will hopefully learn more. But the best is allways to listen yourself. I did not, bought mine from Audioworks, no regrets yet. If I can help you in any way, I will sure do, but I'm not allways at my computer.
Kind regards

[This message has been edited by skude (edited 09-11-2009).]

#34262 - 09/15/09 10:00 AM Re: Txt file to each style
ccantanapoli Offline

Loc: South Carolina, USA
Mostly agree with Skude. I have been using arrangers for years (Roland, Yamaha, Korg and Solton/Ketron) in different environments, such as a full band, band with 2 arrangers and mostly, lately solo. I have purchased the Audya from my co-player, Frankiev at Audioworks (he is a good friend and I have known him for many years now, even played at his wedding...).I initially struggled through some issues with the keyboard that Frank was able to address in a zip. I have guts, and trust this current version of my Audya (running OS 2). I use it, for good and bad, although I always carry a small laptop with mp3 and Midi...just in case I need to provide entertainment alternative in case of a crash.
I did not buy the Audya to edit styles or create sampling; I just need it to be able to play music and support me during my shows; and that is in average twice a week. This puppy sounds great! This is the only reason I still carry this 60 lbs (case included) to my gigs. Why did they use metal case and made it heavy I dont' know.
I love the keybed, the keys are longer and look much like a piano, in addition their surface is slippery and 'fast'. In the studio you can ear any element of a style, but I noted than out, using a stereo output in a stereo system, some of the style element are not audible anymore; perhaps my set up and eq needs to be adjusted. Nevertheless, the leads voices and even the piano cuts through the mixing in a way that no other keyboard could.
One feature that I like is the volumes on the left for the style, and often I just keep a beat going while changing song or conversing with the crowd.

I have used, before this, an SD1 board, and some of the styles are very similar. One word of advice if you play with a drummer and/or other is to be carefull on some of the styles to be in 'synch'. My drummer was going off when, in the middle of a rif, he heard a strong 'snare' solo. Other time, when I had a loud guitar player, they both went on their own...off time...
Make sure them CAN HEAR YOU at all the time.

I am using the block registrations, but I did not have the time to add all of my performances; any time I try to do so in my studio, I end up just playing and enjoying the instrument.

If you like to play, this is for you. Yes, the instrument is not stable yet, and I have known of horror stories; the most threatening is the disk corruption. You will be done if it happen. No back up, I believe can bring you back if you loose the audio tracks. I really hope they address this issue even before thinking about the sequencer, editor and sampler. I think stability should take priority as the risk of failure in front of an audience can be devastating for a professional.

There are many samples and home made movie demos out there.

Claudio

[This message has been edited by ccantanapoli (edited 09-15-2009).]

#34263 - 09/16/09 01:53 AM Re: Txt file to each style
Jose Pereira Offline

Loc: Funchal Portugal
Hi Skude and Ccantanapoli!

Thank´s a lot for the comments, I really appreciate that.
Well, I´m aware that the Audya is far from perfect but seems it sounds better than other arrangers right now.
As I said, I´m mostly a piano player and is the first sound that I play in a keyboard. If you compare the piano sound, how good is to G70, for example? (the best piano sound I heard in an arranger so far) or it is close to Tyros2 or Tyros3 (the worst so far...)

Also, I like the sax sound in Tyros2 (I think is the only sound I like in this keyboard and will miss it so much). How is it in Audya? (both Roland and Korg sound so fake to me)

Thank´s again and hope I become an Audya owner very soon!

Kind Regards
Jo

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online