SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#34242 - 08/14/09 07:06 AM XD3 questions
vin5451 Offline

Loc: Wellington, Fl USA
I have some basic accessibility questions about the XD3 module.

I understand there are buttons to control and bring up specific screens within the module, but when a screen comes up does the cursor move to the first top left item of the screen, or does it land on the last selected item? When navigating through the screen with cursor keys, does it stop at the top when moving up and bottom when moving down or does it just loop back around?

I like the fact the unit has the ten F buttons around the screen to select specific items (voices). It's method is similar to the Tyros and PA80 (units before the touch screen) methods.

If the cursors wrap, does anyone know of a particular software package which will perform the editing functions from a computer? I did find one which got into voice and MIDI File editing, but not much with the arrangements (Styles and accompaniment) section.

I read the posts about the SD2 editor bing developed and that's great, but want to go a bit higher level on the module with styles and accompaniment within like the XD3.

Regards,
Vince

------------------
Vince Mistretta

#34243 - 08/26/09 02:02 PM Re: XD3 questions
mc Offline

Loc: New York
the only software that will work with the xd9 is the file transfer program. I don't believe that there is any editing functions software for the older models. the SD2 has one since there are no buttons on the unit.

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online