SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#342224 - 03/16/12 04:02 PM Ajamsonic impressions ...
Jerry T Offline

Loc: Phila. 'burbs, Pa. USA
I have not, in the past, joined the discussions regarding what arranger brands sound ‘best’. I don’t declare allegiance to brands. I’ve been playing long enough to have some appreciation for what sounds good. I’ve owned or played most of the arranger keyboards and /or modules available. Currently, I think that Ketron has the best live sound, vital for a one-man-band act. I was aware that the Audya was an improvement to what I thought was an acceptable Midjay Plus sound. I wanted to try the Audya but there are no dealers in my area so, I took a drive to Delaware and spent an afternoon in AJ’s workshop. The Audya is indeed a great sounding instrument. I was impressed, but I was totally blown away by the same instrument with the Ajamsonic upgrade - Especially the drums! Not only do they sound live, the drums of the new arrangements had nuances and touches that a proficient drummer normally includes in his playing. The same can be said for the other instrument sounds that AJ “altered”; guitars, trumpets etc. IMHO, AJ took a very good sounding instrument and improved it so that it actually sounds like you are being accompanied by a live band and not just a close facsimile of a live band.
Ciao,
Jerry

#342235 - 03/16/12 05:17 PM Re: Ajamsonic impressions ... [Re: Jerry T]
Dnj Offline

Jerry good news.....I have been to the lab many times thru the years muyself and its always a great experience to spend time with Prince AJ.....glad you had fun..hope to hear more demos etc..

#342254 - 03/17/12 10:38 AM Re: Ajamsonic impressions ... [Re: Dnj]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: Dnj
Jerry good news.....I have been to the lab many times thru the years muyself and its always a great experience to spend time with Prince AJ.....glad you had fun..hope to hear more demos etc..

In the end every arranger is a compromise..

The Audya has perffect styles, but its solo instruments are not on par anymore with Pa3X and T4. They still sound good, but the DNC, naturall acoustic and SA2 voices just allow more natural sounds.

http://keyszone.boards.net

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online