Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#342245 - 03/17/12 07:18 AM Re: Music video with my new Pa3x [Re: rikkisbears]
vagro Offline

Loc: Argentina
Originally Posted By: rikkisbears
Hi Victor,
I think it is a Vangelis. Reminds of the music from the movie 1442? but whether it is , can't be sure.

You are correct, I've already checked it out on YouTube.
Thank you for watching Rikki.

Korg Pa3x 61 - Mediastation X76 - Yamaha Psr s900 - Korg Tr61 - Roland PK5A - NanoKontrol - Ensoniq SQ1 - Yamaha D85 organ

#342259 - 03/17/12 11:29 AM Re: Music video with my new Pa3x [Re: vagro]
vangelis Offline

Loc: FLORIDA

Vagro, great performance , no warnings needed!
do you use the Mediastation mainly for VST sounds? or were you able to do anything with the styler all these years?

#342265 - 03/17/12 12:56 PM Re: Music video with my new Pa3x [Re: vagro]
Ensnareyou Offline

Loc: California
Hymne by Vangelis off of the album Opera Sauvage. Extremely popular song used in numerous movies, tv, and ad campaigns. If you listen to the original the orchestration is very intricate and played entirely by Vangelis himself. He's a rare breed in that he composes, plays, produces, and records every instrument himself.

#342274 - 03/17/12 03:08 PM Re: Music video with my new Pa3x [Re: vangelis]
vagro Offline

Originally Posted By: vangelis

Vagro, great performance , no warnings needed!
do you use the Mediastation mainly for VST sounds? or were you able to do anything with the styler all these years?

Thank you!
I use the Mediastation as a workstation to play Giga sounds, Vst, Mp3, videos and the connection center for all my instruments via usb. Never used the styler, it was very unstable, slow responsive to chord changes unable to use nowadays arranger's amazing voices like Mega or Dnc. In short very frustrating, the arranger section was not for me. I haven't seen anyone being really succesful on working with the styler in any demo all these years either. By chance I found in the web James (Sharp in the Korg forum) sold his Mediastation last year. He was very enthusiastic about it at first, don't know what happened later.

Korg Pa3x 61 - Mediastation X76 - Yamaha Psr s900 - Korg Tr61 - Roland PK5A - NanoKontrol - Ensoniq SQ1 - Yamaha D85 organ

#342275 - 03/17/12 03:11 PM Re: Music video with my new Pa3x [Re: Ensnareyou]
vagro Offline

Originally Posted By: Ensnareyou
Hymne by Vangelis off of the album Opera Sauvage. Extremely popular song used in numerous movies, tv, and ad campaigns. If you listen to the original the orchestration is very intricate and played entirely by Vangelis himself. He's a rare breed in that he composes, plays, produces, and records every instrument himself.

Yes, then my brain mixed up the work of Vangelis!!

#342276 - 03/17/12 03:13 PM Re: Music video with my new Pa3x [Re: Ensnareyou]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Ensareyou

Thank you,
I think I got it mixed up with Conquest of Paradise from the movie 1492. ( got the year wrong too, haahaa)

My favourite Album of his was Antarctica. Nearly wore that CD out. haahaa

Originally Posted By: Ensnareyou

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#342282 - 03/17/12 04:30 PM Re: Music video with my new Pa3x [Re: vagro]
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Hi Victor,
Awesome keyboard setup.
I enjoyed watching you master the controls of your musical space ship to create that impressive sounding orchestral soundtrack.
Thanks for sharing. - Scott smile

#342353 - 03/19/12 12:31 PM Re: Music video with my new Pa3x [Re: Scottyee]
vagro Offline

Originally Posted By: Scottyee
Hi Victor,
Awesome keyboard setup.
I enjoyed watching you master the controls of your musical space ship to create that impressive sounding orchestral soundtrack.
Thanks for sharing. - Scott smile

Thank you Scottyee. Some people like simple things, I like it complicated. Actually it all started because I wanted an organ and found out they weren' t imported to my country. The option was an arranger (still called portable organ here) an I acquired an used Psr 1500. It got me amazed and when I decided to upgrade (BECAUSE OF YOUR FAULT FOLKS) there was no tyros or psr 3000 available so I bought a Korg Tr which was a complete different machine and I wanted to mix its sounds with the psr1500. Using a Roland pedalboard I made my first "homemade organ". Later I bought the Pa500 and also did the same thing to integrate it to the set up. The original idea was a two manual organ but I found it easier to "fill" the gap betwen keyboards using an extra loose keyboard (the MS keys in this case) So I created the spaceship you know. I suppose I'll be upgrading the arrangers along the time.

#349290 - 08/18/12 11:09 PM Re: Music video with my new Pa3x [Re: vagro]
Mark79100 Offline

Loc: USA
Vagro (or anyone here)....do you know where I got this mp3 from? I was just listening to it today. I seemed to have downloaded it (or recorded it off YouTube) on 08-12-12. I thought I got it in this thread, but mine doesn't start with a "whistle."

The recording I have here, I think is a work of art....pretty melody and a very tasty arrangement and orchestration...one of the best I've heard on the PA3x.

this is my own text for the mp3 (but maybe I notated it wrong?):

title: Scissors Cut by Vagro (SynthZone)

#349291 - 08/18/12 11:46 PM Re: Music video with my new Pa3x [Re: Mark79100]
Mark79100 Offline

Loc: USA
OK....I found it! This is really a pretty song. And, Victor, you did a great job “feeling” the song and simulating the instruments and making them sound real. I’d swear that was Kenny G playing!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=478rhKGidTU

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online