SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#341897 - 03/12/12 05:06 PM For Fran: Two Songs I Performed on Roland G70
KeyBTyros Offline

Loc: The Netherlands

#341902 - 03/12/12 07:11 PM Re: For Fran: Two Songs I Performed on Roland G70 [Re: KeyBTyros]
dralion Offline

Excellent performances. Under your hands, the G1000's nylon guitar sounds surprisingly good to me.
Thanks for posting. Tango D'Amour is one of my favorite song,

#341905 - 03/12/12 08:17 PM Re: For Fran: Two Songs I Performed on Roland G70 [Re: dralion]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Rico...a super job...When you started to play the first song ..it reminded me of a favorite of mine "my kind of girl"...I do not recall the tune you played, but you did a great job...in fact I didn't hear a single glitch.. smile

On the Tango, again played well...I think the G1000 could stand on it's own without the added G70 smile

Try the same song with the right hand tones being the "Steel Guitar 2"..and the "Soft Accordion"...They were two of my favorite sounds on the G1000..

I tried to not name the brand in this post. grin

Again... fine job... clap

#341934 - 03/13/12 12:22 PM Re: For Fran: Two Songs I Performed on Roland G70 [Re: KeyBTyros]
Fran Carango Offline

Rico, I recorded this jam (OMB jam) smile
I wanted you to hear the Steel Guitar2 and the Soft accordion...I think I like these patches because the first band I played in (early 60's)..we had drums (he used brushes), upright bass, sax, Guitar/banjo , and accordion...

These guys were in their 40's/50's, and I was 18...Playing with great players at an early age was a great privilege...

Thus maybe that is why I put this recording on my website..It does remind me of olden days...

http://francarango.homestead.com/XFER.html

#341935 - 03/13/12 12:31 PM Re: For Fran: Two Songs I Performed on Roland G70 [Re: dralion]
KeyBTyros Offline

Hi Dralion

Thank you verry much for ypure nice reply

Greetings Rico wave

#341936 - 03/13/12 12:44 PM Re: For Fran: Two Songs I Performed on Roland G70 [Re: KeyBTyros]
KeyBTyros Offline

Hey Fran,

Thank you verry much for youre nice reply's
Realy sweet
I like old music because i think thats the best there is there are also new nice songs but the old stuff is in my opinion realy good and the best there are a lot of young people who like the old stuff
and verry nice to play i wil bring something more in the future its nice to hear that some of you sing and play songs that i also realy like verry much i am a real fan of dean i like his music
its simple when you hear a old song most of the time the music is so verry nice and good i realy love that
Btw fran verry nice music on youre site i listen to it and you did a great job i understand what you mean with the accordion and steel guitar that are realy great sounds
Greetings Rico i speak to you soon :)) wave

#341981 - 03/14/12 07:47 AM Re: For Fran: Two Songs I Performed on Roland G70 [Re: Fran Carango]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Fran Carango
Rico, I recorded this jam (OMB jam) smile
I wanted you to hear the Steel Guitar2 and the Soft accordion...I think I like these patches because the first band I played in (early 60's)..we had drums (he used brushes), upright bass, sax, Guitar/banjo , and accordion...

These guys were in their 40's/50's, and I was 18...Playing with great players at an early age was a great privilege...

Thus maybe that is why I put this recording on my website..It does remind me of olden days...

http://francarango.homestead.com/XFER.html

Nice job Fran....those scats sound so real....enjoyed it.

#341989 - 03/14/12 09:04 AM Re: For Fran: Two Songs I Performed on Roland G70 [Re: KeyBTyros]
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Rico,
Enjoyed your Roland keyboard playing along to commercial backing tracks. smile
As usual, your performance is both expressive and polished, and this as well as your YouTube channel Videos
showcase an advantage of 'playing along' to a backing track vs arranger 'auto accompaniment mode' playing:
the ability to free 'both' hands to play what 'you' like, and not locked into having to play only specified chord voicings to trigger auto accompaniment chord recognition all the time.

Fran, thanks for posting as a comparison, the demo of you 'playing along' to a 'commercial' backing track as well. smile

Scott

#341996 - 03/14/12 09:19 AM Re: For Fran: Two Songs I Performed on Roland G70 [Re: Scottyee]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Fran ... was that medley on a 'commercial backing track' ?

#341997 - 03/14/12 09:21 AM Re: For Fran: Two Songs I Performed on Roland G70 [Re: KeyBTyros]
Dnj Offline

whats the difference if it was a backing track?

#342022 - 03/14/12 01:18 PM Re: For Fran: Two Songs I Performed on Roland G70 [Re: Scottyee]
Fran Carango Offline

Originally Posted By: Scottyee
Rico,
Enjoyed your Roland keyboard playing along to commercial backing tracks. smile
As usual, your performance is both expressive and polished, and this as well as your YouTube channel Videos
showcase an advantage of 'playing along' to a backing track vs arranger 'auto accompaniment mode' playing:
the ability to free 'both' hands to play what 'you' like, and not locked into having to play only specified chord voicings to trigger auto accompaniment chord recognition all the time.

Fran, thanks for posting as a comparison, the demo of you 'playing along' to a 'commercial' backing track as well. smile

Scott

So much for the experts here... grin

No it was not a"commercial" backing track.....it wasn't even a non-commercial track...In fact it was not a track..other than the same old argument that "Styles" are snippets of midi files..

Tony, I know you knew it was "live" arranger smile

It was as I stated a spontaneous "jam " of one...I used a converted Korg style on the G70 (Roland).. grin

#342036 - 03/14/12 03:45 PM Re: For Fran: Two Songs I Performed on Roland G70 [Re: Scottyee]
KeyBTyros Offline

Dear Scott,
Thank you verry much for youre nice comment
wave
I hope when youre ipad comes that you are happy
Speak to you soon
Regards Rico

#342037 - 03/14/12 03:48 PM Re: For Fran: Two Songs I Performed on Roland G70 [Re: Fran Carango]
KeyBTyros Offline

Hi Fran,

I sure did liked the style if you have it available
i would sure like to try it out
because its sounded verry verry nice
Greetings Rico
wave

#342038 - 03/14/12 03:57 PM Re: For Fran: Two Songs I Performed on Roland G70 [Re: KeyBTyros]
Fran Carango Offline

Originally Posted By: KeyBTyros
Hi Fran,

I sure did liked the style if you have it available
i would sure like to try it out
because its sounded verry verry nice
Greetings Rico
wave

Rico, here it is...

Attachments
PX-Jazz4T.zip (1 downloads)

#342040 - 03/14/12 04:06 PM Re: For Fran: Two Songs I Performed on Roland G70 [Re: Fran Carango]
KeyBTyros Offline

Hey Fran,

Thank you verry much i wil let you know
i am now putting it on a floppy
regards Rico wave

Btw THat was Fast

#342051 - 03/14/12 07:00 PM Re: For Fran: Two Songs I Performed on Roland G70 [Re: Dnj]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By: Dnj

... personally I couldn't care less, but considering the fact that it was a medley of tunes, I did not think it was a track, so I asked ... Inquiring minds want to know ... grin

#342125 - 03/15/12 03:58 PM Re: For Fran: Two Songs I Performed on Roland G70 [Re: tony mads usa]
Fran Carango Offline

Originally Posted By: tony mads usa
Originally Posted By: Dnj

... personally I couldn't care less, but considering the fact that it was a medley of tunes, I did not think it was a track, so I asked ... Inquiring minds want to know ... grin

Tony here is the Korg style converted to G70..converted to KN 6000/6500...Let me know what it sounds like on the KN via the path .... smile

Attachments
Jazz style.zip (28 downloads)

Edited by Fran Carango (03/15/12 03:59 PM)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online