SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#341777 - 03/10/12 06:35 PM Re: MicroArranger on It's First Gig [Re: hammer]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Very nice setup. How is the top attached to the Rock 'n Roller cart?
Probably better you didn't record this gig. We can wait till you have had a chance to tweak the keyboard to better suit what you want.

#341778 - 03/10/12 06:40 PM Re: MicroArranger on It's First Gig [Re: hammer]
Dnj Offline

Deanne if you moved the Bose compacts up a few inches could you attach the tower extension speakers also?

#341779 - 03/10/12 07:05 PM Re: MicroArranger on It's First Gig [Re: Dnj]
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
Nigel,
I have two clips on each end of the table that clips on to the rails of the
cart. Works pretty well. I have two places I play where they have me play in different locations for an hour each. This makes it real easy to unplug and go.

You are right, I have done some customizing but not much because I am still in a steep learning curve with the keyboard. I'll give it a go Monday and see what I get. I don't mind sharing - I'am not trying to make a professional album - just helping others get an idea about the keyboard.

Donny,
I usually use the towers - thought I'd try without today. Monday I'll use both towers because it was a little hard to hear myself today - I had the built-in speakers turned off.
Deane

Edited by hammer (03/10/12 07:07 PM)

#341787 - 03/11/12 12:16 AM Re: MicroArranger on It's First Gig [Re: hammer]
john smies Offline

Loc: koudekerke, Holland.

5. Most of the KMA styles/performances need tweaking for gigs - RH lead sounds are not always what you expect and accompaniments often are not balanced with the RH lead voice.
6. Big Band Styles are not very good - see #5 above.
7. Waltz styles are lacking - simple waltz styles are needed.

Hi Deane,

Does the aforesaid include having incorporated any amount of my 2012 Resources which you received and were very positive about ?

regards,
John

#341799 - 03/11/12 09:32 AM Re: MicroArranger on It's First Gig [Re: Dnj]
synerjim Offline

Loc: CA
Oh, ok thanks Dnj.

SD90,Korg I3, KMA Liverpool,TC Helicon Play Electric, Fender Sonoran Guitar, vArranger, Bose S1 Pros, Bose L1 Compact, Aiwa Exos-9

#341804 - 03/11/12 10:34 AM Re: MicroArranger on It's First Gig [Re: hammer]
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
Hi John,
What I have done is load all the factory presets and replaced some of them with your resources. It is indeed a work in progress and far from complete. I wanted to give it a try on a gig and I am very pleased with the gig results. And as I have mentioned before the work you have done through the years has produced a very good product. For me it has been a major step forward in just learning how to get some performances setup, saved, and then used on a gig.

Because I entertain only at places where people's ages range from 60ish all the way to 100 the type of music I play demands a certain "flavor and styling" which the more modern keyboard styles don't fit. Another way of putting it is they like the "old fashioned music" where the melody stands out and the sounds are realistic. Just about anything that contains distorted guitars or gets extremely loud sends them running for the doors. So, I am constantly in search of quality styles, for any keyboard I own, that have a nice "swing" to them without becoming to loud or busy.

The Big Band styles are much to busy and the accomp interferes with the melody lines. So far I have not found any big band styles or performances, including the factory stuff that I can use. Perhaps as I learn more I can adjust them and get what i need from them - that would be great.

I listen to all kinds of music and have auditioned ALL the various genres of styles. There is a lot of VERY GOOD stuff both in your resources and in the factory stuff. For my gigs I can't use a lot of it though. But - that is not meant to mean I do not think they are good.

#341806 - 03/11/12 11:58 AM Re: MicroArranger on It's First Gig [Re: hammer]
john smies Offline

Loc: koudekerke, Holland.

....The Big Band styles are much to busy and the accomp interferes with the melody lines. So far I have not found any big band styles or performances, including the factory stuff that I can use. Perhaps as I learn more I can adjust them and get what i need from them - that would be great......

Hi Dean,

Glad to hear things went pretty well on your first Micro gig and that my resources have contributed modestly towards it. As to your remark above, I always wonder why folks simply do not turn one or two accompaniment tracks off, or lower the volume of two or more, I mean you can get as basic as you get. Doing things vice versa, as you had to with Yamaha in the past is a lot more complicated !!!

kind regards,
John

#341829 - 03/11/12 05:50 PM Re: MicroArranger on It's First Gig [Re: hammer]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Deane,
found the same thing with my PA800, I didn't like the waltz styles.
I think I did a couple or so for my PA800.
I'll try converting them for you. Likelyhood of them being useable is probably ZILCH, butI'll give it a go. Only takes a couple of minutes, as I have no way of tweaking them for you.
Worst case scenario ,if they don't work, just chuck them. haahaa

Originally Posted By: hammer

7. Waltz styles are lacking - simple waltz styles are needed.

Deane

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#341842 - 03/11/12 07:32 PM Re: MicroArranger on It's First Gig [Re: rikkisbears]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Deane,
sorry, please ignore my offer.
M current version of EMC won't convert PA800 to PA50/80 format.
My data just dissapears. Don't know if it's a bug or just not backward compatible.
Up until I updated last week, converting to PA3X, my data was doing same thing, just dissapearing. Looks like that bug at least, may have been fixed.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#341845 - 03/11/12 09:29 PM Re: MicroArranger on It's First Gig [Re: john smies]
jamman Offline

Loc: City of Angels in the golden s...
[quote=john smies]
.. As to your remark above, I always wonder why folks simply do not turn one or two accompaniment tracks off, or lower the volume of two or more, I mean you can get as basic as you get. Doing things vice versa, as you had to with Yamaha in the past is a lot more complicated !!!

kind regards,
John[/quote). The problem some times is in bass line in variations (in some cases) and turning off/lowering the volume doesn't help.we need more simple styles (3rd party or well converted ones) support in Korg arrangers in 8/16/ballad/dance /swing catagories and less on hip hop /modern catagories.another examples that I found is (like I said above) dance category(over done/busy bass lines thru variations) which are more apparent when you do chord changes related to that particular styles and they don't go well. Some are very song specific with riff repeating acc track ( 1/8 note simple piano / or bass line backing becames very busy in 2nd and 3rd variations doing extra riffs in 7th and 8th bars.There is also MAny song specific styles -with MJ' Billie jean, Santana's Smooth, Macarena,Lambada, etc, ).what I see with KMA is since it's affordable ,it will follow Psr's path,( many users, more people writing styles ,covering better ones, more 3rd party styles later even though it's the technology from 2001.

Edited by jamman (03/11/12 09:48 PM)

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online