SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#341790 - 03/11/12 07:51 AM Re: Just Ordered the iPad 3 (64 Gb with Wifi & 4G LTE) [Re: Irishacts]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
The first half of his video was fine...after viewing the second half, I agree with James...typically ...an Apple owner smile

#341791 - 03/11/12 08:36 AM Re: Just Ordered the iPad 3 (64 Gb with Wifi & 4G LTE) [Re: Irishacts]
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Scott,

Nice purchase, the HD display is fabulous.

Originally Posted By: Irishacts
Not knocking your purchase, I'm just pointing out the fact that I'm typing this message on a Acer W500 Windows 7 Tablet PC. It cost me less than an iPad and it does everything a PC can which is infinitely more than an iPad could ever do.

Apple have a rough time ahead of them. Windows 8 will be the cause of that.

Regards
James.

James what is the battery life of the Acer before a charge is needed? I don't think anyone can beat Apple's 10 hrs.

Nice to have competition in the Tablet World, actually surprised there isn't more quality tablets to choose from. Prices are high, but they keep on selling, so....

Larry

#341794 - 03/11/12 09:00 AM Re: Just Ordered the iPad 3 (64 Gb with Wifi & 4G LTE) [Re: lahawk]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
10 hours...I wish my android would get 10 hours...I wish it would get 5 hours...I wish it would get 3 hours.. frown

I do keep bright screen on ..all the time and it does have 250g drive...so I will have to settle on under 3 hours...I would never gig with it...without plugging in AC adapter..

#341805 - 03/11/12 11:30 AM Re: Just Ordered the iPad 3 (64 Gb with Wifi & 4G LTE) [Re: Scottyee]
miden Offline

Loc: The World
fwiw, I had an iPad 1, sold it went to the Acer W500 W7 version, and yes it does do what James says it does...nowhere near the display clarity when using on stage as the iPad, evn less so than on iPad2...plus with teh "add-on" touch driver, I found it quite laggy in response when using in real-time on stage.

I may go back IF there is any performing software for PDF charts that is better than Music Reader (VERY clunky and glitchy compared to the iPad apps). And MR seems to be the ONLY app for Windows that actually is more than a glorified PDF reader..Whereas with the iPad there are perhaps 20 really GOOD ones.....

Fran, I get 10.35 hours from a full charged iPad 2, tested and confirmed (MAX I got from the 1, was 8.95)...I have display at 80% which on the iPad you still almost need sunnies..it is that bright....imagery is so crystal clear..

I can FULLY understand anyone with an iPAD 1 going to the 3, but for mine, it is not worth the effort to go from 2 to 3. I will wait for 4..
Essentially the only difference is the inclusion of the Retina display...and I have looked at really HIGH res images of comparisons, and yes it is better on iPad 3 -v- 2, but only marginally...

And yes it DOES come with a bigger processor, but ALL the benefits of that are used up in powering the new display...Speed of apps, and redraws etc etc, are all pretty much on par with the 2.

No better battery life, as the new quad processor and Retina display take up what additional life WOULD have been available from the supposedly improved battery on the iPad 3.

And there MAY be charts somewhere that "spin" the i3 specs, but THEY are achieved using highly sensitive "digital" testing procedures... and a few milliseconds, in real term usage NO-ONE will even see...they may IMAGINE they see it simply because the Apple marketing says so.....

So for me...the iPad 3 is SO close to the iPad 2 as to be not really worth it...

I, like James, am waiting on the full release of W8..which REALLY looks the biz....and if it IS, and MS develop a webstore with similar pricing policies to Apple....well I think Apple will THEN have a battle on it's hands, and Android will go the way of the Dodo!!

Dennis

PS: I really should do up a video demo of my iPad 2 using Unreal book, automatically selecting ANY one of 9999 songbook listings on the PA2xPro, the second I select the chart on the Ipad!!!

Talk about the IDEAL tool setup for live performance...at any gig at the touch of a button, I have not only the correct chart loaded, but also the fully setup PA2 just waiting to play it form the Song Book library listing of 9,999 entries...whether it be a style, backing mp3, or backing midi...complete with all live play sounds and vocal setups fully loaded...takes about, oh .5 of a second!!!! And ALL controlled by simply selecting a chart listing on the iPad...Sweet!!!!

#341816 - 03/11/12 03:00 PM Re: Just Ordered the iPad 3 (64 Gb with Wifi & 4G LTE) [Re: Scottyee]
KeyBTyros Offline

Loc: The Netherlands
OOOO Scott Thats Amazing Man, The top of the line IPAD
I Hope You have a great time with it, i think that wil work out
I wil speak to you soon on a video conference on youre new ipad with our talented music friends
Congratulations
Rico wave

#341820 - 03/11/12 03:35 PM Re: Just Ordered the iPad 3 (64 Gb with Wifi & 4G LTE) [Re: miden]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: miden
PS: I really should do up a video demo of my iPad 2 using Unreal book, automatically selecting ANY one of 9999 songbook listings on the PA2xPro, the second I select the chart on the Ipad!!!

Talk about the IDEAL tool setup for live performance...at any gig at the touch of a button, I have not only the correct chart loaded, but also the fully setup PA2 just waiting to play it form the Song Book library listing of 9,999 entries...whether it be a style, backing mp3, or backing midi...complete with all live play sounds and vocal setups fully loaded...takes about, oh .5 of a second!!!! And ALL controlled by simply selecting a chart listing on the iPad...Sweet!!!!

Dennis, Yes, please do a video demo very impressive by your description.

#341855 - 03/12/12 05:56 AM Re: Just Ordered the iPad 3 (64 Gb with Wifi & 4G LTE) [Re: KeyBTyros]
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Originally Posted By: KeyBTyros
OOOO Scott Thats Amazing Man, The top of the line IPAD
I Hope You have a great time with it, i think that wil work out
I wil speak to you soon on a video conference on youre new ipad with our talented music friends
Congratulations
Rico wave

Thanks Rico. smile
I'm really excited. I esp look foward to trying out 'remote' video Skype on the iPad making it possible to voice and/or video Skype with Sz friends from "any place" with WiFi or 4G LTE, and @ fast broadband speeds, and this includes the entire region (San Francisco Bay Area) where I live.

I Just checked my new iPad 3 online order, and it shows mine's already on its way to me with FedEx tracking showing it in Ontario, California now and scheduled for delivery to me on the official iPad launch day: this Friday (3/16th). cool
I admit I haven't been this excited since I ordered my Tyros 4.

btw: I've justed learned that all new iPad pre-orders are now completely sold out, and that all new orders placed today will now take 2-3 weeks to ship. frown

Scott

#341862 - 03/12/12 09:48 AM Re: Just Ordered the iPad 3 (64 Gb with Wifi & 4G LTE) [Re: Scottyee]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: Scottyee

I Just checked my new iPad 3 online order, and it shows mine's already on its way to me with FedEx tracking showing it in Ontario, California now and scheduled for delivery to me on the official iPad launch day: this Friday (3/16th). cool
I admit I haven't been this excited since I ordered my Tyros 4.

btw: I've justed learned that all new iPad pre-orders are now completely sold out, and that all new orders placed today will now take 2-3 weeks to ship. frown

Scott

New iPad Sales Estimates and Delivery Dates

#341888 - 03/12/12 02:50 PM Re: Just Ordered the iPad 3 (64 Gb with Wifi & 4G LTE) [Re: Scottyee]
leezone Offline

scott

you get the white or black one?

i wish they made a silver gunmetalcolor, aluminumish

to differentiate the ipad "3"

enough of this white and black

#341890 - 03/12/12 03:20 PM Re: Just Ordered the iPad 3 (64 Gb with Wifi & 4G LTE) [Re: leezone]
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Originally Posted By: leezone
scott
you get the white or black one?

Black of course. smile
because I think a white border distracts from the viewing screen.
I gotta agree that a 'gun metal' color would have added a nice new iPad color option that I would have seriously considered. cool

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online