SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#341578 - 03/07/12 05:01 PM Audya the most inspiring keyboard I've plaied
Christian_1 Offline

Hi all,
Well, my problem with the double sound has been resolved now. I had to set the global RX MIDI channel to 1 and then it worked with my Audya 4.
I've read about problems people have had with this instrument, but except for this I've had no other issues and its working as it should and I am going to order the 2011 styles and sound upgrade.
I get inspired when I play it and I have no regrets that I bought this instrument.
Just wanted to tel that I am happy with mine!
Christian

#341600 - 03/08/12 02:06 AM Re: Audya the most inspiring keyboard I've plaied [Re: Christian_1]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Christian

I am happy that you have your problem resolved, and happier yet that you find the Audya inspiring.

I know you gathered all available information to make a decision on which board to buy, considering special needs.

Good luck,

Bernie

#341602 - 03/08/12 04:44 AM Re: Audya the most inspiring keyboard I've plaied [Re: Christian_1]
NiteLife Offline

Loc: Cape Coral, Florida USA
" INSPIRED "

That is the KEY word for me also.

#341623 - 03/08/12 11:12 AM Re: Audya the most inspiring keyboard I've plaied [Re: NiteLife]
vin5451 Offline

Loc: Wellington, Fl USA
Bernie and NightLife,

My interest was peaked in this line when first introduced but the price turned me away. Then reading all the posts here about support and reliability issues took me more away from looking at the Audya.

I do have to say that listening to demos and vids of this line, I would be completely inspired also, but the above draws me back. I too am in the same situation as Christian - a sightless player who has been looking for a board which moves me. I have had the Tyros, G-70 and now the T3. The only one so far which moved me was the G-70 but the touch screen made me finally give up on it because I couldn't perform general maintenance tasks without sighted help. The G-70 was my best experience also because of the76 key layout.

My questions to both of you are since you both live in Florida as I do, what support do we have down here? You both are on the West side and I'm on the East. No one that I know of carries these boards locally except for one Mail Order shop in town which has no show room and not sure if they even have decent support since they're like Musicians Friend and ZZounds. Are there dealers with support on the West side of Fl?

As a sightless player, reliability is important. I want to be able to turn on my board and play and not worry about it not booting up since I can't read the screen to tell me what may be the problem. I do, however, love the live sounds of the arranger and that's what I desire. I also had been comparing to PA3x, but again the Touch Screen comes into play. I think I could be inspired with the PA3x also - more so than any of the earlier PA line, but it again comes back to Ketron and the Audya because of its ease of navigation by someone like Christian and myself.

Although, at this time, there is no way I can afford a 76-key Audya, (nor any of it's line) even after selling off a T3 and a Motif XS7, I am interested to know more on it's performance and reliability and especially the available support so maybe at a later time, I may be able to obtain one.

Best,
Vince

#341625 - 03/08/12 11:58 AM Re: Audya the most inspiring keyboard I've plaied [Re: Christian_1]
Tonewheeldude Offline

Hi Christian. I'm glad your enjoying the Audya, the feeling you get from playing this instrument is certainly hard to describe until you have one for a few hours. Its not only the live elements in the style, but the sounds themselves are 'true' and instead of the sense your playing a digital keyboard, I personally feel that it is a true musical instrument, just like a vintage Rhodes, TW Hammond or Acoustic Piano - all propper instruments that give something back to the player.

And Vince, as long as people stick to their own country there shouldn't be any problems with support...Its so worth buying local even if it means paying a bit more; The issues start the moment you give your credit card details to a retailer in a foreign land just to save a few $$.

#341629 - 03/08/12 01:18 PM Re: Audya the most inspiring keyboard I've plaied [Re: vin5451]
Christian_1 Offline

Hello Vince,
Nice to see you on here!
I know what you mean about support and for us, we may need to get more help in the beginning.
I have had the Audya 4 now for one and a half week and now when I am able to play it, I like it more and more!
If you are interested, I can send you the Audya manual in Word format. I asked Ketron about it and they sent it to me.
I have already learned how to record a wave file, use the wave player, use the voicetron, change reverb on the microphone input, change style parts.
So I think this will be a very interesting instrument to play with.
I have also plaied the G-70, E-80 and Pa800 and like you, couldn't use that much of it due to that touch screen.
I also plaied the Tyros 4, but well, Audya is a winner at least from my opinion.
Just let me know if you want to know something and I'll do my best to help you!
Christian

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online