SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#341416 - 03/05/12 05:09 AM What SD card will work on Korg PA50SD
Henni Offline

Loc: South Africa
I've now tried 5 different SD cards, one 4 GB and four 2GB cards. None works. Before I spend more, will someone please tell me exactly which type works for them.

My Korg is brand new, I doubt that this is the cause of the problem.

This is so frustrating to me as I have so many styles to try out....

Henni

#341436 - 03/05/12 10:12 AM Re: What SD card will work on Korg PA50SD [Re: Henni]
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
Henni,
Format the card on you PC. If that fails to work format the
card on the keyboard. I have the MicroArranger and have used cards from 512 MB up to 32 gigs and they all have worked. I did not have to format them to get them to work. Some came from my Canon camera and they worked too. All I did was copy files from my computer to the card and insert the card in to the keyboard.

Keep us updated.

Deane

#341438 - 03/05/12 10:16 AM Re: What SD card will work on Korg PA50SD [Re: hammer]
Henni Offline

Hi Deane,

'Fraid it's not so simple for the Pa50. I've tried all of that to no avail.

I'm hesitant to buy another card until I'm sure it will work. And I'm so frustrated. I have so many new styles and I can't do a thing with these.

Thank you for your feedback,

Henni

#341441 - 03/05/12 11:35 AM Re: What SD card will work on Korg PA50SD [Re: Henni]
hammer Offline

Henni,
this is from the PA50SD manual.
SUPPORTED CARDS
You can use the following types of cards to save or load data
to and from the Pa50SD’s internal memory:
• SD (High Speed, Ultra II, SDHC)
• MMC
• MicroSD with an SD adapter
• MiniSD with an SD adapter
Note: Before you can use the SD/MMC card, you must format it on
the Pa50SD. Don’t use your computer or digital camera to format
(initialize) a card you plan to use with the Pa50SD. If the card was
formatted on a different device, it may not work correctly with the
Pa50SD
Note: The SD/MMC card is not included. It must be purchased
separately.
Note: The Pa50SD supports SD cards with a power supply voltage
of 2.7–3.6V"

Hope it helps.

Deane

#341442 - 03/05/12 11:48 AM Re: What SD card will work on Korg PA50SD [Re: hammer]
Henni Offline

Hi Deane,

I saw that. However, I find no reference of voltage on any of the cards I've bought. I'll take a pic of the ones I have and post here for all to see. They include SD, SDHC & MMC.

I'll bite the bullet again & buy another card in the morning. I'll keep you posted. It seems as if I can have most of the Pa80 styles working in my Pa50.

I'm really impressed in what I've received compared to what I've paid. I'm a staunch Yamaha fan, but the distortion guitars on some of the Korg styles just blows my mind. And I want more of those,PERIOD!

Keep well my friend,

Henni

#341484 - 03/06/12 06:47 AM Re: What SD card will work on Korg PA50SD [Re: Henni]
hammer Offline

Henni,
In the post here about the PA500 SD card trouble it was mentioned that the older SD cards work - not the SDHC newer cards.

Good Luck,
Deane

#341619 - 03/08/12 09:36 AM Re: What SD card will work on Korg PA50SD [Re: hammer]
Henni Offline

Hi all,

Bought a 2GB Scandisk card as per the supplied pic in the Pa500 thread. It works!!!

I went through most of the add on styles on the web. Some are excellent!!! For half the price of what I paid new for my PSR3K, it feels as if I bough a Tyros 4. The sounds on the Pa50SD are much, much better than on my PSR3k.

I am elated. I owned a korg i3, i5 & i30 before and I'm once again becoming a great Korg fan. It is superb value for money.

Tx for all the help,

Henni

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online