SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#341430 - 03/05/12 09:11 AM Rock Guitarist Ronnie Montrose Dies at 64 !
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...

San Francisco Bay Area Rock guitarist legend,Ronnie Montrose, who formed the classic 70's hard rock band "Montrose" (with hits that included: Rock the Nation, Bad Motor Scooter, Space Station #5) has died. He was also a legendary sideman for Sammy Hagar, Herbie Hancock, Van Morrison, Boz Scaggs, and the Edgar Winter Group, on a number of classic rock albums like: Van Morrison's Tupelo Honey & Saint Domenic's Preview, and Gary Wright's "Dream Weavear", which are among my personal 'all time' classic rock favoirites. Ronnie's memory will live on thru his music. RIP Mr. Montrose.

In addition to that, on another note, we in the San Francisco East Bay were awakened early this morning (5:33am) by a 4.0 earthquake (4.0). eek

#341437 - 03/05/12 10:13 AM Re: Rock Guitarist Ronnie Montrose Dies at 64 ! [Re: Scottyee]
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Not that familiar with him, but if he worked for Herbie, Boz and Edgar, he was a monster...

He made his mark on the industry, for sure.

Russ

#341465 - 03/05/12 10:10 PM Re: Rock Guitarist Ronnie Montrose Dies at 64 ! [Re: Scottyee]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
That is so very sad. I am very aware of Ronnie's contributions to music. What a loss. The one credit I didn't know about is Tupelo Honey by Van Morrison. That is my favorite Van Morrison album.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online