SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#341354 - 03/03/12 05:08 PM Re: Demos JS 2012 Resources for Korg Micro [Re: DonM]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Don...exactly my same thoughts wink

#341364 - 03/03/12 06:35 PM Re: Demos JS 2012 Resources for Korg Micro [Re: john smies]
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
Hey Don,
The E50 is mountains above my little KMA. I have to agree with Fran - the OS on the KMA is a real pain in the butt to use. I am enjoying it though because it gives me something different to fool around with between gigs. I have never really dug into any of the OSs of the keyboards I have owned so this is a new adventure for me. Besides - for the price you can't lose. Fran is correct on another point. The factory sounds of the KMA need a lot of tweaking to be stage ready. I found that to be the case with my PA1x and the PA2XPro as well. I was also looking around for a software program that would edit or help organize performances and styles on the Korg but I am told there are none. Go figure. I'll have to get to Shreveport and try out your PA3X.

Deane

#341366 - 03/03/12 07:27 PM Re: Demos JS 2012 Resources for Korg Micro [Re: hammer]
FransN Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Originally Posted By: hammer
Hey Don,
The E50 is mountains above my little KMA. I have to agree with Fran - the OS on the KMA is a real pain in the butt to use. I am enjoying it though because it gives me something different to fool around with between gigs. I have never really dug into any of the OSs of the keyboards I have owned so this is a new adventure for me. Besides - for the price you can't lose. Fran is correct on another point. The factory sounds of the KMA need a lot of tweaking to be stage ready. I found that to be the case with my PA1x and the PA2XPro as well. I was also looking around for a software program that would edit or help organize performances and styles on the Korg but I am told there are none. Go figure. I'll have to get to Shreveport and try out your PA3X.

Deane

You mean something like http://www.wavextractor.com to organize your styles? I don't know if this program is compatible with the Micro Arranger.

Edited by FransN (03/03/12 07:29 PM)

#341369 - 03/03/12 08:40 PM Re: Demos JS 2012 Resources for Korg Micro [Re: hammer]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Originally Posted By: hammer
Hey Don,

Deane

Come on over Deane. I would welcome your opinion on the sound.
DonM

#341371 - 03/03/12 10:40 PM Re: Demos JS 2012 Resources for Korg Micro [Re: DonM]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Careful Deane,
you may end up catching the "I wanna PA3X", bug. It's spreading. haahaa

Originally Posted By: DonM

DonM

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#341377 - 03/04/12 02:40 AM Re: Demos JS 2012 Resources for Korg Micro [Re: john smies]
Bernie9 Online   content

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
I agree with Deane in that the OS is a pain, and I am also trying to learn it. I have learned from Kurzweil that when you have a very deep architecture, it follows that you have many more paramiters to deal with.

If I ever succeed, I will have a very rewarding sound. I think Korg has been underrated by some due to the conplexity, but once learned, it will have been worth it.

Rikki, I think you are right.

Bernie

#341379 - 03/04/12 04:42 AM Re: Demos JS 2012 Resources for Korg Micro [Re: rikkisbears]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: rikkisbears
Careful Deane,
you may end up catching the "I wanna PA3X", bug. It's spreading. haahaa

Originally Posted By: DonM

DonM

Deane, careful is RIGHT!!

I went to demo one at Frankieve's store. This week I purchased one and have been playing it for the last 3 days! It's a much improved machine over the Pa2x JMO. I didn't have enough time to tweak it for this afternoon's gig so my other favorite the T4 comes with me.

Looks sweet sitting atop the Tyros4 too cool

#341380 - 03/04/12 05:20 AM Re: Demos JS 2012 Resources for Korg Micro [Re: Stephenm52]
john smies Offline

Loc: koudekerke, Holland.

Come on guys, this is what is called hi-jacking a topic !!!! smile smile

But while you are at it, as you may recall I purchased a PSR900 a couple of months back and it is sitting on top of my PA800, vying for its place with the Micro. I think the OS of Yamaha if you are a newbie is at least as frustrating as the Korg one. And compare to the later Korg models with touchscreen the Yammies are a living nightmare..........
Could we get back on topic again, please ? Thank you.

regards,
John

#341382 - 03/04/12 06:02 AM Re: Demos JS 2012 Resources for Korg Micro [Re: john smies]
Tony Hughes Offline

John,

Pray tell me what is wrong with the Tyros 4, it plays like hell just out the box, have we become a nation of meddlers and tinkerers messing about with things, fine tuning, supercharging are we never satisfied with anything, if you buy a BMW you can have it chipped, more power, some people might say why don't BMW chip it if you can get more out, but it comes at a price.

Why are we never happy, don't the manufactures get it right, are you trying to convince the World that you can make it sound better, or make it sound how you want it to sound. If you are making it sound better why arn't you and others like you working for Korg or Yamaha, Ketron, Roland.

I am not been funny John, I am just hellishly confused as to what we are doing.

John, I am sure you will have an answer.

Am I on or off topic???

Tony
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#341388 - 03/04/12 07:48 AM Re: Demos JS 2012 Resources for Korg Micro [Re: john smies]
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
Hi Tony,
Speaking only for myself I gig almost on a daily basis for the same general audiences playing the same old 100 or so songs - usually by request. New things break up the boredom and for me expands my knowledge base as to what is happening in the arranger world.

As for my little KMA I am very pleased with it for what it is and what it was advertised to be - no more, no less. I did not expect it to compete with the TOTL products from any manufacturer.

For now I am enjoying my way through John Smies' offerings and learning how to be a "Korgie".

Deane

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online