SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#341302 - 03/03/12 12:23 AM Demos JS 2012 Resources for Korg Micro
john smies Offline

Loc: koudekerke, Holland.

Many of you have meanwhile heard about my new set of Musical Resources for the Korg Micro Arranger. I am pleased to inform that as from today you can download/audition several sets of demos that I have recorded for you on the Micro Arranger with my 2012 Resources installed.

Please bear in mind that having heard these you will only have auditioned a very small portion of the total package of resources on offer, including hundreds of new performances, styles sounds and explanatory manuals into the bargain. Please also bear in mind that I am not a very gifted musician myself and these recordings have purely been made to give you an idea as to what’s on offer.

To do full justice to the sound quality of these recordings it is recommended you audition them through a good set of monitors or, alternatively, download them and listen through your HiFi set. For full details see my webpages :
http://pasounds.intropagina.nl/page-7--korg-micro-arranger.html

The demos can be downloaded and/or auditioned here:

http://www.box.com/s/y8fepgrja9l57d1npmpv
http://www.box.com/s/i9auvvr0c6h10m3ggsor
http://www.box.com/s/0bcvy3gcxy1rp7fgko75
http://www.box.com/s/mlh2ngm4j2dr7eee2tdo
regards,
John Smies

P.S. these Resources will also function properly on PA50 , PA80

#341303 - 03/03/12 12:36 AM Re: Demos JS 2012 Resources for Korg Micro [Re: john smies]
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
no disrespect intended but i dont know what is actually being demoed hear. I cant say whether what i am hearing is not already a set up on the PA instrument and so i cant compare what John has done to what already exists on any of the PA products that are out there.

I dont mean to be disrespectful and i dont think i am being disrespectful. What is supposed to be the selling point of your resources if there is no comparrison to what ever you changed your resources to from ???

I dont get it John. Its a tough sale to make John.

Just my Honest Opinion

#341305 - 03/03/12 12:46 AM Re: Demos JS 2012 Resources for Korg Micro [Re: spalding1968]
Tony Hughes Offline

Spalding's got a point John, if you were selling cars at least you could take a test drive side by said, I think you have a problem here and hear and ear, you know what I mean. I think all people selling things like this will have a problem, if you are giving it away, people would just download and perhaps use it. Anyway good luck with your new venture.

Tony
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#341306 - 03/03/12 12:50 AM Re: Demos JS 2012 Resources for Korg Micro [Re: spalding1968]
john smies Offline

Hi Spalding,

You were very quick to answer. Well if you don't like what you hear in these demos changes are small you are going to like the Micro at all.
I do not intend to set myself yet another task of demoing the factory presets. Donny did so a while back, and others who have the Micro are invited to do so if they like. ( Bernie, Tim, Deane, Scott, etc). But all I can say is that what you are hearing here ( apart from my rather poor playing techniques) is pretty different from what you hear out of the box. Small wonder as I programmed on it for hundreds of hours and tweaked virtually everything. Upper sounds, styles, effects, etc.etc.
That's all I can say for now. I hope those who have meanwhile gotten my Resources will comment in this thread during the next few days. These are the replies that I got from Deane and from Bernie:

Hi John,
"....I wanted to send along a little note telling you how much I am enjoying your keyboard setups. I have loaded most of the material and have found dozens of outstanding sounds, styles, and performances that will fit well into my gig requirements. I also downloaded just about everything I could find from the Korg Forum download area and have also loaded your three resource disks from the PA80 section. All in all they are really great. I hope Korg knows who you are and listends to your ideas - they certainly should....." (Deane)

"...Hi John
I have been through some of your programs and like a lot of your work. Eventhough you are working with a Korg impeded person, with your help we will eventually get this whipped into shape. As I told you, I am set up with the first offering, and before I go through anymore and marking they're location, I had better bite the bullet and start reloading with your instructions......"

regards,
John

#341316 - 03/03/12 05:12 AM Re: Demos JS 2012 Resources for Korg Micro [Re: john smies]
john smies Offline

Sorry Tony I had overlooked your entry.

First let me say this. I am not a Korg salesman and personally I do not care what people buy as long as they are happy. Hence it is not for me to win anyone over to buy a Korg or Yamaha. I do offer my software ( at a token price Tony, which will be confirmed no doubt by some of those who have already got it) to those who have or are interested in the Micro.
If you have a Micro you might want to consider splashing out 25 euros if you know it is money well spent. That for starters is a personal thing. I realize that any demo will fall short of the full contents of my extensive progamming, also see comments from a fellow countryman below.
I have no desire to start comparing my programming on the Micro which spans four years with the factory presets. If you are happy with them or think you can do okay yourself, why bother ? On the other hand if you think that you could get a lot of musical improvement, inspiration and programming techniques by using my software , you are most welcome.

From a Dutch fellow musician who ordered the Micro Resources a week ago I got the following comments as regards the demos, which might be telling..............(the reply was in Dutch but it was okay with him to translate it and post it here as well:

Hi John

When I heard your demos it struck me that I was much less impressed with your arrangements as I was actually using your sets on my Micro. Because your performances and all the changes that you have brought about widely exceed the factory sounds, styles and performances.Without any doubt !
However the demos do not bring out the difference and sound a lot like any average keyboard.

I have no idea as to why cause I wish lots of folks would acquire your programming for that token amount, considering the superb added value your programming has given my Micro. I sincerely recommend your programming to any Micro owner who will find it hard to believe how you have brought out the expressiveness of the Micro.

Music is something one must undergo. And the best way is realtime behind your own Micro Arranger
I for one have a great time behind the Micro, using your sounds and inspiring styles.Keep up the good work, John!

Sincere Greetings,
Auk
e.

#341317 - 03/03/12 06:26 AM Re: Demos JS 2012 Resources for Korg Micro [Re: john smies]
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
There is nothing to like or not like John. The demos just sound like someone having fun with their Korg arranger. In fact it could have been any arranger . Thats the point really. Anyway good luck but if you have spent hundreds of hours tweaking the resources to get them to sound much better than the factory sounds (in your opinion) then surely its worth a couple more hours demoing you resources so that at least people can hear for them selves the improvement .

Best wishes

Worth

#341319 - 03/03/12 07:00 AM Re: Demos JS 2012 Resources for Korg Micro [Re: john smies]
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
I thought I would jump in here. I own the KMA - the out of the box setups are not all that great but do have tons of potential. Like the PA1X and the PA2XPro I also owned, many of the RH lead sounds(called programs on the Korgs) really suck and do not sound anything like the sound created by a top pro player. I spent roughly $33.00 and John sent me, via download, literally thousands of styles, performances, and programs that date back as far 2002 - things he developed over the years as a Korg PA owner. I am totally satisfied with my purchase and his work does indeed add sound quality to the KMA!!

By the way, the little KMA is one of the neatest toys I have bought in a long time. I am having a complete ball with it and am pleased with my purchase of it too.

Deane

Edited by hammer (03/03/12 07:03 AM)

#341325 - 03/03/12 08:54 AM Re: Demos JS 2012 Resources for Korg Micro [Re: hammer]
FransN Offline

Loc: Netherlands
As a former user of a Korg PA50 and PA500 I can say that the resources of John are sounding great. They are indeed sounding much better then many of the factory performances.

#341350 - 03/03/12 05:00 PM Re: Demos JS 2012 Resources for Korg Micro [Re: FransN]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
I also found John's work interesting...I only tried the first bank, but thought he did a good job on edits...

I still am not a fan of Korg's antique OS.. smile

Sure you can get use to it...but why would you want too..

I did not like the PA800 after owning one for a month or so..The effects blocks were the main short coming, not allowing total use with the Mic routed...Very poor design..as the PA80...

I do understand Korg re designed the PA3x effects blocks...Did they?

BTW: The MicroArranger sounds, and mini keys...finally gave mine a new owner.. smile I rather carry the 5 times heavier G70..with all in one design..and a much better sound source, with editing features that are still unmatched..and 76 great keys smile

PS: My final impressions of the BK5...too entry level, and not stage friendly enough..same results as the MicroArranger....Not a winner for me.. smile

DonM...you could have made life a little easier for me...and did the trade grin

#341352 - 03/03/12 05:05 PM Re: Demos JS 2012 Resources for Korg Micro [Re: john smies]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Fran, I've been too busy to think about changing anything else right now. I've worked 20 out of the past 22 nights straight. Not complaining, mind you, but I haven't even brought the keyboard home during this time.
The E50 is still a great little keyboard. I may part with it, but I'm in no hurry, and I feel it's more valuable to me than a mini-Korg would be.
DonM

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online