SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#341238 - 03/01/12 04:58 PM Re: Pa500 arrives, now to get to work... [Re: john smies]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia

Hi John,
sorry John, contest over what??
I don't sell performances, sounds or even styles. We're hardly in any sort of competition.
The styles that I do share, I've usually done specifically for a forum member or for myself because there isn't a suitable one on the keyboard .
I offer to share, just in case they may be of use to someone else. Out of the 500 times or so they've been download, 499 times they may have been chucked out as being of no use Don't know, don't care, I had fun doing it in the knowledge I was trying to help someone out.

Really don't know how this thread got so out of context, my original warning was only to be wary about loading a resources file (bkp) backup file
from possibly a p800 to a pa500.
Your initial PA800 resources file back in dec2010 ( on Korg Forums) was a .bkp file only. I loaded it into my PA800 and it overwrote all my user styles, my commercial sounds & samples, etc etc. AS I do backups & save all's of my keyboards regularly, I was able to restore it back thru a .bkp file back to my own settings. Being able to pick & choose individual items to load at that stage was not recommended by you, hence I don't use your stuff.

Look forward to hearing your new demo's. As my pa800 is only a spare keyboard nowadays, I can afford to load in stuff that I couldn't before.
Originally Posted By: john smies

Hi Rikki,

Why are you making this into a kind of contest ?
I am releasing my Micro Demos over the weekend and will also invite those who already use them to give their comments.
In my view too many people overvalue the number of styles they can have and too few treasure the value of good registrations/performances. Korg owners know full well the differences between a BKP file and the so-called All.set files, I presume.
So let's just leave it at that for now if that's okay with you ?!

smile smile smile
regards,
John

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#341248 - 03/01/12 10:02 PM Re: Pa500 arrives, now to get to work... [Re: CoasterTim]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Rikki has sent me several styles that I have used to good advantage. Thanks again!
If I ever get a miniKorg, I'll try John's stuff.
DonM

#341256 - 03/01/12 11:26 PM Re: Pa500 arrives, now to get to work... [Re: DonM]
john smies Offline

Loc: koudekerke, Holland.

....Your initial PA800 resources file back in dec2010 ( on Korg Forums) was a .bkp file only. I loaded it into my PA800 and it overwrote all my user styles, my commercial sounds & samples, etc etc. AS I do backups & save all's of my keyboards regularly, I was able to restore it back thru a .bkp file back to my own settings. Being able to pick & choose individual items to load at that stage was not recommended by you, hence I don't use your stuff.....

Hi Rikki,

The above mentioned is probably the reason why this thread got slightly off topic. As I mentioned nowadays I provide all folks with dual files , that is a BKP file and a folder with seperate files, enabling you to integrate single elements. I have even written a short manual about it as how to proceed. The Micro by the way is not familiar with BKP files but works differently, in fact harking back to the days when the PA50 still operated without an SD card. But as users will be able to testify I have coconcted extensive manuals etc. of how to proceed.
Incidentally you talk about my 2010 resources for the PA800. Apparently you have not got my recent and much better 2011/2012 resources for the PA800 which come in dual form, BKP and seperate files. As you feel you have room to manoeuvre with your current PA800 I will send them to you for free, looking forward to your appraisal overhere in time.

Tomorrow I will upload approx. 20 minutes of DEMOS that I played on the Micro.

regards,
John

#341281 - 03/02/12 02:00 PM Re: Pa500 arrives, now to get to work... [Re: DonM]
rikkisbears Offline

Hi Don,
thanx, ok , so there's now 2 of us using them . haahaa
Originally Posted By: DonM
Rikki has sent me several styles that I have used to good advantage. Thanks again!
If I ever get a miniKorg, I'll try John's stuff.
DonM

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#341282 - 03/02/12 02:09 PM Re: Pa500 arrives, now to get to work... [Re: john smies]
rikkisbears Offline

Thanx John,
look foward to hearing the demo's.

May still be a few days before I can afford to load your files into PA800, I'm still going thru process of transferring missing PA800 styles to PA3X . There were a lot more than I expected. Made a bit more difficult when they have same name, but new style.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online