SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#341043 - 02/28/12 11:29 AM TheWolf making a SZ comeback... in his style(?)
TheWolf Offline

Loc: Finland

Alrite ya fruity bas[*******automatic censor, please use appropriate wording*******]

Ok new try. I decided to come back and check sh... stuff out. I understand my old (and very dear) friend Scott posted one of my recent.. ehm.. performances here for you to .... ehm.. "enjoy", and ok. I got no problem with that I'm not gonna fake who I am, I like to get tanked after a hard day at work and share my fun, who doesn't.

Back to the topic though, I got the Tyros4 about as soon as it was released, been gigging with it like an as... as anyone who would have a T4. Of course. I've been immensely content with all it has to offer, and my dear SynthZone friends I can promise you I will be posting a lot of live stuff for you to check out. I always play live and real time auto-accomp on my gigs, with no SMF/MIDI backings whatsoever.... so.. what better way to make my welcome than to completely deviate from this with some REAL GENUINE BONA-FIDE karaoke-smf-midi-shiznit-backing performance: my latest episode of DRUNK KARAOKE (warning, may contain profanity as usual) ----------> Quando Quando!!!!

IT'S GOOD TO BE BACK :DDDD

#341044 - 02/28/12 11:47 AM Re: TheWolf making a SZ comeback... in his style(?) [Re: TheWolf]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
I don't know why....but I like this guy grin

#341045 - 02/28/12 11:52 AM Re: TheWolf making a SZ comeback... in his style(?) [Re: TheWolf]
TheWolf Offline

Special price for you (SZ member lover or hater) here's a good one hour fifteen minutes of live shiznit from last summer on a Tyros4 (AND MY GUITARIST):
http://82.203.210.89/temp/HienotKaverit_LIVE_20.8.2011_Helsinki.mp3

Ok I know the vocals are mostly in Finnish, but hey you can still make out the songs. No prob.

GET IT WHILE YOU CAN! laugh Dunno when my web server will be shut down wink

Edited by TheWolf (02/28/12 11:58 AM)

#341051 - 02/28/12 12:59 PM Re: TheWolf making a SZ comeback... in his style(?) [Re: TheWolf]
TheWolf Offline

forgot to say, just rigght click and "save target as" if ya want that on your hard dick.

real treat for any Shadow guitar types out there, at 00:52:35 !! Live with Tyros4 60'sGuitar pop style & my guitarist.

EDIT: and yea in response to the recent thread here about using the expression pedal... after listening to this set anyone will realize it's really essential!

Edited by TheWolf (02/28/12 01:08 PM)

#341055 - 02/28/12 02:02 PM Re: TheWolf making a SZ comeback... in his style(?) [Re: TheWolf]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Get the hook!

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#341064 - 02/28/12 05:31 PM Re: TheWolf making a SZ comeback... in his style(?) [Re: Fran Carango]
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
Originally Posted By: Fran Carango

Hahaha, me too. He is very entertaining. Good singer!

I'd like to get Mr. Quando Quando down here with my beer-drinkin' buddies and show him what rednecks can do. I hope he likes alligators and cotton mouths and skeeters. And beer.

Mr. Wolf, you may not realized this... but I think there might be an audience for your act. No lie. People love to see a train wreck. You have a charming one. And you can sing!

#341066 - 02/28/12 06:13 PM Re: TheWolf making a SZ comeback... in his style(?) [Re: TheWolf]
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Originally Posted By: TheWolf
here's a good one hour fifteen minutes of live shiznit from last summer on a Tyros4 (AND MY GUITARIST):
http://82.203.210.89/temp/HienotKaverit_LIVE_20.8.2011_Helsinki.mp3
Wolfman Heikki dude buddy. smile
Yep, I fondly recall that live recording of that gig you did with Henka (guitarist) last summer. clap
In addition to your solid performance of the well known american classics, I especially admire your terrific authentic rendition of the Finnish classics like:

Salattu suru
Kaksi Kitaraa
Yolintu

Thanks for your loyal longtime friendship & support & introducing me to Finnish Iskelma music (from: Topi Sorsakoski, the Agents, Yolintu, Jorma Kääriäinen, etc) and to Finnish culture as well. I love the uniquely minor & very expressive sound of this music. As you already know, I've even added a couple of the songs you taught me (incl. Solenzara "finnish" version) to my act. It's all good !

- Scott cool

ok folks: Since Heikki's now let the cat out of the bag with Quando Quando, here's another drunk Karaoke session he did last week (while his wife was away): grin
Ok, Profanity is already given, so at this point, I suppose no more warnings are really needed when it comes to the Wolf's posts or his music.
Proceed at your own Risk ! LOL

Scott

#341069 - 02/28/12 08:48 PM Re: TheWolf making a SZ comeback... in his style(?) [Re: TheWolf]
Scottyee Offline

Originally Posted By: travlin'easy
Get the hook!
Hi Gary, smile
Not sure what you meant, but if 'get the hook' means you want the profanity removed or that Heikki be banned (again), please read on:

Whatever Nigel decides to do (it's up to him of course):
leave the thread as is, remove certain words he deems offensive, or the entire thread, or ban Heikki altogether again,
here's my take on the use of profanity in his posts, as well as in some of his associated music.

I honestly don't think he uses it to intentially denigrate or hurt anyone, but that it's a Tourettes Syndrone tic mannerism in his speech pattern.

Believe it or not, in Finland, profanity is looked upon as more or less an acceptable part of everyday speech.
See Wikipedia's description of Finnish Profanity.

Heikki admits that it's the influence of 'American' blockbuster movies like the Godfather & Goodfellas,
as well as the popular (albeit irreverent) 1990's American comedy team, The Jerky Boys, (wikipedia description) that he picked up this style of NY American English. shocked

You might ask: How do I feel about profanity on our forum?
First of all, I realize there's already lots of profanity being freely expressed everywhere on the internet (including major news & media websites). That won't change.
If parents are afraid their children are being exposed to something questionable,
then the parents should make a point of supervising their children whenever possible and/or install internet parental controls.
It might not be a perfect plan, but it's better than censorship (freedom of speech), of which I cherish.

That said, I find Heikki's videos entertaining and hope they aren't removed.

Scott cool

#341070 - 02/28/12 10:05 PM Re: TheWolf making a SZ comeback... in his style(?) [Re: Fran Carango]
Tony Hughes Offline

Simple Fran, because he can sing duel

Tony
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#341073 - 02/29/12 12:07 AM Re: TheWolf making a SZ comeback... in his style(?) [Re: Tony Hughes]
Tony Hughes Offline

I stopped drinking 8 years back, but I still can't sing drink
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#341079 - 02/29/12 07:36 AM Re: TheWolf making a SZ comeback... in his style(?) [Re: TheWolf]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: TheWolf
forgot to say, just rigght click and "save target as" if ya want that on your hard dick.

real treat for any Shadow guitar types out there, at 00:52:35 !! Live with Tyros4 60'sGuitar pop style & my guitarist.

EDIT: and yea in response to the recent thread here about using the expression pedal... after listening to this set anyone will realize it's really essential!

Good to see you back, Wolfie....you certainly have a way with presentation. wink

Very good singing, and yes, the expression pedal is vital for me to express emotion in my music...I guess that's why it is called an "expression" pedal. wink

Ian

Ian

#341083 - 02/29/12 08:49 AM Re: TheWolf making a SZ comeback... in his style(?) [Re: TheWolf]
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
To: The Wolf: Awesome

Great voice, enjoyed the T-4 guitar combo.

Unless you were on Satleiite Radio, or HBO, many of your 'words' would be 'beeped' out by the so called Good Guy Moral Censors in the U.S. Just wouldn't be the same, like watching Joe Pesci and "Goodfellas" on 'regular' TV.

"You mean, let me understand this … cuz I … maybe its *beep* me, maybe I’m a little *beep* up maybe. I’m funny how? I mean funny, like I’m a clown? I *beep* amuse you? I make you laugh? I’m here to *beep* amuse you? Whattya you mean *beep* funny? Funny how? How am I funny?"

On Expression:
I tried using an expression pedal on a PSR-3000, but it was a Technics Expression/Volume (confused) pedal, and the results were poor. The level of volume was not a smooth graduation of volume, like a B3 pedal, but rather more of a "jerky" type movement. Could be the wrong type pedal?

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#341085 - 02/29/12 09:11 AM Re: TheWolf making a SZ comeback... in his style(?) [Re: TheWolf]
travlin'easy Offline

Scott,

Maybe it's me, but I just don't think there is a place for profanity in music--period! I, personally, don't believe it serves a purpose, I don't think it does anything, other than maybe provide a bit of shock value. But, if you need shock value to sell the song, then that doesn't say much for the singer or the song, does it. Now, Wolfe has good vocal qualities, no doubt about it. I can only imagine how wonderful the song would sound without the profanity and booze.

As for profanity being acceptable in Finland or having something to do with Tourettes, NAH! Keep in mind that I worked in the medical field for many years and encountered lots of Tourettes patients and not one that I came in contact uttered a single word of profanity. That's BS at best. As for the masses in Finland accepting profanity as a normal part of everyday speech, that sure wasn't the case when I was there. Maybe things were different then, but I sincerely don't their social values have changed that much to consider profanity as acceptable speech. The vast majority of the people I met in Finland were kind, considerate, extremely polite and well spoken individuals. I hope to go back there one day in the not too distant future.

Gary cool

Edited by travlin'easy (02/29/12 09:12 AM)

#341086 - 02/29/12 09:18 AM Re: TheWolf making a SZ comeback... in his style(?) [Re: Fran Carango]
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway

Simple Fran, that's because he is a real Viking, oh well, a Finnish Viking I mean. rocker
100% Real Vikings are Norwegians. dance2

Anyway, I happen to like him a lot too. smile

Heikki,
I might take a trip to Finland in not to long, so watch out for a big dancing bear on the floor in front of you. laugh

Cheers
GJ

#341089 - 02/29/12 10:10 AM Re: TheWolf making a SZ comeback... in his style(?) [Re: TheWolf]
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
I agree with Gary that the profanity isn't necessary. His doesn't bother me, it's part of his schtick in these videos. But, I'll admit, I would enjoy his singing as much without it. Even if he acted drunk. Or was drunk. The Dean Martin of Finland!

I kind of equate this to my opinion of Hank Williams III. Believe me, I am no prude, by any stretch. After all, I like The Wolf! But anyway, Hank III, in my opinion he just looks ridiculous (or sounds ridiculous) with his over-the-top profanity and I'm-such-a-bad-ass-hell-raiser nonsense. He is SO freakin' talented. His country music is to die for. He's ten times better than his daddy and even better than his grandpa in some ways, and has the best pickers I've ever heard. It's alt-country at its best. But I doubt he will ever lose the profanity and badassness. He thinks that makes him who he is. And he may have a point. But I'd rather see him act more normal. He could reach a thousand times more people with his talent if he'd just behave more.

#341090 - 02/29/12 10:11 AM Re: TheWolf making a SZ comeback... in his style(?) [Re: Gunnar Jonny]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
I REALLY LIKE WOLFE! He's sort of the Adult 2012 version of Dean Martin (sings as well, I think) and my old friend, Foster Brooks.

And, from a profanity standpoint, he's no worse that the average act coming through thru the local comedy club.

Hidden in the persona is not only a great singer, but a person of outstanding taste when I comes to style and tune selection.

Sorry if it offends some, but we're all "big kids" here.

GOOD STUFF! An entertaining, talented dude, for sure.

Russ

#341098 - 02/29/12 12:33 PM Re: TheWolf making a SZ comeback... in his style(?) [Re: travlin'easy]
RC Offline

Loc: Pa Usa
Gary
I don't care for the profanity either but it dosen't bother me. If you want a real shock just go to you local mall and sit and listen to the kids today walking around , talk about profanity !!!!!!!

#341100 - 02/29/12 01:29 PM Re: TheWolf making a SZ comeback... in his style(?) [Re: RC]
travlin'easy Offline

Originally Posted By: RC
Gary
I don't care for the profanity either but it doesn't bother me. If you want a real shock just go to you local mall and sit and listen to the kids today walking around , talk about profanity !!!!!!!

Unfortunately, RC, you're right about the kids at the mall. I look at them and say to myself "Just think, they are the future of America. This country is really in trouble." It also makes me glad I can climb aboard my boat and sail away from them. If I could do something to change them, I would do so, but I obviously cannot. At least I raised my two children and taught them mannerism--something the kids at the mall seem to lack. Most of these children are the product of unwed mothers, and parents that care about nothing but themselves. It's a sad state of affairs.

Gary cool

#341101 - 02/29/12 01:32 PM Re: TheWolf making a SZ comeback... in his style(?) [Re: RC]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Originally Posted By: RC
Gary
I don't care for the profanity either but it dosen't bother me. If you want a real shock just go to you local mall and sit and listen to the kids today walking around , talk about profanity !!!!!!!

RC, I agree with you. I hate going to a public place especially when I'm with my lovely 8 year old daughter and people (mostly teens) are using profanity. I often (non- aggressively) confront these profane people and remind them that there are young children and individuals around who find such language as vulgar, inappropriate and offensive.

As far as "The Wolf" goes he is very talented. I'd prefer his music without profanity, but I appreciate that he warns us that they will be profanity and alcohol use in his videos. That way I know not to play his music if my daughter is around.

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#341162 - 03/01/12 02:55 AM Re: TheWolf making a SZ comeback... in his style(?) [Re: TheWolf]
KeyBTyros Offline

Loc: The Netherlands
Hi Heikki,

Ive Listen to you music mp3
Verry nice i like youre music,
It seems we have a lot incommen because i sing the same music
like dean elvis sinatra buble etc....
good old stuff
I didnt know you where away but welcome back
Regards Rico wave

Edited by KeyBTyros (03/01/12 02:56 AM)

#341168 - 03/01/12 04:10 AM Re: TheWolf making a SZ comeback... in his style(?) [Re: montunoman]
PraiseTheLord Offline

Loc: N Fort Myers, FL, USA
Thank you Gary for standing up for good values and speaking out. Our society constantly pushes the boundary of what is good and decent, and gradually new standards evolve as people, in a desire to be seen as tolerant and understanding, accept it and do not push back.

It sounds like Wolf's talent does not need the profanity to shine through (I didn't watch it, thanks to his warning), it's a shame he does not know that he is better than that. I lived in Finland for two years and did not experience the profanity described.

Graham

#341173 - 03/01/12 07:10 AM Re: TheWolf making a SZ comeback... in his style(?) [Re: PraiseTheLord]
lahawk Offline

I think we sometimes forget when we were young (or were in the Navy) and used the same kind of language as kids today. In fact most adults still curse, only we have learned to control it. I suspect kids today will go through that same cycle, and our Country will survive.

Do you think JFK, and Ronald Reagan cursed as a kidS? (and as adults)? We can survive "bad" words...it's the bullets that hurt.

Larry

#341184 - 03/01/12 08:00 AM Re: TheWolf making a SZ comeback... in his style(?) [Re: lahawk]
captain Russ Offline

Do I think he would be good without the X rated language? SURE, but that and the whiskey make up this particular persona. And, you gotta admit, it's different and, to some, entertaining.

Don't like it...don't listen.

Kind of reminds me of Tom Waits, one of my all-time favorites.

"Howl on", Wolf!

R.

#341185 - 03/01/12 08:03 AM Re: TheWolf making a SZ comeback... in his style(?) [Re: TheWolf]
Scottyee Offline

I communicate with several Synthzone members on Skype and
one member told me he was really upset by the profanity in Heikki's
videos, and then went on to say how "f@cking digusting" it was
that I posted the Wolf's videos on Synthzone.
Wow . . talk about the height of hyprocrisy! eek2 grin

#341186 - 03/01/12 08:07 AM Re: TheWolf making a SZ comeback... in his style(?) [Re: Scottyee]
Tony Hughes Offline

Scott,

Can I have three guesses!!! rotf2

#341188 - 03/01/12 08:23 AM Re: TheWolf making a SZ comeback... in his style(?) [Re: lahawk]
Tony Hughes Offline

Originally Posted By: lahawk
I think we sometimes forget when we were young (or were in the Navy) and used the same kind of language as kids today. In fact most adults still curse, only we have learned to control it. I suspect kids today will go through that same cycle, and our Country will survive.

Do you think JFK, and Ronald Reagan cursed as a kidS? (and as adults)? We can survive "bad" words...it's the bullets that hurt.

Larry

Well said Larry rocker

#341192 - 03/01/12 08:54 AM Re: TheWolf making a SZ comeback... in his style(?) [Re: lahawk]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By: lahawk

Larry

I don't doubt that most of us have used 'bad' language in our lives - especially in the military service - but I would never talk like that in front of my parents and now kids talk that way to their parents ...

I watched a comedian on cable tv the other night and he was as funny as anyone I've ever heard without using one 'bad' word ...

There is obviously an audience for this type of 'entertainment' and I don't have to watch or listen ...

#341196 - 03/01/12 09:01 AM Re: TheWolf making a SZ comeback... in his style(?) [Re: TheWolf]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I only use bad language when I play golf, which, when spelled backwards, is Flog. #@!&*

DonM

#341201 - 03/01/12 09:11 AM Re: TheWolf making a SZ comeback... in his style(?) [Re: DonM]
captain Russ Offline

That's what I'm talkin about, Mason....HEE HEE!

R.

#341204 - 03/01/12 09:22 AM Re: TheWolf making a SZ comeback... in his style(?) [Re: TheWolf]
travlin'easy Offline

A growing number of comedians seem to think the more they drop the "F" bomb on the audience, the funnier they are. I disagree. No comedian was funnier than Bill Cosby. He had a way with him that was incredibly humorous and NEVER, to my knowledge, used any profanity at all during any performance.

How about Johnny Carson, Jonathon Winters, Don Rickles, Milton Berle, professor Irwin Corey, George Burns, Jackie Gleason, Tim Conway, Lily Tomlin, Mel Brooks, Tim Allen, and a huge number of others that provided us with years of wonderful laughter till tears ran down our eyes. These people, in my opinion, were true comedians.

Cheers,

Gary cool

#341206 - 03/01/12 09:45 AM Re: TheWolf making a SZ comeback... in his style(?) [Re: travlin'easy]
captain Russ Offline

As a freedom of expression advocate, I lean towards as much expressive freedom as possible; even to the extent of risking slight offenses to some.

Creative efforts; even sometimes questionable ones, need to be nurtured.

This guy has talent. He is free to express it however. and we're each free to like it or not...listen to it or ignore it.

Different strokes, for sure.

R.

#341207 - 03/01/12 09:52 AM Re: TheWolf making a SZ comeback... in his style(?) [Re: TheWolf]
captain Russ Offline

BTW-isn't it GREAT that we can discuss things; even slightly controversial things...things we disagree on, like adults; make our points with class and intelligence, without rudeness and insults?

Obviously Gary and I are at odds on this one, but that, I trust, has nothing to do with changing a multi-year friendship I value.

SEE FOLKS-IT'S NOT THAT HARD!

R.

Edited by captain Russ (03/01/12 09:58 AM)

#341219 - 03/01/12 12:48 PM Re: TheWolf making a SZ comeback... in his style(?) [Re: travlin'easy]
lahawk Offline

Originally Posted By: travlin'easy
A growing number of comedians seem to think the more they drop the "F" bomb on the audience, the funnier they are. I disagree. No comedian was funnier than Bill Cosby. He had a way with him that was incredibly humorous and NEVER, to my knowledge, used any profanity at all during any performance.

How about Johnny Carson, Jonathon Winters, Don Rickles, Milton Berle, professor Irwin Corey, George Burns, Jackie Gleason, Tim Conway, Lily Tomlin, Mel Brooks, Tim Allen, and a huge number of others that provided us with years of wonderful laughter till tears ran down our eyes. These people, in my opinion, were true comedians.

Cheers,

Gary cool

Johnny Carson and company were NOT ALLOWED to curse on TV...our government censored them. That may be more of a problem than some swear words.

On the flip side, George Carlin would not have been the funniest guy in the world if he didn't use the 7 words you can't say on TV. It just wouldn't be the same

I agree with Russ...civil discussion about a topic that have many opinions is a good thing. To each his own.

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online