SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#341206 - 03/01/12 09:45 AM Re: TheWolf making a SZ comeback... in his style(?) [Re: travlin'easy]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
As a freedom of expression advocate, I lean towards as much expressive freedom as possible; even to the extent of risking slight offenses to some.

Creative efforts; even sometimes questionable ones, need to be nurtured.

This guy has talent. He is free to express it however. and we're each free to like it or not...listen to it or ignore it.

Different strokes, for sure.

R.

#341207 - 03/01/12 09:52 AM Re: TheWolf making a SZ comeback... in his style(?) [Re: TheWolf]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
BTW-isn't it GREAT that we can discuss things; even slightly controversial things...things we disagree on, like adults; make our points with class and intelligence, without rudeness and insults?

Obviously Gary and I are at odds on this one, but that, I trust, has nothing to do with changing a multi-year friendship I value.

SEE FOLKS-IT'S NOT THAT HARD!

R.

Edited by captain Russ (03/01/12 09:58 AM)

#341219 - 03/01/12 12:48 PM Re: TheWolf making a SZ comeback... in his style(?) [Re: travlin'easy]
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Originally Posted By: travlin'easy
A growing number of comedians seem to think the more they drop the "F" bomb on the audience, the funnier they are. I disagree. No comedian was funnier than Bill Cosby. He had a way with him that was incredibly humorous and NEVER, to my knowledge, used any profanity at all during any performance.

How about Johnny Carson, Jonathon Winters, Don Rickles, Milton Berle, professor Irwin Corey, George Burns, Jackie Gleason, Tim Conway, Lily Tomlin, Mel Brooks, Tim Allen, and a huge number of others that provided us with years of wonderful laughter till tears ran down our eyes. These people, in my opinion, were true comedians.

Cheers,

Gary cool

Johnny Carson and company were NOT ALLOWED to curse on TV...our government censored them. That may be more of a problem than some swear words.

On the flip side, George Carlin would not have been the funniest guy in the world if he didn't use the 7 words you can't say on TV. It just wouldn't be the same

I agree with Russ...civil discussion about a topic that have many opinions is a good thing. To each his own.

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online