SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#341079 - 02/29/12 07:36 AM Re: TheWolf making a SZ comeback... in his style(?) [Re: TheWolf]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: TheWolf
forgot to say, just rigght click and "save target as" if ya want that on your hard dick.

real treat for any Shadow guitar types out there, at 00:52:35 !! Live with Tyros4 60'sGuitar pop style & my guitarist.

EDIT: and yea in response to the recent thread here about using the expression pedal... after listening to this set anyone will realize it's really essential!

Good to see you back, Wolfie....you certainly have a way with presentation. wink

Very good singing, and yes, the expression pedal is vital for me to express emotion in my music...I guess that's why it is called an "expression" pedal. wink

Ian

Ian

#341083 - 02/29/12 08:49 AM Re: TheWolf making a SZ comeback... in his style(?) [Re: TheWolf]
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
To: The Wolf: Awesome

Great voice, enjoyed the T-4 guitar combo.

Unless you were on Satleiite Radio, or HBO, many of your 'words' would be 'beeped' out by the so called Good Guy Moral Censors in the U.S. Just wouldn't be the same, like watching Joe Pesci and "Goodfellas" on 'regular' TV.

"You mean, let me understand this … cuz I … maybe its *beep* me, maybe I’m a little *beep* up maybe. I’m funny how? I mean funny, like I’m a clown? I *beep* amuse you? I make you laugh? I’m here to *beep* amuse you? Whattya you mean *beep* funny? Funny how? How am I funny?"

On Expression:
I tried using an expression pedal on a PSR-3000, but it was a Technics Expression/Volume (confused) pedal, and the results were poor. The level of volume was not a smooth graduation of volume, like a B3 pedal, but rather more of a "jerky" type movement. Could be the wrong type pedal?

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#341085 - 02/29/12 09:11 AM Re: TheWolf making a SZ comeback... in his style(?) [Re: TheWolf]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Scott,

Maybe it's me, but I just don't think there is a place for profanity in music--period! I, personally, don't believe it serves a purpose, I don't think it does anything, other than maybe provide a bit of shock value. But, if you need shock value to sell the song, then that doesn't say much for the singer or the song, does it. Now, Wolfe has good vocal qualities, no doubt about it. I can only imagine how wonderful the song would sound without the profanity and booze.

As for profanity being acceptable in Finland or having something to do with Tourettes, NAH! Keep in mind that I worked in the medical field for many years and encountered lots of Tourettes patients and not one that I came in contact uttered a single word of profanity. That's BS at best. As for the masses in Finland accepting profanity as a normal part of everyday speech, that sure wasn't the case when I was there. Maybe things were different then, but I sincerely don't their social values have changed that much to consider profanity as acceptable speech. The vast majority of the people I met in Finland were kind, considerate, extremely polite and well spoken individuals. I hope to go back there one day in the not too distant future.

Gary cool

Edited by travlin'easy (02/29/12 09:12 AM)

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#341086 - 02/29/12 09:18 AM Re: TheWolf making a SZ comeback... in his style(?) [Re: Fran Carango]
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Originally Posted By: Fran Carango
I don't know why....but I like this guy grin

Simple Fran, that's because he is a real Viking, oh well, a Finnish Viking I mean. rocker
100% Real Vikings are Norwegians. dance2

Anyway, I happen to like him a lot too. smile

Heikki,
I might take a trip to Finland in not to long, so watch out for a big dancing bear on the floor in front of you. laugh

Cheers
GJ

#341089 - 02/29/12 10:10 AM Re: TheWolf making a SZ comeback... in his style(?) [Re: TheWolf]
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
I agree with Gary that the profanity isn't necessary. His doesn't bother me, it's part of his schtick in these videos. But, I'll admit, I would enjoy his singing as much without it. Even if he acted drunk. Or was drunk. The Dean Martin of Finland!

I kind of equate this to my opinion of Hank Williams III. Believe me, I am no prude, by any stretch. After all, I like The Wolf! But anyway, Hank III, in my opinion he just looks ridiculous (or sounds ridiculous) with his over-the-top profanity and I'm-such-a-bad-ass-hell-raiser nonsense. He is SO freakin' talented. His country music is to die for. He's ten times better than his daddy and even better than his grandpa in some ways, and has the best pickers I've ever heard. It's alt-country at its best. But I doubt he will ever lose the profanity and badassness. He thinks that makes him who he is. And he may have a point. But I'd rather see him act more normal. He could reach a thousand times more people with his talent if he'd just behave more.

#341090 - 02/29/12 10:11 AM Re: TheWolf making a SZ comeback... in his style(?) [Re: Gunnar Jonny]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
I REALLY LIKE WOLFE! He's sort of the Adult 2012 version of Dean Martin (sings as well, I think) and my old friend, Foster Brooks.

And, from a profanity standpoint, he's no worse that the average act coming through thru the local comedy club.

Hidden in the persona is not only a great singer, but a person of outstanding taste when I comes to style and tune selection.

Sorry if it offends some, but we're all "big kids" here.

GOOD STUFF! An entertaining, talented dude, for sure.

Russ

#341098 - 02/29/12 12:33 PM Re: TheWolf making a SZ comeback... in his style(?) [Re: travlin'easy]
RC Offline

Loc: Pa Usa
Gary
I don't care for the profanity either but it dosen't bother me. If you want a real shock just go to you local mall and sit and listen to the kids today walking around , talk about profanity !!!!!!!

#341100 - 02/29/12 01:29 PM Re: TheWolf making a SZ comeback... in his style(?) [Re: RC]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Originally Posted By: RC
Gary
I don't care for the profanity either but it doesn't bother me. If you want a real shock just go to you local mall and sit and listen to the kids today walking around , talk about profanity !!!!!!!

Unfortunately, RC, you're right about the kids at the mall. I look at them and say to myself "Just think, they are the future of America. This country is really in trouble." It also makes me glad I can climb aboard my boat and sail away from them. If I could do something to change them, I would do so, but I obviously cannot. At least I raised my two children and taught them mannerism--something the kids at the mall seem to lack. Most of these children are the product of unwed mothers, and parents that care about nothing but themselves. It's a sad state of affairs.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#341101 - 02/29/12 01:32 PM Re: TheWolf making a SZ comeback... in his style(?) [Re: RC]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Originally Posted By: RC
Gary
I don't care for the profanity either but it dosen't bother me. If you want a real shock just go to you local mall and sit and listen to the kids today walking around , talk about profanity !!!!!!!

RC, I agree with you. I hate going to a public place especially when I'm with my lovely 8 year old daughter and people (mostly teens) are using profanity. I often (non- aggressively) confront these profane people and remind them that there are young children and individuals around who find such language as vulgar, inappropriate and offensive.

As far as "The Wolf" goes he is very talented. I'd prefer his music without profanity, but I appreciate that he warns us that they will be profanity and alcohol use in his videos. That way I know not to play his music if my daughter is around.

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#341162 - 03/01/12 02:55 AM Re: TheWolf making a SZ comeback... in his style(?) [Re: TheWolf]
KeyBTyros Offline

Loc: The Netherlands
Hi Heikki,

Ive Listen to you music mp3
Verry nice i like youre music,
It seems we have a lot incommen because i sing the same music
like dean elvis sinatra buble etc....
good old stuff
I didnt know you where away but welcome back
Regards Rico wave

Edited by KeyBTyros (03/01/12 02:56 AM)

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >