SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#340685 - 02/23/12 06:28 PM HNeed help with my Audya 4
Christian_1 Offline

Hi all,
OK, now I am also an Audya 4 owner and I have plaied the demo songs on it and i like the sounds.
But, I am not able to use my Edirol PCR800 with it.
Can someone tel me what buttons to press and what to configure on the Audya please.
I am visually impaired so also please tel me what exact buttons to press.
Many thanks!

#340775 - 02/24/12 06:13 PM Re: HNeed help with my Audya 4 [Re: Christian_1]
Christian_1 Offline

So, noone is able to assist me?
I tried pressing the menu button, followed by F2 for MIDI and then F6 for MIDI RX followed by F1 for uper.
Then, I pressed F1 again for channel 1 and then menu, but still, no sound could be heared when I plaied.
I also tried pressing the up arrow just to make sure that I was at the top of the list of MIDI channels and also used the data wheel, wich I turned several times to the left and then one click to the right and then I pressed menu. I didn't want to hit save until I know that it was working. Shouldn't I hear anything when I play now?
Please, if anyone can, help me!

#340814 - 02/25/12 05:42 AM Re: HNeed help with my Audya 4 [Re: Christian_1]
Tonewheeldude Offline

I did post this before but here goes:

.... presuming you are splitting the controller as channel One upper and Two lower:

MENU -> F2 MIDI -> F6 CHANNEL RX ->
F1 Upper: 1
F2 Lower: 2
all others OFF then:
F9 Arranger Chords ->
F6 Lower 1: 2
F7 Lower 2: 2
all others OFF

and lastly press "SAVE" (under the cursor keypad)

Then go into Menu -> keyboard control -> F5 accordion -> user 1/6 (change to INACTIVE).

and then USER 5/10 'SAVE'

That should get you started although you may need to change the octaves for upper/lower. The latter instructions ensures good chord recognition.

If that does not work then you will have to look at your master keyboards midi setup, sorry I don't know the keyboard.

You could also try using the different MIDI Templates ketron have supplied from the MIDI screen just to get a basic setup (the USER buttons). But you will still need to alter them to get the module working perfectly.

Other than that, give your retailer a call, most Ketron agents will have a good working knowledge of the instrument (unless you brought it at discount online of course!)

#340851 - 02/25/12 05:23 PM Re: HNeed help with my Audya 4 [Re: Tonewheeldude]
Christian_1 Offline

Well, after some Googleing, I found other people were having the same problems like me.
The solution was to turn the MIDI interface mode off on the PCR 800 and that did the trick!
So now, it's working.
I had to turn off accordion mode on the Audya. But how to save that setting, nothing seems to happen after I press the user 2 button and then the save button.

#340878 - 02/26/12 01:09 AM Re: HNeed help with my Audya 4 [Re: Christian_1]
Tonewheeldude Offline

As already mentioned a couple of times, to save the accordion mode you press the USER 5/10 (SAVE) button.

#340936 - 02/26/12 06:22 PM Re: Need help with my Audya 4 [Re: Tonewheeldude]
Christian_1 Offline

Well, its working quite ok now, except for a few things.
First, when I play the keyboard I have two instances of a sound, the piano sound and that is over the entire keyboard.
However, if I change the sound the other sound some times change and some times not, but the split seems to be ok.
I have set the RX 1 uper to channel 1 and lower to channel 2 and nothing else.
It's only the sound issue I am having.
Many thanks for any help!

#340956 - 02/27/12 05:13 AM Re: Need help with my Audya 4 [Re: Christian_1]
Tonewheeldude Offline

you still have not set up your MIDI channels correctly.

Are you setting the split point from the controller or the module? In other words is the left hand transmitting on channel 2 and the right hand on channel 1? or is the whole keyboard channel 1? (in which case you need to set the split point from the Audya.)

Also, from the Audya, turn off everything you don't need in the MIDI menu RX page as already mentioned. once its all turned off you can start to re-introduce stuff as required.

If all else fails try setting the split point on the Audya above the top note of your controller - its a workaround solution and will probably get rid of the extra Piano sound, but your only curing the symptom, you would be better to set it up correctly now.

#340962 - 02/27/12 06:11 AM Re: Need help with my Audya 4 [Re: Tonewheeldude]
Christian_1 Offline

Well, I am not sure what channel the keyboard is transmitting on, maybe it is channel 1.
Can't read the display.
Will try the other things you suggested.
Will try to set the split from the Audya.

#340964 - 02/27/12 06:26 AM Re: Need help with my Audya 4 [Re: Christian_1]
Tonewheeldude Offline

Yes, of course - sorry. there is not much more I can do for you now without knowing more about the controller. Where did you buy the module from? If its a local retailer perhaps they can assist?

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online