SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#340780 - 02/24/12 07:15 PM Re: I'm joining the PA500 club [Re: john smies]
CoasterTim Offline

Loc: Allentown, PA, USA
John,

All your hard work is providing a huge difference in what I've been hearing coming out of my microARRANGER. I'm looking forward to what you've done for the 500. Mine arrives Tuesday.

-----------------------------------------------------------
YAMAHA CVP-509 / Korg Pa300

#340781 - 02/24/12 07:35 PM Re: I'm joining the PA500 club [Re: Scottyee]
CoasterTim Offline

Loc: Allentown, PA, USA
Hey Scott,

I was thinking along the same lines today. So I accessed the style lists for both keyboards (KMA & PA500) and was surprised to see how relatively few styles were common to both boards - maybe around 35-40%. I was expecting to see a lot more duplicates.
It'll be fun to do the comparison thing when the 500 arrives.

Don't know if I'll sell the KMA immediately. Maybe later. I'm more inclined to sell the microSTATION at this point. It is a powerful synth, but with the Kronos now at the church where I work, my interest has shifted, as you can imagine.

-----------------------------------------------------------
YAMAHA CVP-509 / Korg Pa300

#340783 - 02/24/12 07:52 PM Re: I'm joining the PA500 club [Re: CoasterTim]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: CoasterTim
Thanks Donny. Your comments regarding the 500 had a large influence on my decision. Even though I wanted the PA3x, the 500 will have to do.

Tim don.t sell the Pa500 short,... take the "time" to do your homework.....dig in, and set that baby up for live performance and you won't be sorry,. I learned my lesson the hard way to set it up using what ever PA system you use on stage at performance Volume, NOT with headphones!!!....you don't want any surprises or double work later on........
when in doubt just shout here on the SZ.......good luck wink

#340797 - 02/25/12 01:10 AM Re: I'm joining the PA500 club [Re: CoasterTim]
john smies Offline

Loc: koudekerke, Holland.
John,

All your hard work is providing a huge difference in what I've been hearing coming out of my microARRANGER. I'm looking forward to what you've done for the 500. Mine arrives Tuesday.

Thanks Tim, I know that meanwhile several of you are using large parts of my resources on their Micro and I am proud of it. Unless you can afford a Kronos/PA3X I would go along with Donny in "not selling the PA500 short ". But the same goes for the Micro. As a matter of fact only since Thursday I have had a Micro at my dispostion from the Dutch distributor and it is sitting on top of my PA800. I have connected them both MIDI and AUDIO and going thru one of my favourite set of resources for the Micro ( the 2006 set) I am in awe again of the quality of this "obsolete, ten year old technology " keyboard. Some of the stuff that I programmed seems to sound even better on the Micro than on the PA800, which even I find hard to believe.

As to the PA500, in 2010 I programmed extensively on the PA500 and later on I did the same on the German version, the PA500musikant.
I am grafetul for your donation a few weeks ago for my huge package of Micro software and as such will be pleased to send you my pa500 new set of resources for free. Contrary to what some people may think, it is all about the music and not about the money.......Check out your mail.

Some people, very few admittedly, are of the opinion that e.g. the Micro sounds good enough as it is out of the box. That is absolute nonsense.
If I listen for example to the Micro with the factory registrations and afterwards with one of my sets, the difference is night and day. That is not to say of course that my programming is to everyone's liking cause there is no accounting for tastes.But one surely will be able to digest things that one like from whichever set of mine. The same holds good for the PA500 Resources set, which , I hope , you will be able to confirm here in a week or two...............Enjoy !!

regards,
John Smies

#340799 - 02/25/12 02:33 AM Re: I'm joining the PA500 club [Re: CoasterTim]
Tony Hughes Offline

I'm not!
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#340807 - 02/25/12 04:43 AM Re: I'm joining the PA500 club [Re: john smies]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: john smies
John,

Thanks Tim, I know that meanwhile several of you are using large parts of my resources on their Micro and I am proud of it. Unless you can afford a Kronos/PA3X I would go along with Donny in "not selling the PA500 short ". But the same goes for the Micro. As a matter of fact only since Thursday I have had a Micro at my dispostion from the Dutch distributor and it is sitting on top of my PA800. I have connected them both MIDI and AUDIO and going thru one of my favourite set of resources for the Micro ( the 2006 set) I am in awe again of the quality of this "obsolete, ten year old technology " keyboard. Some of the stuff that I programmed seems to sound even better on the Micro than on the PA800, which even I find hard to believe.

As to the PA500, in 2010 I programmed extensively on the PA500 and later on I did the same on the German version, the PA500musikant.
I am grafetul for your donation a few weeks ago for my huge package of Micro software and as such will be pleased to send you my pa500 new set of resources for free. Contrary to what some people may think, it is all about the music and not about the money.......Check out your mail.

Some people, very few admittedly, are of the opinion that e.g. the Micro sounds good enough as it is out of the box. That is absolute nonsense.
If I listen for example to the Micro with the factory registrations and afterwards with one of my sets, the difference is night and day. That is not to say of course that my programming is to everyone's liking cause there is no accounting for tastes.But one surely will be able to digest things that one like from whichever set of mine. The same holds good for the PA500 Resources set, which , I hope , you will be able to confirm here in a week or two...............Enjoy !!

regards,
John Smies

Honestly on the "KMA" which I no longer own..A simple performance "A/B" comparison demo would show that the factory vs the resources make that much of a difference ....
I haven't heard that so far but what do I know?

#340809 - 02/25/12 04:57 AM Re: I'm joining the PA500 club [Re: CoasterTim]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
I knew that the KMA would start a new trend with keyboard players. The KMA is an introduction to Korg. I believe that this is one of the main reasons for its production.

I am keeping my KMA it has many of the same features as my Pa800 and it goes where I do not wish the Pa800 to go. Now I’m sounding like Scott Lee (smile)

Tim enjoy your new keyboard; give it some time and you’ll love it.

John C.

#340821 - 02/25/12 07:02 AM Re: I'm joining the PA500 club [Re: bruno123]
john smies Offline

Loc: koudekerke, Holland.

Bruno,

You have meanwhile gotten all of my resources both for the Micro and for the PA800. And I know you are quite pleased with them which is great.
DO LINK UP your Micro to the PA800, at least AUDIO wise, it is simply great if e.g. you load my 2006 set and hear it coming thru the PA800 while playing the Micro. I would also advise you to do a limited MIDI connection in as much that you play the Micro accompaniment on the lefthand side of your PA800. If you need the midi settings just drop me a mail and I will tell you how to proceed.

Right, as to my ( or anyone else's ) personally made RESOURCES versus the factory presets and performances I have had it !!!!
Over the next week or so I will make a few short demos on the Micro which is now residing permanently in my livingroom, something I realize I should have done two months ago. Alas, I had no Micro at my disposal at the time. In actual fact I had to help folks like Bernie, John C. , Coastertim and Hammer mainly by checking the manuals and digging into my PA50 memory. These trying days are gone now and as I said I hope to prove with the forthcoming demos that my Musical Resources can make a lot of difference......
to be continued.

regards,
John Smies

#340822 - 02/25/12 07:05 AM Re: I'm joining the PA500 club [Re: CoasterTim]
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Hey Neighbor Tim,

Nice move on the Korg PA500/KRONOS. Do I have to go to Church to check it out? smile

Larry

#340824 - 02/25/12 07:35 AM Re: I'm joining the PA500 club [Re: lahawk]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Originally Posted By: lahawk
Hey Neighbor Tim,

Nice move on the Korg PA500/KRONOS. Do I have to go to Church to check it out? smile

Larry

Then you can deal directly with the boss and not a saleman... smile

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online