SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#340529 - 02/22/12 10:54 AM Re: Is it worth for me upgrading to a Pa3x ? [Re: vagro]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: vagro
Thank you all for your quick answer

I think I will go for it, I never regreted for any purchase yet.

PS Bachus thanks but you misunderstood something, I own a pa500.

From a PA500 the upgrade will be huge, and well worth it, in my opinion the PA3X is the most complete arranger money can buy these days...

http://keyszone.boards.net

#340535 - 02/22/12 12:21 PM Re: Is it worth for me upgrading to a Pa3x ? [Re: vagro]
Machetero Offline

Loc: Tampa, Florida, USA
Vagro,

If you can afford it go for the PA3x
Si puedes comprar el PA3x, atrevete !!

The PA3x give up as standard things that is the PA800 are options. If you add those options to the PA800 it will be more than US$4600.00. Then, why don't buy the PA3x?
The PA3x will give you as standard:

- 76 keys, better keyboard
- More styles
- 1200 locations where to store styles
- More DNC sounds
- More memory
- Dual MP3 player
- Chord Sequencer
- Hard Disk
- More drum kits
- New TC-Helicon ® Vocal Processor (VoiceLive2 derived) with dedicated professional effects
- Guitar Mode 2

The Yamaha T3 at US$9000.00 can't compare to the PA3x.
For US9000.00 you can purchase the PA3x and some additional toys with money to save.

Compra el PA3x. No te arrepentiras hermano !!!

Edited by Machetero (02/22/12 12:25 PM)

#340537 - 02/22/12 12:41 PM Re: Is it worth for me upgrading to a Pa3x ? [Re: Machetero]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: Machetero

- 76 keys, better keyboard

The PA3X comes in both a 61 and a 76 keys version...
The 61 Keys version has no harddisk build in.
THe 61 Keys version has no motor risable screen

#340545 - 02/22/12 01:46 PM Re: Is it worth for me upgrading to a Pa3x ? [Re: vagro]
vagro Offline

Loc: Argentina
Thank you guys, now I'm more excited than ever!

When I' m playing my monster machine along the Mediastation with some giga choirs in the middle manual and the Pa500 plus 3 Vst orchestral sounds plus a Combi with up to 8 sounds from the korg Tr workstation in the upper manual with a Psr s900 style together with the Pa500 drums adding up to 8 pads..... then I wonder what could sound better than that?

The thing is there are only two Pa3x in Argentina and a lot of import restrictions for the next to come. I can only order one without tryng it first.

It is common worlwide that arrangers don't sell well, there are not many buyers here (lucky me) but there won't be many buyers either when I attempt to resell it in the future (poor me) to upgrade it.

Machetero: sí lo puedo comprar pero lo pagaré en cuotas durante un año!!!! No importa, si me gusta, nunca me arrepentiré.

Korg Pa3x 61 - Mediastation X76 - Yamaha Psr s900 - Korg Tr61 - Roland PK5A - NanoKontrol - Ensoniq SQ1 - Yamaha D85 organ

#340567 - 02/22/12 06:08 PM Re: Is it worth for me upgrading to a Pa3x ? [Re: vagro]
mirza Offline

Loc: london,ontario.canada
I don't know man.If you have money and like spending it than go for it.But I think it's waste of your money.You have all those keyboards and they are all good.Why not put money into software for your mediastation(komplete 8,omnisphere,quantum leap instrumetns or whatever).
It will give you a lot more instruments than any arranger.And it will be cheaper for you.
But.if you like spending than you might as well go for pa3x,even for t4 whatever the cost.They are all good instruments.

TYROS 5,BEHRINGER X32PRODUCER,YAMAHA DSR112,JBL PRX618s XLF,EV ZLX12p,SENNHEISER E945,....ETC

#340572 - 02/22/12 09:10 PM Re: Is it worth for me upgrading to a Pa3x ? [Re: vagro]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: vagro
Thank you guys, now I'm more excited than ever!

When I' m playing my monster machine along the Mediastation with some giga choirs in the middle manual and the Pa500 plus 3 Vst orchestral sounds plus a Combi with up to 8 sounds from the korg Tr workstation in the upper manual with a Psr s900 style together with the Pa500 drums adding up to 8 pads..... then I wonder what could sound better than that?

The thing is there are only two Pa3x in Argentina and a lot of import restrictions for the next to come. I can only order one without tryng it first.

It is common worlwide that arrangers don't sell well, there are not many buyers here (lucky me) but there won't be many buyers either when I attempt to resell it in the future (poor me) to upgrade it.

Machetero: sí lo puedo comprar pero lo pagaré en cuotas durante un año!!!! No importa, si me gusta, nunca me arrepentiré.

How can there be import restrictions for arranger keyboards?

#340603 - 02/23/12 05:22 AM Re: Is it worth for me upgrading to a Pa3x ? [Re: vagro]
vagro Offline

Bachus,
There are import restrictions for everything, not for arrangers. In this country the annual general inflation rate has been 25% in the last couple of years (not admitted by the government though) and the dollar has increased only 5% yearly, which means now we have a cheaper dollar. This situation led to an increase in imported products and altered the trade balance damaging local industries. We don’t manufacture arrangers or electronic keyboards (we do assemble computers, Lcd, etc) so there won’t be complete restrictions for those products, however now the government decides which products can be imported and which won’t, and it’s become more complicated to get the import license. I’ve been following the time it took the Pa3x to arrive from the time the importers announced it and it was around 5 months.

Mirza,
You are absolutely right, software is an excellent option except for all the frustration I get when I spend hours trying to install them to work properly, then the Mediastation fails, then I realize I have the MS’s old OS and then I need to buy the PCI express card from Lionstracs Italy at 190 euros to update it, and then I need to get more Ram or perhaps a better CPU, and then I need a computer technician to do that work and then I have to write to Domenico in Italy because it is not working and then… I’m in bad mood and my wife is fed up with my keyboards and me.
After all this is my hobby for my own enjoyment and this will be my first TOTL arranger. I got the Mediastation very cheap from a Lionstracs’ software developer in my country, my Pa500 and Psr s900 don't make together the cost of a Tyros in your country. I thought the MS was a unique opportunity, and it really was! As long as I use its basic functions it is a stable system.

Korg Pa3x 61 - Mediastation X76 - Yamaha Psr s900 - Korg Tr61 - Roland PK5A - NanoKontrol - Ensoniq SQ1 - Yamaha D85 organ

#340639 - 02/23/12 09:24 AM Re: Is it worth for me upgrading to a Pa3x ? [Re: vagro]
vagro Offline

Done. Now waiting for about 10 days.

Thank you (you are the only ones who know this whistle )

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online