SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#340364 - 02/20/12 09:42 AM Re: It's a good thing . . . [Re: zuki]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
I only had 4 public "gigs" last week, but I also had a film score for a UK college of Dentistry project. This one was on a tight budget....$500.00 a finished minute. Film was 12 minutes long.

Also did a studio session for a national chicken chain. Pay was about what I get for 5 nights for about three house work and a drive to Louisville and back (160 miles). There are also residuals if the flite of spots is extended or the placements are increased. On last year for the same client netted over $5,000.00.

Point is, there is work out there; sometimes it's not what most of us are accustomed to doing.

Doing a Gallery Hop night next week where all the art is the nude form. Now, what's not to like about that?

Images of HAIRY LEGGED, NAKED MEN, that's what!(LOL).

Enjoy whatever, whenever and wherever you play.

Just remember to keep your clothes on!

Russ

Believe it or not, as much as I like music score and film production, I miss playing for an appreciative audience, even though, as an entertainer, I SUCK!

Edited by captain Russ (02/20/12 09:44 AM)

#340371 - 02/20/12 10:58 AM Re: It's a good thing . . . [Re: captain Russ]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By: captain Russ

Believe it or not, as much as I like music score and film production, I miss playing for an appreciative audience, even though, as an entertainer, I SUCK!

Great MUSICIANS, especially in the Jazz genre, often "suck" as entertainers ... but their entertainment is in their music ... smile

#340382 - 02/20/12 12:13 PM Re: It's a good thing . . . [Re: DonM]
Mockie Offline

Loc: Dublin Ireland
Originally Posted By: DonM
.I'm in the middle of 17 straight nights. Good thing is they are all in the same place and I don't have to tear down.
DonM

Don, this does sound like "music to my ears" There is nothing as good as a musician being kept busy with lovely work like this.

Beautiful.

Frank

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online