SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#340183 - 02/18/12 03:29 PM Question for Nigel! (and everybody on Synthzone)
Eric, B Online   content

Loc: Ventura, Ca, USA
Hi Nigel,
Nowadays many folks hang out on Facebook to share info, pictures, videos etc.
Synthzone does to a certain degree the same...
One cool feature of Facebook is the "thumbs up" feature.
Sometimes you don't want to write something, but want to let the person know that you like or agree with what was posted with a click of a button.
I wonder if this could be done on the new user interface with Synthzone?
What do you guys think.
I think it would be really cool and there would be more response...
Thanks
Eric

#340187 - 02/18/12 03:56 PM Re: Question for Nigel! (and everybody on Synthzone) [Re: Eric, B]
Dnj Offline

#340189 - 02/18/12 04:05 PM Re: Question for Nigel! (and everybody on Synthzone) [Re: Eric, B]
Tonewheeldude Offline

facebook only uses those features so they can learn more about your likes and dislikes and then reap the rewards in advertising.

add that to Kinetic technology (which is the future right now) and pretty soon you will walk into a shop and the sales staff will know exactly what to sell you..and the police will be able to arrest you for looking at your next door neighbors Tyros 9 in the wrong way wink

#340190 - 02/18/12 04:16 PM Re: Question for Nigel! (and everybody on Synthzone) [Re: Tonewheeldude]
Eric, B Online   content

You Just posted on Synthzone...
That means your info is already out there... wink
I have nothing to hide.
The Police is way to busy with the crazies to be concerned about us. grin
The moment you turn on your computer, you putting yourself out there...
So far nobody knows me when I walk into a store, and often I have to look for a sales person to help me... wink
You don't have to click on the thumbs up if you do not like it.
It is your choice.
We can not prevent progress; maybe slow it down...
But in the end it'll come sooner or later... wink

#340211 - 02/18/12 08:41 PM Re: Question for Nigel! (and everybody on Synthzone) [Re: Eric, B]
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
Good idea Eric. If someone is spying on me they are going to be terribly bored. On a side note I hope you and your family are well and prosperious. We need to have Bebop have another jam.

Tom

Tom

#340219 - 02/18/12 11:09 PM Re: Question for Nigel! (and everybody on Synthzone) [Re: Tom Cavanaugh]
Eric, B Online   content

Hi Tom,
Yes we are doing very well. Thanks for asking smile
That was fun at Bebops... keys
Hope you are doing well too smile
Eric

#340232 - 02/19/12 02:51 AM Re: Question for Nigel! (and everybody on Synthzone) [Re: Eric, B]
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
I've never signed in at FB, and have no hurry to do so, if ever.
Now it's a trend for most all websites or media as TV or whatever, a message about: If you want to know more etc etc, follow us at FaceBook. (or Twitter)
Watch news at TV, and after the headlines of a story they tell you to go to internet to read and see the rest, because it's not more time left because of the commercials are more important.

Oh well, by turn 60, I'm probably too old. Why not shut down everything else other than FaceBook, if you have to sign in there to read or participate anyway?

computer
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#340256 - 02/19/12 09:38 AM Re: Question for Nigel! (and everybody on Synthzone) [Re: Eric, B]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
The BBS Software doesn't have this feature currently but I can suggest it to the developers so they may consider it in a future update.

#340264 - 02/19/12 11:00 AM Re: Question for Nigel! (and everybody on Synthzone) [Re: Nigel]
Eric, B Online   content

Thanks Nigel smile

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online