SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#339846 - 02/15/12 12:54 AM Didn't know anyone was using this!
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I have been going to the other Korg forum a lot, but I sure like the tone and friendly attitude a lot better here.
I have a PA3X and I will be checking in here now.
I've done quite a lot of work with it, but I'm FAR from being an expert yet. However, if I can help anyone, please ask.
DonM

#339855 - 02/15/12 06:20 AM Re: Didn't know anyone was using this! [Re: DonM]
Sandgroper Offline

Loc: Busselton, Western Australia
Originally Posted By: DonM
I have been going to the other Korg forum a lot, but I sure like the tone and friendly attitude a lot better here.
I have a PA3X and I will be checking in here now.
I've done quite a lot of work with it, but I'm FAR from being an expert yet. However, if I can help anyone, please ask.
DonM

Hi there
Nice to see someont on this site offering some help. Just trying to get the head around the Korg system of saving edits. they write about saving to banks in the book etc, but where are they ? I'm used to seeing things called bank 1, 2, 3 etc.
After 12 years of Kn7 it is a steep learning curve.
Once I get over the initial panic I'm sure it's going to be great, the extra space on the board really pleases my wife. She is the one who playes KB while I do Sax & Vocals.

Regards

Eddie

#339883 - 02/15/12 09:13 AM Re: Didn't know anyone was using this! [Re: DonM]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I have putting all my setups in a Custom List. You press the Songbook button, then select Custom List Edit, create a new list and name it whatever you like.
Then you set the entire keyboard like you want for a certain song. Then select Book Edit 1, press Write and name your entry before saving. At this time you can set up and add new STS settings to your song. You can save other parameters by going to Book Edit 2 and 3.
Then go to the main list and press Add To List. Before shutting the keyboard off, go to Custom List edit and SAVE your Custom List!
It's easier than it sounds, and after you do it a few times it becomes second nature.
Also, be certain to Back Up your Songbook occasionally, just in case!
Hope this helps you get started.
DonM

#339959 - 02/16/12 06:24 AM Re: Didn't know anyone was using this! [Re: DonM]
Bob Hendershot Offline

Loc: Johnson City, TN USA
I thought I was a relatively intelligent guy till I began working with the PA3X. I keep losing stuff that I thought I had saved. I think it's got something to do with the rotation of the earth . . . I learned something new from your post, Don. Good to have you here.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online